Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

In case anyone missed it, there has been a change in status match. 

IMG_7040.thumb.jpeg.ea5100a36794fc48c9be5d6ed311e1ea.jpeg

Mine already shows up as Elite Plus on Celebrity.  

Must be something wrong for us. We are Diamond Plus, but still shows  up as just Elite on Celebrity. Wonder if it will correct itself or if we have to make a call somewhere?

Is all Diamond Plus Members become Elite Plus or do you still have to have a certain amount to be the Elite Plus? Maybe we just aren't high enough pointwise?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I just downloaded the Celebrity app.  Didn't realize it will use the same login and password as the Royal app.  Clicked on enroll in Captain's Club and I now have an account with the correct status and everything.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

This one is the third book in the series. I have read all his books, short stories, kid books, my attic is full😳

I used to love Grisham books until I read one about pollution killing a community and at the end the bad guys won , I know this happens in real life but I want the good guys to win in my fiction .

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Must be something wrong for us. We are Diamond Plus, but still shows  up as just Elite on Celebrity. Wonder if it will correct itself or if we have to make a call somewhere?

Is all Diamond Plus Members become Elite Plus or do you still have to have a certain amount to be the Elite Plus? Maybe we just aren't high enough pointwise?

Wait till June 5 when it will be done. Then log out and log into both of your accounts. No need to sign up again.Your Celebrity Captain's Club points will not change, just the "status" will show. Same the other way around.

Not too different for us since we are Diamond Plus and Elite Plus before this, but very exciting for many cruisers who want to try out both the sister lines. Many people will be confused that the # of points will be same...no, points do not change, just status.

Some Pinnacle friends were still grumbling.....they get the Zenith status but no access to Zenith Lounge/Michael's club and some other stuff. And likewise some Zenith people we know are grumbling that to get to Zenith you need 3000+ points compared to 700 to reach Pinnacle, and so on! Will be fun to read the boards in the upcoming days!😉

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I just read my email. I am now also listed as Elite Plus.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Do you have the Crlebrity app? Log in and see what your status is. If you are D+ you will become Elite+. If not yet then it will happen soon.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Some Pinnacle friends were still grumbling.....they get the Zenith status but no access to Zenith Lounge/Michael's club and some other stuff. And likewise some Zenith people we know are grumbling that to get to Zenith you need 3000+ points compared to 700 to reach Pinnacle, and so on! Will be fun to read the boards in the upcoming days!😉

Some people will never be happy no matter what.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Do you have the Crlebrity app? Log in and see what your status is. If you are D+ you will become Elite+. If not yet then it will happen soon.

Many are posting it is correct on the app but not the website.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Wait till June 5 when it will be done. Then log out and log into both of your accounts. No need to sign up again.Your Celebrity Captain's Club points will not change, just the "status" will show. Same the other way around.

Not too different for us since we are Diamond Plus and Elite Plus before this, but very exciting for many cruisers who want to try out both the sister lines. Many people will be confused that the # of points will be same...no, points do not change, just status.

The way Celebrity awards points is totally different from Royal. Comparing 700 to 3000 is apples to oranges. The end point is the same, 100 7 day cruises.

Royal awards 1 poinr per day, X can award 30 points per day, the amount per day is a function of  your stateroom.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I just read my email. I am now also listed as Elite Plus.

Good for you. I am still a lowly Diamond/Elite. Trying hard to get to D+ but it’s going to take a while unless they offer another double points promotion which I doubt we will ever see again.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

The way Celebrity awards points is totally different from Royal. Comparing 700 to 3000 is apples to oranges. The end point is the same, 100 7 day cruises.

Royal awards 1 poinr per day, X can award 30 points per day, the amount per day is a function of  your stateroom.

Did I say otherwise?

Edited by Arzeena

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Good for you. I am still a lowly Diamond/Elite. Trying hard to get to D+ but it’s going to take a while unless they offer another double points promotion which I doubt we will ever see again.

I'm even lower on the Royal food chain, an Emerald which makes me a Celebrity Select, a status I have to share with Platinum,which is even lower than Emerald. I mean, those people are barely  cruisers.😄 😉😇

Joking, of course.

• Haha 10

8 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

The last statement of your post talked about it.

I do not think so! My last statement was that it will be fun to read the boards in the upcoming days!😉 .....And that is all.

Enjoy reading!

Edited by Arzeena

I watched "Baby Reindeer" on Netflix the other night. Only 7 episodes, most of them around 30-35 minutes each. How can a show be riveting and hard to watch at the same time?  As uncomfortable as it is, I found myself having the watch the next episode immediately.

Very dark & disturbing show that is a must watch. As is Jerry Seinfeld "Unfrosted", a light hearted, totally fictional comedy about 2 rival cereal companies race to invent the pop-tart. I needed to watch it after "Baby Reindeer" to clear the mind so I wouldn't have nightmares. A lot of cameo appearances from other stand-up comics. Very enjoyable, simple comedy.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Many are posting it is correct on the app but not the website.

Just installed the Celebrity App on my phone and you are both right it is correctly Elite Plus on the app.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I watched "Baby Reindeer" on Netflix the other night. Only 7 episodes, most of them around 30-35 minutes each. How can a show be riveting and hard to watch at the same time?  As uncomfortable as it is, I found myself having the watch the next episode immediately.

Very dark & disturbing show that is a must watch. As is Jerry Seinfeld "Unfrosted", a light hearted, totally fictional comedy about 2 rival cereal companies race to invent the pop-tart. I needed to watch it after "Baby Reindeer" to clear the mind so I wouldn't have nightmares. A lot of cameo appearances from other stand-up comics. Very enjoyable, simple comedy.

Totally agree we did the same thing. Baby Reindeers was like watching a 50 car pileup. We watched Unfrosted right after we binged BR. Needed a break.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Rather than clutter the World Cruise thread, I thought I'd post this here instead.  The World Cruise just had to skip a stop at Luderitz, Namibia due to fog.  Someone who had been there before mentioned that there's an old mining ghost town near there.  Naturally, I had to fire up Google Maps and find it.  Anyone else have that weird problem of finding things on Google Maps?  Anyway, it's called Kolmanskop (or Kolmanskuppe).  It was a diamond mining town that quickly formed in 1908 when diamonds were discovered and was abandoned in 1956.  The reason that I mention it here is because the pictures on the website look a lot like some of the scenes from the TV series Fallout that I recently watched.  Here are a couple of examples:

323789448_680963567107643_4254443664996338427_n.thumb.jpg.8add5ab18e1f3c7ae2c80c5027f6f093.jpg

LegendsofAfricaP04A0756-1.thumb.jpg.bba53dc6a362819b634808483156c337.jpg

Sure enough, a little research tells me that many of the wasteland scenes from Shady Sands were filmed at Kolmanskop.   Looks like an interesting place to visit.

That's cool. Those are definitely the scene buildings from FALLOUT. We enjoyed the series. It was very different. It has already been renewed for another season, at some point. 

• Like 1

Good evening.

We had a pleasant day today.

Those new loyalty rates look interesting for trying Celebrity.

We called at Newcastle cruise terminal which is only 15 miles from home and saw HAL Nieuw Statendam.

I hope everyone on here is safe and in good health and y'all have a great day.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2