Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We were just leaving the Hermitage museum in St. Petersburg, and Rod was there.... smiling and camera ready 😁

P1000542.JPG

He looks unrecognizable with his hair so neat and not spikey. Always a treat to run into someone famous.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 2:34 PM, island lady said:

Well, I must be in a positive thinking mode the last couple of weeks.  Over that time I have booked 13 cruises, trying to build up the bookings again after so many cancellations  😮 

Four of them due to invite from Cruise Wizard Gary, and this last two today,..... due to my sister wanting 65th birthday celebration with big sister along.  And of course, replenishing our lost bucket list to Australia again.  

Guess I figure if I start tossing enough against the wall again....something might stick again!  😉 

We were on a TP cruise with Cruise Wizard Gary in 2017. He set up an island excursion in Bora Bora. We had a blast.

On 3/27/2021 at 4:31 PM, John&LaLa said:

I miss a lot. This thread grows to fast

I know. I’m still trying to catch up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

What’s RD#47?

Oh for Pete's sake Renee. He is promoting your governor as the next president. Even *I* can figure that one out. :classic_rolleyes::classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/27/2021 at 4:40 PM, dani negreanu said:

I imagine the question about the treats is intended to Graham @grapau27.

My former FA son, who is constantly in touch with his colleagues who are still flying, told me that the crews are taken by bus to a hotel and not allowed to leave the room until they fly back... Food is left at the door....

A whole new "lay over experience"... and not a fun one at that 😢

He said there are a lot of restrictions. They can’t leave the room without a mask on and they must be worn at all times unless eating, smoking or running. When they were waiting on the hotel bus to pick them up they had to wear masks and it was in an empty parking lot. 😳  I did get one text saying he was heading to dinner. He didn’t say that it would be in his room so I’m not sure. I’ll ask him specifics when he get home tomorrow. Maybe some hotels have different rules?

On 3/27/2021 at 4:48 PM, grapau27 said:

There are lots of confectionery, alcohol,perfumes and after shaves in the airport terminal.

Barcelona centre LAS Ramblas is only a 25 minute taxi fare 30 Euros from the airport.

Tomorrow Sunday probably only touristy shops open.

A curfew from 10pm-6am

Bars and restaurants only open 7.30am-5pm.

There will be a 6 hour time difference.

Hope Mike has a safe flight.

Graham.

I was thinking along the lines of confectioneries. 😁 I have plenty of perfumes. It turns out it was Palm Sunday so only a few little markets were open. I’m not sure if he went to any. I never asked him for anything so I’m not sure if he went to any. I guessing he didn’t. I didn’t realize they were being that strict over there. 

On 3/27/2021 at 5:04 PM, mo&fran said:

How can restaurants serve dinner?  Dinner service, IIRC , starts about 9PM.

It was way too late for us.

He said right now the restaurants can only serve till 5:00, but they can do take out till 10:00. 

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

For real?  Here’s an example, seen just like this on Primetime viewing on Fox. No edits and good with the FCC. 

Seriously. Of course he has😉

Just not happy about it. 

Edited by John&LaLa

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I remember vividly the morning I've heard on the radio about Diana, Princess of Wales's death. 

I couldn't believe it.... My heart went to the "boys", since I also had (and have) 2 boys roughly the same age, especially Prince Harry, who was so young at the time.

I was so happy for him when he finally found love and happiness, so much so as his older brother.

I got a speeding ticket headed to pick up KFC that evening. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Full moon tonight so I played with the night mode capability of the iPhone 12 Pro Max. The moon was giving off a lot of light but not nearly as much as in the pictures. I’m impressed. 
BE596987-CF6C-415F-A854-3A8B30825CAF.thumb.jpeg.9cd00d737d6e28d66d3f7e1c4bc0263c.jpeg

Tim Cook was interviewed in "People" magazine last week and they asked him what his favorite feature was on the iphone. And he responded "Night Mode" on the camera. It does look amazingly awesome! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I see mow where the Cherokee Nation is complaining the Jeep used their name for the SUV.  

It’s getting ridiculous.

54 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Oh for Pete's sake Renee. He is promoting your governor as the next president. Even *I* can figure that one out. :classic_rolleyes::classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

I don’t know if I would have figured it out. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Coralc said:

He needs to come up with a better hash tag. Everytime I see RD#47. I think it's a new version of the R2D2 droid.

Not exactly a presidential image. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I am slow on these these things sometimes too. They kept talking about Mark O'Rubio on the news. (I think he was a candidate) My husband finally pointed out that, that is not his name and he is not Irish/Cuban. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We were just leaving the Hermitage museum in St. Petersburg, and Rod was there.... smiling and camera ready 😁

P1000542.JPG

Got to love him, first saw him at a rock festival in the '70s in the The Faces. Last time was about three years ago. 

Best concert was at Ceasers Palace in Las Vegas 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

You're right, the interview was aired on March 7th.

Pauline received the video from a friend on March 11th.

It would have took time to organise all the look alikes and setting for the video so it could be either after but more likely before.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

He said there are a lot of restrictions. They can’t leave the room without a mask on and they must be worn at all times unless eating, smoking or running. When they were waiting on the hotel bus to pick them up they had to wear masks and it was in an empty parking lot. 😳  I did get one text saying he was heading to dinner. He didn’t say that it would be in his room so I’m not sure. I’ll ask him specifics when he get home tomorrow. Maybe some hotels have different rules?

I was thinking along the lines of confectioneries. 😁 I have plenty of perfumes. It turns out it was Palm Sunday so only a few little markets were open. I’m not sure if he went to any. I never asked him for anything so I’m not sure if he went to any. I guessing he didn’t. I didn’t realize they were being that strict over there. 

He said right now the restaurants can only serve till 5:00, but they can do take out till 10:00. 

Our restaurants in the UK have been closed since December 30 th except for deliveries and take away and outside seating only doesn't restart until April 12th and indoor seating from May 17th.

There is a food market adjacent to part of Las Ramblas in Barcelona.

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I remember vividly the morning I've heard on the radio about Diana, Princess of Wales's death. 

I couldn't believe it.... My heart went to the "boys", since I also had (and have) 2 boys roughly the same age, especially Prince Harry, who was so young at the time.

I was so happy for him when he finally found love and happiness, so much so as his older brother.

We were in Paris a couple of days after Diana's death and visited the site above the Pont de L'Alma tunnel where her car crashed and it was covered in flowers.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

I think the whole world was sad about the passing of (Princess) Diana and the shocking way that she died. :classic_sad: And John Kennedy Jr. in a plane crash. You never expect young people to be taken so suddenly. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Or, might be, some countries have different rules.... The airline's itineraries are quite restricted for now, for example, they're not flying to Spain....