Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

Might want to ask your doc for a prescription for Ketorolac/Toradol and Tamsulosin/Flomax to keep on hand if another one crops up. (They seem to love appearing on weekends or after office hours!) 

Toradol seems to work much better for kidney pain than opiates like morphine, and the Flomax helps to "open up the plumbing" so the stone has more room to pass.

Several years ago, my son's father used to drink a lot of "Monster" energy drinks, and he got a kidney stone while he was working out of state.  He needed to be able to drive home that night, so he wouldn't let the ER give him any kind of opioid pain medicine that would prevent him being able to drive... but he was in such excruciating pain that he couldn't drive home without some sort of pain relief.  So... he called me!  LOL 

I told him to ask the doc for some Toradol, and the doc walked in the room right then, so he said, "My wife said to ask if I can have Toradol," and the doc said, "We can do that!"  He got a shot of Toradol and was able to drive back home that night... and he hasn't had a single energy drink since that time (and he hasn't had any more kidney stones, either!).  

When I was working in the ER, we were giving out Toradol injections like they were prizes on the Oprah Winfrey show.... "YOU get Toradol and YOU get Toradol and YOU get Toradol!"

oprah-winfrey-oprah-shot.gif

We avoid Toradol in our house.   Eric was given Toradol a couple years after a fall and breaking something.    He had a horrible reaction of vomit of diarrhea.   Then 2 yrs ago he was given Toradol again and was in so much pain he decided to try it again and same issue.   Tylenol 3 or 4 is a no no for our bellies too.  Codeine has always been an issue with my stomach.

Finally, they gave him percocet or oxy.  Which he does fine with.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

First time getting the Vid, we are going to get a hotel about 4 and 1/2 hours from Cape Liberty off of Rt 81 for Thursday Night. They gave us some meds.

20230927_201311.jpg

Hope you both are feeling a little better this morning.

You were bound to get it sometime.  

That's good you booked a hotel for tonight.   Don't push yourself, listen to your body and get rest.  

Hopefully hotel has some nice room service options.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We avoid Toradol in our house.   Eric was given Toradol a couple years after a fall and breaking something.    He had a horrible reaction of vomit of diarrhea.   Then 2 yrs ago he was given Toradol again and was in so much pain he decided to try it again and same issue.  

Probably the most common side effects of the drug.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

Might want to ask your doc for a prescription for Ketorolac/Toradol and Tamsulosin/Flomax to keep on hand if another one crops up. (They seem to love appearing on weekends or after office hours!) 

Toradol seems to work much better for kidney pain than opiates like morphine, and the Flomax helps to "open up the plumbing" so the stone has more room to pass.

Several years ago, my son's father used to drink a lot of "Monster" energy drinks, and he got a kidney stone while he was working out of state.  He needed to be able to drive home that night, so he wouldn't let the ER give him any kind of opioid pain medicine that would prevent him being able to drive... but he was in such excruciating pain that he couldn't drive home without some sort of pain relief.  So... he called me!  LOL 

I told him to ask the doc for some Toradol, and the doc walked in the room right then, so he said, "My wife said to ask if I can have Toradol," and the doc said, "We can do that!"  He got a shot of Toradol and was able to drive back home that night... and he hasn't had a single energy drink since that time (and he hasn't had any more kidney stones, either!).  

When I was working in the ER, we were giving out Toradol injections like they were prizes on the Oprah Winfrey show.... "YOU get Toradol and YOU get Toradol and YOU get Toradol!"

oprah-winfrey-oprah-shot.gif

Thanks Debbie! I am already on Tamulosin//Flomax. I did take a Hydrocodone that I had from my knee replacement for pain that helped a little. When I had my knee replacement I was on Toradol in the hospital. It was great stuff. 

• Like 2

Is this what passes as "Sports" news these days? 😉 I mean, the link says CBS Sports, not CBS Entertainment  

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/taylor-swift-travis-kelce-rumors-pop-star-set-to-attend-chiefs-vs-jets-on-sunday-night-per-report/

I wonder if Swifties are going to take over the parking lot hoping to get a glimpse. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We avoid Toradol in our house.   Eric was given Toradol a couple years after a fall and breaking something.    He had a horrible reaction of vomit of diarrhea.   Then 2 yrs ago he was given Toradol again and was in so much pain he decided to try it again and same issue.   Tylenol 3 or 4 is a no no for our bellies too.  Codeine has always been an issue with my stomach.

Finally, they gave him percocet or oxy.  Which he does fine with.

Debbie, at least now you know what work and what doesn't. My problem with painkillers is that they hardly work on me, honest!  I took hydrocodone after my ankle surgery and it hardly made a dent.  I was given morphine when I cracked my femur bone and hardly felt any relief.  Tramadol?  Like eating M&Ms.

I'm leaving soon to have 2 teeth extracted.  Not looking forward to the after pain.  I can't take Motrin, Aleve etc. because of my kidney issue.  Oy!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 11.40am now and we called at the beach earlier.

The forecast storm Agnes missed us yesterday.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a great day.

IMG_20230928_104736.jpg

Good morning.  Glad storm Agnes missed you yesterday!  Cloudy, cool, and rain coming soon today (again!).  Rain expected for the next two days here.  Enjoy your day, Graham!

28 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Debbie, at least now you know what work and what doesn't. My problem with painkillers is that they hardly work on me, honest!  I took hydrocodone after my ankle surgery and it hardly made a dent.  I was given morphine when I cracked my femur bone and hardly felt any relief.  Tramadol?  Like eating M&Ms.

I'm leaving soon to have 2 teeth extracted.  Not looking forward to the after pain.  I can't take Motrin, Aleve etc. because of my kidney issue.  Oy!!!

I'm wishing you the best today, Bonnie! Good luck at the dentist.❤️

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Is this what passes as "Sports" news these days? 😉 I mean, the link says CBS Sports, not CBS Entertainment  

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/taylor-swift-travis-kelce-rumors-pop-star-set-to-attend-chiefs-vs-jets-on-sunday-night-per-report/

I wonder if Swifties are going to take over the parking lot hoping to get a glimpse. 

It certainly wouldn't surprise me!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Have you tried Kraken?😇😉

Seriously,  feel better soon. Same goes for @A&L_Ont, Mr. & Mrs @Jimbo and @Sea Dog

Hope I didn't forget anyone  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Try Kraken.🙂

20230601_191033.thumb.jpg.a561550d3710c10b9f386ab5969adfae.jpg

20230430_135902.thumb.jpg.d604ec1c6c156800d23dde928ee36be7.jpg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Amazing Race was fun.  I am rooting for the deaf father\son team.  Survivor was the first time that one team was extremely annoying and I want them all gone soon.  LOL

I assume we are thinking of the same Survivor team and if so I agree.I am also rooting for the son and deaf father.

• Like 2