Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Disney World ads are the same thing.   A few shots of mask wearing visitors, but lots of pictures of the back of other visitor's heads...which was obvious no mask wearing.  Indeed mixing old ads with new to go on the cheap side.  

Actually there are a lot of ads that must be pretty old when you really look at them.  Close gatherings, no masks, no Social Distancing at all.  Would have to be at least a year old or more.  

5 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

But that becomes a "cruise to nowhere" ,  and the crew visa issues come into play. Immigration says the crew is working in the US, and need an appropriate visa ($$$)

This is for the UK

Different rules

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Disney World ads are the same thing.   A few shots of mask wearing visitors, but lots of pictures of the back of other visitor's heads...which was obvious no mask wearing.  Indeed mixing old ads with new to go on the cheap side.  

Actually there are a lot of ads that must be pretty old when you really look at them.  Close gatherings, no masks, no Social Distancing at all.  Would have to be at least a year old or more.  

Saw one yesterday that had a 'Filmed pre covid' footer

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Saw one yesterday that had a 'Filmed pre covid' footer

LOL....will have to look at all those drug ads a little closer.  They sure love to promote drugs, cars, and lawyers on the morning news shows.  😄 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Is it a whole year since I learned here about Gefilte fish and I had a go??   It must be.  I thought that they were really nice and mean to make them again.  I need to go looking for some fish.  

No worries, it's only half a year (since Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year in September 2021) 😁

We were in TOTAL lockdown this time last year, nobody celebrated Passover, not being allowed to leave our houses more than 50 meter (except for food and meds).

DH is cooking the Gefilte fish twice a year -- Passover and Rosh Hashana 🌺

This Passover, for the 1st time, being disappointed in the ready made horseradish, he decided to try doing it by himself, and it was a huge success!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Never heard of it.

For real?  Here’s an example, seen just like this on Primetime viewing on Fox. No edits and good with the FCC. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sgmn said:

The spoof video may of been done earlier, not sure 

I remember vividly the morning I've heard on the radio about Diana, Princess of Wales's death. 

I couldn't believe it.... My heart went to the "boys", since I also had (and have) 2 boys roughly the same age, especially Prince Harry, who was so young at the time.

I was so happy for him when he finally found love and happiness, so much so as his older brother.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I remember vividly the morning I've heard on the radio about Diana, Princess of Wales's death. 

I couldn't believe it.... My heart went to the "boys", since I also had (and have) 2 boys roughly the same age, especially Prince Harry, who was so young at the time.

I was so happy for him when he finally found love and happiness, so much so as his older brother.

Me too! my kids were young at the time and couldn't understand why mum was watching TV all day and crying all day. Such a shock. 

Yes, they both deserve to be happy and good they have both found life partners and have families of their own now. 

I remember years ago  when they arranged the charity concert in Diana's memory in Wembley. Loads of famous performers and groups. My husband was working for British Airways at the time and they raffled tickets for the corporate box for the show. We got tickets, full hospitality and, best of all we were just below the Princes, fab seats. 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I remember a few years ago  when they arranged the charity concert in Diana's memory. My husband was working for British Airways at the time and they raffled tickets for the corporate box for the show. We got tickets, full hospitality and, best of all we were just below the Princes, fab seats. 

So cool, it must have been quite a fabulous experience 😁

If it was in 2007, then you're nearer to Prince William than Kate....😉

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So cool, it must have been quite a fabulous experience 😁

If it was in 2007, then you're nearer to Prince William than Kate....😉

Yes that's the one, my favourite performance was Rod Stewart 🤗

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

No worries, it's only half a year (since Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year in September 2021) 😁

We were in TOTAL lockdown this time last year, nobody celebrated Passover, not being allowed to leave our houses more than 50 meter (except for food and meds).

DH is cooking the Gefilte fish twice a year -- Passover and Rosh Hashana 🌺

This Passover, for the 1st time, being disappointed in the ready made horseradish, he decided to try doing it by himself, and it was a huge success!

Homemade horseradish that I've tasted was always stronger than store bought which we happen to like.  My father in law's could clear your sinuses just by looking at it. Weird, I know.

I buy frozen ground fish loaves and cook them for about 1-1/2 hours. Not bad at all. Most Israelis I know cook from scratch, so unlike me...slinking away in shame.

• Like 3