Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

38 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Sorry to hear that you'll be missing your family due to Covid.  Safe travels Jimbo.  I hope you and your DW start feeling better in the morning.

Sorry to read this as well. 

Safe travels home @Jimbo, to you and Mrs Jimbo. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Perhaps it was "It's All About Me Week"🙄

🤣

I wish it was only a week, seems to be all the time lately.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes,it's positive  we have Covid ,there goes our chance of seeing our Son and other relatives before heading back to Virginia 

Sorry to hear this, hearing about many with covid lately.  Safe travels home, hope you are both feeling better soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Disappointing for sure but glad you're doing the right thing.

Doesn't matter it's the last day,we got to order off the  MDR menu and have dinner in our cabin.

Said leave our bags in cabin and someone would escourt us off the ship at 8am tomorrow  morning and help us off the ship.

Guest services seem to be calling our cabin every 30 minutes,I guess to see if we need anything and that we are still in our cabins.

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Tonight was football practice after school. 

IMG_1956.thumb.jpeg.24e36607bb6fc5195a132edcf1d82138.jpeg

Tonight Owen also had baseball tryouts, with 4 this week. 

IMG_1958.thumb.jpeg.2de0bf8152505b265355a7ab7e60e443.jpeg

Owen is not going to hockey practice tonight at 10:30, as we had a football game tomorrow at 11am. 

Owen is one busy kid!!!  Good luck with Owen's tryouts, although I don't think he needs it, since he's an authentic all-around student-athlete!!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, helen haywood said:

My friends have all said how happy Diana and Minnie must have been to see me.  Au contraire!!  They truly loved Martha, our new pet sitter.  When she came over to return the key and get her check they were ecstatic to see her…did bunny hops for her in front of me!!!

The nerve of them!

In all seriousness it must have warmed your heart to see how they respond with her.   It's not easy to find a good petter sitter that everyone loves.   Congratulations!

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The nerve of them!

In all seriousness it must have warmed your heart to see how they respond with her.   It's not easy to find a good petter sitter that everyone loves.   Congratulations!

Oh, yes, absolutely.  I love Martha too!  I’ve been speaking for the cats since we got back “Martha would have let us do that.”  “Martha didn’t yell at us to get back from the front door.”  I bet they don’t even try to get in our suitcases next time we pack…. “They’re packing!!  They’re going on a trip!  Martha is coming!!!!” 😊❤️😸

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

We cut the sightseeing short as Boston was cold and rainy,  we caught the 1pm water taxi to the airport and just hung out till our 7pm flight. At least we had Internet at the airport .

Flight was on time and our pick up was waiting at LHR for us so home by 8.30am on Monday. 

I was pretty much out of it for most of Monday and Tuesday we babysat Isasc so I've only just finished the laundry today 😅 

Gary's come home with a bad cold so he's been taking it easy.

Hope you had a smooth flight home and work wasn't too hard on Monday 

Sorry to hear Gary is unwell.   His body was probably run down from lack of sleep with rough seas, then bad weather in Boston and long haul home.   Hope he feels better soon.

It has been rough being back to work, crazy busy.

Im sure you were happy to see Baby Isaac on Tuesday.  He's adorable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes,it's positive  we have Covid ,there goes our chance of seeing our Son and other relatives before heading back to Virginia 

Sorry to hear you both have covid and have to cancel your family visit.   

Is this your first time getting covid?   Hopefully symptoms are mild for both of you.    

Definitely drink lots of water, Gatorade, etc it really helps!!

Maybe get a hotel near port tomorrow to rest up before long drive home?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear Gary is unwell.   His body was probably run down from lack of sleep with rough seas, then bad weather in Boston and long haul home.   Hope he feels better soon.

Im sure you were happy to see Baby Isaac on Tuesday.  He's adorable.

+1 @sgmn

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

That's too bad, Debbie.  We liked both Oasis as well as Allure, but we took both out of Florida, and neither was during the Summer months, and weren't chock full of kids.  

I think we boarded on 8.28...kids were not an issue compared to the rude adults in this group.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear you both have covid and have to cancel your family visit.   

Is this your first time getting covid?   Hopefully symptoms are mild for both of you.    

Definitely drink lots of water, Gatorade, etc it really helps!!

Maybe get a hotel near port tomorrow to rest up before long drive home?

First time getting the Vid, we are going to get a hotel about 4 and 1/2 hours from Cape Liberty off of Rt 81 for Thursday Night. They gave us some meds.

20230927_201311.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Doesn't matter it's the last day,we got to order off the  MDR menu and have dinner in our cabin.

Said leave our bags in cabin and someone would escourt us off the ship at 8am tomorrow  morning and help us off the ship.

Guest services seem to be calling our cabin every 30 minutes,I guess to see if we need anything and that we are still in our cabins.

Sounds like they're taking good care of you until you depart.  At least you were able to enjoy most of your cruise. Smart you took a hotel a few hours from Cape Liberty to rest up before the long drive home.  Feel better soon.

Covid is on the rise again in the Dallas area. 😷

• Like 5

On 9/26/2023 at 6:53 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

I don’t choose spaghetti when eating out.  Problem solved😀.  
Not so much because it’s tricky to eat neatly but because bits of the sauce always ends up on my top…

We refer to that as the Bewb Quality Control Test.... the "girls" want a taste too!!!

• Haha 6

On 9/26/2023 at 6:59 PM, Sea Dog said:

They are no fun. My first one caused me more pain than I have ever experienced.

On 9/26/2023 at 7:46 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

That sucks.  Had a bout with them a couple years ago, definitely a pain like no other.  The only pain med that worked for me was morphine via an IV.  Hope they pass quickly. 

Might want to ask your doc for a prescription for Ketorolac/Toradol and Tamsulosin/Flomax to keep on hand if another one crops up. (They seem to love appearing on weekends or after office hours!) 

Toradol seems to work much better for kidney pain than opiates like morphine, and the Flomax helps to "open up the plumbing" so the stone has more room to pass.

Several years ago, my son's father used to drink a lot of "Monster" energy drinks, and he got a kidney stone while he was working out of state.  He needed to be able to drive home that night, so he wouldn't let the ER give him any kind of opioid pain medicine that would prevent him being able to drive... but he was in such excruciating pain that he couldn't drive home without some sort of pain relief.  So... he called me!  LOL 

I told him to ask the doc for some Toradol, and the doc walked in the room right then, so he said, "My wife said to ask if I can have Toradol," and the doc said, "We can do that!"  He got a shot of Toradol and was able to drive back home that night... and he hasn't had a single energy drink since that time (and he hasn't had any more kidney stones, either!).  

When I was working in the ER, we were giving out Toradol injections like they were prizes on the Oprah Winfrey show.... "YOU get Toradol and YOU get Toradol and YOU get Toradol!"

oprah-winfrey-oprah-shot.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 7