Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 9/16/2023 at 1:17 PM, dani negreanu said:

We've been. Beautiful place. I didn't want to leave. All those and the subsequent pics are amazing. Glad the young couple are enjoying nice weather.

I bought a music box in Interlachen. 
Two  of my granddaughters jumped off a mountain there, separated by half a dozen years. 

• Like 4

On 9/14/2023 at 12:21 PM, Arzeena said:

Isn't Mimi on the Mariner?

We sail on the 29th. 
There’s a new tropical depression forming that will probably be going up the coast when we do. 
After all these years waiting, we may not get to Bermuda!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I can’t wait to see those photos!  Any wagers on how long before some here start booking your daughters honeymoon itinerary?!

We've already talked about it, although it seems a little weird following in our daughter's footsteps.  We did have a Lake Como trip cancelled due to Covid and we still want to go there.

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My vote goes to Hawaii. Paradise on earth.

What she said!

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am renting one for our next cruise.  @brillohead Debbi has been very helpful in helping us with suggestions in our travel.   She suggested to rent one called Whills. It sounds great! 

The wheelchair I am getting is not designed as a portable. Heavy.  We have been considering driving to Miami for the Icon cruise in January so that I could use it on that cruise.  We would have to break the trip up.  I would love to have it!  This chair will allow me to raise up 12" to help talk with people. 

Without naming names using the full 12 inch lift might have you taller than some.😂

21 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I will need to be a little sneaky on Icon.  I love slides.  The last 4 cruises, 2 Allure 2 Ovation, had no slides!  I will be so tempted to go on a slide.  Will I be able to park at the bottom of the slide?  Will I be able to climb up it?  😆 We will see.

John, if you want to go on the slides just say the word and Toby and I will make sure we get you to the top as many times as you want to ride.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What kind of boat do you have?

It is an open bow I/O that we have had for nearly 40 years now,  We use it for skiing, kneeboarding, wakeboarding, and tubing.  Basically, any kind of water sports.

It has a Volvo engine and out drive, so some parts are not as easy to come by as they use to be.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2023 at 1:20 AM, NHProud said:

That would be hilarious except my husband had a humongous calcium pill stuck in his throat this week . Coughing and coughing didn’t bring it up so I drove him to the ER or what I now call the waiting room . They wouldn’t even give him some water . We left after 1 1/2 hours .  I know they triage the patients but still . 

The thing with an Emergency Department is you WANT to wait a long time.  If we rush you back quickly, it means that you're in danger of dying!  

Next time try to find an Urgent Care clinic instead... the wait is likely to be less.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2023 at 2:11 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

Hot Saturday in Sydney 35c/95f.  Went to a community day in North Sydney.  The Harbour Trust were doing free guided tours of the former torpedo factory.  The three level site is where torpedos were built in WWII. Interesting history tour and a beautiful restored site next to the harbour.

You and your DH do the coolest adventures!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That’s really disappointing. So sorry you experienced that’s. Tiki is real popular now but it has to be done right. Those drinks are pathetic.

I agree, Greg.  According to the menu, they only opened in July, so maybe they are on a learning curve.  I may need to write a review on it to give them some feedback. 

When I ordered the Hurricane, I was expecting something like this.

no_035.thumb.jpeg.512321c437bbee12005fe6ea368a209d.jpeg

I have yet to find one as good as they make at Pat O’Briens. 

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It is an open bow I/O that we have had for nearly 40 years now,  We use it for skiing, kneeboarding, wakeboarding, and tubing.  Basically, any kind of water sports.

It has a Volvo engine and out drive, so some parts are not as easy to come by as they use to be.

I have a 21 ft Bayliner cuddy cabin with a GM Engine I/O. It is about 30 years old now. I don't use it much any longer, but it was fun in its day.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

I agree, Greg.  According to the menu, they only opened in July, so maybe they are on a learning curve.  I may need to write a review on it to give them some feedback. 

I have yet to find one as good as they make at Pat O’Briens. 

Agree Pat O’s is the gold standard!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I have yet to find one as good as they make at Pat O’Briens. Tha Hurricane looks so good.🙂

I have some good memories of Pat O'Brien's. Those Hurricanes look so good!🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

oh, one other picture from the boat shop.  He had an old Chris Craft that he is restoring.  I will be interested in seeing the finished product. 

IMG_8915.thumb.jpeg.5736ead40ddbb5027179d5e70bd86f65.jpeg

I learned how to water-ski and drive a boat with my dad's Chris-Craft that he built himself in 1955.  We spent a lot of quality time in that boat, either on the water or working on it in the yard, especially painting and varnishing the wood.  

Back when I was still in my family's life, my parents rewrote their will and asked my adoptive brother and me if there were any items that we wanted to be left to us individually... the only thing I cared about was I wanted the boat. 

My dad died a couple years ago, but I have no idea what ever happened to the boat.  He'd been disabled for a while before he died, so my mother probably made him sell or give away the boat years ago.  And I can guarantee that the first thing she did after he was buried was went to the lawyer and had me written completely out of the will. 

I didn't want their money anyway... all I ever wanted was for them to love me.  Fortunately, I now have my biological father and his family, and they all welcomed me with open arms.  The family reunion was yesterday in Alabama, and I got soooooo many big hugs!  And everyone who met me for the first time said that they didn't need a DNA test to know that I was Bill's daughter!  LOL

• Like 16

I mentioned we went to the WaterFire festival last night.  It originated in Providence, RI, and they have a license to put it on here in PA. 

Waterfire’s theme was “Come Sail Away With Us”

The Indian sailed up and down the river to give it a blessing. 

IMG_8940.thumb.jpeg.fac99d001a02411e7f82fdc5654f7f0d.jpeg

After lightning the main fire on one of the bridges, they started lighting the braziers. 

IMG_8944.thumb.jpeg.31ead8f48f31e9054aba791953f425bc.jpeg

IMG_8948.thumb.jpeg.18d6ded2354a0d8a3e955e4efbf82897.jpeg

Not sure what the use, but they caught fire quickly 

IMG_8949.thumb.jpeg.e683c6835967512b1fdee678f46a962b.jpeg

Torches lined the bridges

IMG_8947.thumb.jpeg.63cb40fd4a937a1d23c144f76cf5788b.jpeg

The main fire on one of the bridges was roaring 

IMG_8953.thumb.jpeg.ced613823ce7186ee52fa56a985ce961.jpeg

And, the river had nice reflections from the fires

IMG_8951.thumb.jpeg.8dae3d6ee62989728ecefd6376c027f0.jpeg

Yes, there was smoke on the water.  And more than one kind in the air.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

John, if you want to go on the slides just say the word and Toby and I will make sure we get you to the top as many times as you want to ride.

That is so cool 😎 to hear.  Ken, you know that there is a good chance I take you up on this!  We will definitely have to video and take pics!  One good thing,  I have lost 10 to 15 pounds since we were last together.   Should make it easier getting me to the top of the slides!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That is so cool 😎 to hear.  Ken, you know that there is a good chance I take you up on this!  We will definitely have to video and take pics!  One good thing,  I have lost 10 to 15 pounds since we were last together.   Should make it easier getting me to the top of the slides!

You'd better!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I mentioned we went to the WaterFire festival last night.  It originated in Providence, RI, and they have a license to put it on here in PA. 

Waterfire’s theme was “Come Sail Away With Us”

And, the river had nice reflections from the fires

IMG_8951.thumb.jpeg.8dae3d6ee62989728ecefd6376c027f0.jpeg

Yes, there was smoke on the water.  And more than one kind in the air.  

Wow! That looks really neat! 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2