Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Rory.

It is harmless fun and a great tune too.

The actors look very much like our Royal family who we love.

I thought it was great and funny and find it wonderful the UK seems to be more tolerant on social media with the current situation in the Royal Family. So much of what we now post in US is “Fact Checked” and doesn’t meet community standards and deleted. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

1 this autumn P&O staycation 2 RCG next year and 1 RCG 2023.

There is talk of Disney doing a staycation from Newcastle so we are waiting for details for that.

Have you anything booked yet Sue?.

Graham.

Not yet Graham, we've got a cottage booked in Cornwall in July which we're very much looking forward too. 

I will keep my eye on these staycation cruises and may book one in Sept if not too expensive. 

I was tempted by the Grandeur BGI cruises next year but the prices have gone up quite a bit, also don't really want the faff of getting negative tests to travel. 

We'll have our new grandchild, due in two weeks, to keep us busy 

Looking forward to reading reports of the staycation cruises

Sue

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I thought it was great and funny and find it wonderful the UK seems to be more tolerant on social media with the current situation in the Royal Family. So much of we now post in US is “Fact Checked” and doesn’t meet community standards and deleted. 

M8

I got this video on WhatsApp a couple of weeks ago so I think it's been in circulation for a while 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I thought it was great and funny and find it wonderful the UK seems to be more tolerant on social media with the current situation in the Royal Family. So much of we now post in US is “Fact Checked” and doesn’t meet community standards and deleted. 

M8

We have had many memes and joke videos sent to us that are hilarious but I wouldn't dare post on here.

We don't use any other social media forums ourselves although I have posted over 200 hotel and restaurant reviews on Tripadvisor.

Graham.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Not yet Graham, we've got a cottage booked in Cornwall in July which we're very much looking forward too. 

I will keep my eye on these staycation cruises and may book one in Sept if not too expensive. 

I was tempted by the Grandeur BGI cruises next year but the prices have gone up quite a bit, also don't really want the faff of getting negative tests to travel. 

We'll have our new grandchild, due in two weeks, to keep us busy 

Looking forward to reading reports of the staycation cruises

Sue

We were in Newquay Cornwall almost 40 years ago and maybe one day we will go back but it was a 440 mile drive from home.

The news of your new grandchild is wonderful and something for you to really look forward to.

Take care.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Bonnie. Hag Sameah 🌺

Those are thin slices of potatoes and halves of boiled eggs.

And, just for you,  the chopped liver with horseradish. All the dishes, apart from the matzo "balls" were made by DH.

Not much of a "seder" -- just DS and us...

The married son is with his wife's very extended family. We'll be traveling tomorrow to see them with our pots and pans...

Before

20210327_195313.jpg

and after

20210327_195624.thumb.jpg.55c4ecc90f0a2511b26cff2a95c201e8.jpg 

Chopped liver......swoon!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

1 this autumn P&O staycation 2 RCG next year and 1 RCG 2023.

There is talk of Disney doing a staycation from Newcastle so we are waiting for details for that.

Have you anything booked yet Sue?.

Graham.

I saw a Disney Cruise advertisement on TV yesterday, on a sports channel. I haven’t seen a cruise ad on TV for over a year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I saw a Disney Cruise advertisement on TV yesterday, on a sports channel. I haven’t seen a cruise ad on TV for over a year. 

We saw Disney ad last night also, first one I recall seeing from them recently.  Have seen quite a few from NCL though. Can’t say I’ve paid any attention to what’s actually been said in the advertisement though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I saw the same thing. That was what i was thinking.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We saw Disney ad last night also, first one I recall seeing from them recently.  Have seen quite a few from NCL though. Can’t say I’ve paid any attention to what’s actually been said in the advertisement though. 

The ad looked to me the exact same, and no special wording but... there was one clip where I saw 2 people wearing masks on board. No where else did it show masks, which made me think it was a clip dropped into an old ad.

Edited by A&L_Ont

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I thought it was great and funny and find it wonderful the UK seems to be more tolerant on social media with the current situation in the Royal Family. So much of what we now post in US is “Fact Checked” and doesn’t meet community standards and deleted. 

M8

Could you imagine a show like All In The Family being produced in this day and age?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

As @grapau27mentioned, I also saw where Disney Cruise Line is considering “staycations” where the ship remains at the port with guests staying onboard. Guess I don’t see how this differs much from being out at sea in terms of distancing, etc?

The P&O staycations sail around the south of England and some go to Scotland but everyone must have had both vaccine jabs and not been told to isolate 14 days before the cruise by being in contact with someone covid19 positive.

The 3 and 4 nighters have no ports of call.

The 7 nighters have 1 or 2 ports in the UK only but you are only allowed off in an organised excursion.

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The P&O staycations sail around the south of England and some go to Scotland but everyone must have had both vaccine jabs and not been told to isolate 14 days before the cruise by being in contact with someone covid19 positive.

The 3 and 4 nighters have no ports of call.

The 7 nighters have 1 or 2 ports in the UK only but you are only allowed off in an organised excursion.

Thanks, I completely misunderstood what Disney is planning.  The ships will leave port but guests don’t disembark anywhere.  That’ll teach me not to read the full article 🙂.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks, I completely misunderstood what Disney is planning.  The ships will leave port but guests don’t disembark anywhere.  That’ll teach me not to read the full article 🙂.

I don't think they are using the word "staycation" in the way we normally interpret it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

I think Sous Vide must be primarily a guy thing. (pardon my sexist language) The male members seem to be enamored with them. Some of us that have to cook meals regularly, really feel no need to plan that far ahead for dinner or cook anything for that long, have the additional prep work or more pots and appliances to clean. Besides purchasing additional specialty appliances and a vacuum sealer and vacuum bags. That's okay.  :classic_biggrin:

But I am sincerely glad that those of you that have a Sous Vide and associated accessories, enjoy it and get a lot of use out of it. :classic_biggrin: But it is not really our thing. 

No cleaning with a sous vide, that's the beauty of it. Throw bag away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

As @grapau27mentioned, I also saw where Disney Cruise Line is considering “staycations” where the ship remains at the port with guests staying onboard. Guess I don’t see how this differs much from being out at sea in terms of distancing, etc?

But that becomes a "cruise to nowhere" ,  and the crew visa issues come into play. Immigration says the crew is working in the US, and need an appropriate visa ($$$)

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm definitely sharing this with my daughter who loves pubs in England (worked in one) and dogs. Perfect.

Did they starve that poor dog just to get this kind of film?  Seems a bit odd to me.  😮 

• Like 1