Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I LOVE this chicken! 😁 but not her namesake......sorry OB.

Are you making this for sale or just reporting a trend at the shop? I really like the chicken.

@Keksie

OMG, you were not joking, I found them online! And the names they have are hilarious! Hennifer Lopez! Chicki Minhaj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤣
🤣

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I LOVE this chicken! 😁 but not her namesake......sorry OB.

Are you making this for sale or just reporting a trend at the shop? I really like the chicken.

She is not for sale.  There were 19 of us at the shop who decided to order kits and have a knit a long with them.  We got together last Sunday at a nice brewhouse to get started and help each other out with anything we didn't understand in the instructions.  Most of us don't normally make stuffed animals so it was a little confusing at times.  Tuesday I was at the shop and finished her except for the stuffing which I finished today.  I am the first one finished but I think several people are finishing today.  At some point we are going to have a big photo shoot with them all.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

@Keksie

OMG, you were not joking, I found them online! And the names they have are hilarious! Hennifer Lopez! Chicki Minhaj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤣
🤣

One lady is making Hennifer, several Barbbeak, a couple of Rastifarihens are being made which I can't wait to see.  There will several that are made from stash yarn too and some crochet hens.  It was the names that sold most of us on doing this.  LOL

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Keksie said:

One lady is making Hennifer, several Barbbeak, a couple of Rastifarihens are being made which I can't wait to see.  There will several that are made from stash yarn too and some crochet hens.  It was the names that sold most of us on doing this.  LOL

I am looking forward to seeing results of the photo shoot. I love the hens! So cute and so cuddly.

• Thanks 1

Exciting times her me for the ole Sea Dog. First yesterday was National Leon Day which marks the halfway mark to Christmas. By the way in case you are wondering, Leon is Noel spelled backwards.

IMG_4630.jpeg.54534450e960a50fdeaa803de3c7af14.jpeg

You might have heard (or not) that Kansas City will be the scene of a new Hallmark Christmas movie that is to begin shooting next month here. As you know I am not only a Christmas freak but I’ve seen every Hallmark Christmas movie ever made. Imagine my delight when Hallmark (local company that started here and is headquartered here) teamed up with the KC Chiefs and are going to make a movie called Hallmark presents: "Holiday Touchdown: A Chiefs Love Story.”

Even more exciting is that I filled out a form applying to be an extra in the film. I don’t know if they are interested in an old, balding geezer like me to be in it but we will see. I know what it’s like to be an extra, no pay, long hours of just standing around and no guarantees I will even be included in the edit. I am still excited nonetheless so fingers crossed I get a call.

• Like 24

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Even more exciting is that I filled out a form applying to be an extra in the film. I don’t know if they are interested in an old, balding geezer like me to be in it but we will see. I know what it’s like to be an extra, no pay, long hours of just standing around and no guarantees I will even be included in the edit. I am still excited nonetheless so fingers crossed I get a call.

Good luck to you if you get a call.

The closest I ever came was when they filmed “She’s Out of My League”. Part of it was filmed during a Pittsburgh Penguins hockey game we were at.  Everyone had to acknowledge that they may be filmed and appear as part of the crowd.  No pay for any of the crowd, though.

I have watched the scenes a few times to see if I could pick us out, but could not.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

You might have heard (or not) that Kansas City will be the scene of a new Hallmark Christmas movie that is to begin shooting next month here. As you know I am not only a Christmas freak but I’ve seen every Hallmark Christmas movie ever made. Imagine my delight when Hallmark (local company that started here and is headquartered here) teamed up with the KC Chiefs and are going to make a movie called Hallmark presents: "Holiday Touchdown: A Chiefs Love Story.”

How exciting!! I hope you get to do it!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Exciting times her me for the ole Sea Dog. First yesterday was National Leon Day which marks the halfway mark to Christmas. By the way in case you are wondering, Leon is Noel spelled backwards.

Good luck , hope you make it

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Fingers crossed for you.  It would be so perfect if you could be in it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, clochette said:

I love your cushions where did you find them?  I need new one for my chairs but only find very skinny one,   and Lucy showcases them very well

We got them through the manufacture of our loungers, through the local business we bought them from about 10 years ago.  The old cushions started to break down and we were able to order new ones. They are specific for our loungers. 

Lucy does make a great “lounge” model. 

The fabric is from Sunbrella.  Maybe there is someone local to you that sells Sunbrella products that can work for you. 

https://www.sunbrella.com/browse-fabrics/fabrics-by-use/all-fabrics

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Keksie said:

The newest trend in knitting is Emotional Support Chickens.  Several people at the shop decided to order kits which are based on celebrities.  LOL

I present Tailfeather Swift

Love your chicken. I followed an ESC fb group for a while.  These chickens are a really big deal!  I thought about making the crochet version but ‘chickened’ out. 😀

• Haha 10

13 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thank you!!

Haha, he would LOVE to be on that giant balcony again. If he could find a way to stowaway on your sailing, I'm sure he would! 😄 He's a couple of years older now and a whole lot taller...

When I saw the photo, I was going to say I bet Andrew’s legs would reach the end of the lounger now….

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Arzeena said:

You would be surprised OB. IMHO, Curacao has the best beaches...... Playa Puerto Marie being one of those. 40 minutes from the port, but if you want clear blue waters, good snorkeling, and to just peace out, I highly recommend it. Go early in the morning for real peace. Estate gates open at 9 am.

There are lots of other beaches too, but I mention this because this is one of my favorite. I haven't found one that beats it, IMO.

If one likes beachy vibes, boom boom music, people watching, and such, venture to the Mambo beach side area.
There is also Blue Bay for a little bit peace and little bit vacation vibe.
Lots of AI's or pay as you go resort passes also. Marriott, Avila, Santa Barbara, Hilton (which is something else now)... all good. I liked the Avila a lot. I also like Santa Barbara, since it was something different.
I also like to walk around in town and explore.

I second Playa Porto Marie as being one of the best beaches in the Caribbean.  A cab cost about $50 each way so it’d be best if there were 4 to share the cost.  I’ve only been disappointed once there when it was an island holiday.  Everyone on the island seemed to be there and it was very crowded but this is not normal. There is a snorkel trail to follow and a platform to to swim to.  I think what makes this beach for me is not the beach but how beautiful the water is there.  The colors are breathtaking.  There’s also bathrooms, bar/beach restaurant. 

• Like 5

Good morning.

After a couple of humid temperatures at night I actually woke up and closed the window at 6am because it was a little cool.

Currently it is 59°F and sunny.

After our fantastic cruise on P&O Arvia June 9th - June 23rd I called at my local TA and booked another cruise on Arvia from Southampton next year and was pleasantly surprised at the OBC I got.

Royal prices are a bit prohibitive at the moment.

I hope everyone is safe and happy and y'all have an amazing day.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

You guys are really on a roll this morning.  Good joke on your knees sea dog. I love the Taylor swift chicken name. What a cute idea. 

Living here is like being on a cruise with things to do to choose from. The bridge players want to still play bridge July 4 at the vets center. My condo is having a july 4th cook out for $5 and bring a dessert or side. They are providing all beef hot dogs or sloppy joes.  I dont eat hot dogs unless burnt on a grill but ok with sloppy joes. Ladies at aerobics said it would be a good chance to meet other tenants here. It's a very large place. 3 towers.  I'm tower 3 and all are 8 stories. So even in the summer there are still plenty of residents. I'm torn between which to do. My bridge partner wants to play and I hate to say no, but might do the july 4th get together.

Today is water aerobics 9 to 10 but by the time I get back here and out of my bathing suit to get to bridge by 1130 ish my hair is still wet and I feel rushed. It does feel a lot like being on a cruise.

Food is still the shock, how much higher publix is than kroger was at home. Coffee and produce, a bag of salad. The difference is huge. They do a lot of buy 1 get 1 free and still higher than on sale at kroger.  Margarine 5.99. So still $3 at half price. I'm used to about 2.69. Publix whipped butter 2 for $6 on sale, only 8 oz. And coffee at publix. They have lost their minds. When I used to live in boca there was a fresh produce stand. I havent found anything like that yet though I saw laura went to one over in her area, middle of florida. So too far to drive regularly. I'd noticed John stopping to shop in his posts on his way driving back to top of the world, now I know why.

Still working on sunrise shots. I gotta remember not to turn on the living room light before I take pictures, the light reflects. Still lots of clouds but little rain right here. 

20240627_060917.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1