Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Oh my!  I love pierogies.  Kinda like a ravioli but bigger with cheesy mashed potato filling.  There’s tons of different fillings people do.  I stick to the tried and true potato/cheese.  Sautéed with onions or boiled with butter are typical preparations.

My heritage is Polish and I grew up with pierogies.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I need to find a restaurant that serves them. Sounds awesome.

My cousin who lives in your area whom I mentioned to you once is 100% Polish and I am sure that there are Polish cuisine restaurants in your area.

Amber,my cousin is the medical doctor who has a TV show.Her parents relocated to Fla after her father retired

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

That roller-coaster looks like it was designed by Picasso. 😃

Old wooden coasters are the best. The creaky, clickety clack sounds, safety bar thats not quite tight enough & splintered wood gives the impression it's going to collapse at any time. Far scarier than any of the modern steel coasters with upside-down loops.

One of the largest and oldest wooden roller coasters still around is in Quebec ,CA I took my kids there about 40 years ago.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I sometimes eat my pierogies with Heinz Ketchup 🤷🏻‍♂️  🙄

I know a few people who use ketchup like I use tomato sauce.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I know a few people who use ketchup like I use tomato sauce.

I love a good Alfredo sauce. I wonder how they would be with that?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

There is a great steakhouse in Branson I highly recommend. It’s called level 2 Steakhouse in the Hilton convention center. I had best seared ahi tuna appetizer I had ever eaten there. Also you are presented with a box of custom crafted steak knives for you to choose for cutting. Very classy place.

I second that one...  It's fantastic.  DW and went there on one of our trips to Branson and at @xpcdoojk's recommendation we tried it.  It is well worth the price.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

That roller-coaster looks like it was designed by Picasso. 😃

Old wooden coasters are the best. The creaky, clickety clack sounds, safety bar thats not quite tight enough & splintered wood gives the impression it's going to collapse at any time. Far scarier than any of the modern steel coasters with upside-down loops.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

One of the largest and oldest wooden roller coasters still around is in Quebec ,CA I took my kids there about 40 years ago.

This is the roller coaster I grew up on.  It seemed a rickety old thing that was sure to collapse at any moment.  I'm sure it was safe but you always felt like you were going to flying out with just that one single bar clamped down across your lap.  I don't know how old that one in Quebec is but this one was built in 1958

https://www.pne.ca/rides/wooden-roller-coaster/

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think they would be very good.

Yeah I am a sucker for a good Alfredo. I even get it as my pizza sauce over tomato sauce. The acidity in tomatoes gets to my stomach sometimes.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Birthday to your son, April!!🎈+

@h20skibum  Mark, your Californian grandson is so grown up 😁 wishing y’all a fun fourth summer 🛼🏂⛹️♀️🥊🤼🏸

+1 @akcruz

Edited by dani negreanu
tagged the “wrong” April 🥲
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love love Pierogies.    My Nana and Mom made them all the time.   I'll have to make them soon. 

My childhood in Romania included them filled with mashed potatoes, served with a copious side of fried onions….

• Like 18

25 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My childhood in Romania included them filled with mashed potatoes, served with a copious side of fried onions….

Dani, I am happy to see your posts.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Yeah I am a sucker for a good Alfredo. I even get it as my pizza sauce over tomato sauce. The acidity in tomatoes gets to my stomach sometimes.

When I'm at a buffet pasta station that has a choice of red sauce or Alredo sauce, I'll often mix the 2.  Best of both worlds. 🙂

• Like 6

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

When I'm at a buffet pasta station that has a choice of red sauce or Alredo sauce, I'll often mix the 2.  Best of both worlds. 🙂

Interesting I should try that.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Remember, lycopene from cooked tomatoes are a good antioxidant and may be beneficial to prostate health.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I don’t like roller coasters anymore but DH will still do them.  Our 45th is Sunday and we’re going back to Branson to celebrate.  It has completely changed since our honeymoon there.  We usually take some grands with us but this time we’ll be on our own.  It’s supposed to be in the high 90’s so I’m pretty sure we’ll find a wet ride to cool down on. There’s also a cave that might sound good for an afternoon. 

Happy 45th🍾

• Like 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Remember, lycopene from cooked tomatoes are a good antioxidant and may be beneficial to prostate health.

Thanks OB! I learned something new today. What about raw tomatoes? I love a good BLT sandwich.

• Like 1

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Thanks OB! I learned something new today. What about raw tomatoes? I love a good BLT sandwich.

Booth are good sources but more lycopene is available from cooked tomato than from raw. Lycopene is what gives tomato its red color. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If that was totally true I would not have gotten prostate cancer 😁😁😁😁,  I love my red sauce , pizza again tonight, last night went to favorite restaurant to listen to music, had a nice bottle of Napa Cabernet, lobster tails, normally don’t order desert but had bananas foster . 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, George C said:

If that was totally true I would not have gotten prostate cancer 😁😁😁😁,  I love my red sauce , pizza again tonight, last night went to favorite restaurant to listen to music, had a nice bottle of Napa Cabernet, lobster tails, normally don’t order desert but had bananas foster . 

Yeah, I here you. Like I said, its beneficial to prostate health but not totally protective.

Sometimes I eat a few spoonfuls on tomato sauce with nothing else. That is how much I like it!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@h20skibum  Mark, your Californian grandson is so grown up 😁 wishing y’all a fun fourth summer 🛼🏂⛹️♀️🥊🤼🏸

+1  He is so very handsome, and grown-up looking,  Mark, with his beautiful dark hair!  You and Susan sure have an enormous amount of such fun-filled events with all of your beautiful grandchildren!!  

It's got to be so hard who to pick to be your surrogate grandchildren, with Bob @bobmacliberty and Arzeena @Arzeena, vying for spots, along with so many others of us...😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2