Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Greg I want to come. We are having a party here july 4th where I moved and it says bring my own drink and I assumed like a coke... but I guess a drink could be alcoholic when they say bring your own drink. I didnt think of that. 

I’ve been to many a BYOB parties. Most people who choose to drink alcohol either end up bringing beer or wine. I rarely see one bring in a mixed cocktail. That being said there are a lot of companies now making cocktails by the can. So basically anything goes now.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I agree. I'm sorry I was 5 minutes late in January when I booked it. Carnival excursions show reviews and they were good for the ostrich farm. I always wondered why rcl doesnt show reviews for their excursions. I actually googled the ostrich farm and agree the fee to get in and taxi, for just me would be better through rcl. Adventure I'm booked there april 2025, and excursions are slowly dropping but no ostrich farm yet. I did snag a 3 hour north and south tour of bonaire. It's the one I've never been to. Only half a dozen excursions have shown up so far, for all 3 islands. I'd like to feed a ostrich.  They peck your hand hard?

I wouldn' describe them as gentle birds when being fed but they also don't hurt either. They had you stand with your back to the birds and they would reach over your shoulder and eat from your hand. I think they did it this way in order to make a good photo op. The birds actually kind of tickle your neck as they reach across to get to the food. We had fun there.

• Like 10

Yesterday was a perfect day for boating, so we took our grandkids and daughter out. 

Enjoying water toys

IMG_1527.thumb.jpeg.a92a9a37ecc55c46bd2a339209d77c27.jpeg

We anchored just off an island the kids like to explore. Swim to shore.  The water temperature is 75°

IMG_1523.thumb.jpeg.26e4942e96a101ecbe02110a7b7cce5d.jpeg

They did find a couple nests on the island. 

IMG_1525.thumb.jpeg.ba7e534ea6b98eb18814fc705a132958.jpeg

I am pretty sure these are geese eggs. 

IMG_1524.thumb.jpeg.6f9edca389f7ad086076a0fc81d68a1c.jpeg

From the smiles, I would say they are happy. 

IMG_1529.thumb.jpeg.38a597bee6ee7cee6457ed4e1cf94623.jpeg

Then stopped at a boater friendly restaurant after our day out.  

IMG_1532.thumb.jpeg.726154b4417893dae43f152cbb71d831.jpeg

• Like 21

I have been reading stories here about the long TSA wait times at Pittsburgh airport.  Many people missing flights.   It is probably a combination of the airport construction project, understaffing, and start of the summer travel season.

IMG_7115.thumb.jpeg.083d8f0c2ea97456b3a01dcc1042351c.jpeg

Are any other airports seeing long wait times?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

We are having a party here july 4th where I moved and it says bring my own drink and I assumed like a coke... but I guess a drink could be alcoholic when they say bring your own drink. I didnt think of that. 

There will definitely be people drinking alcohol at those condo parties.  All those Tervis tumblers and Stanley cups that people have around the pool aren't just water or soda.  Make your drink of choice and bring it with you.  My Mom and her friends always have a gin and tonic or other cocktail with them when they go to the parties at their condo.  The $5 or $10 fee they charge for the party is typically for paper products and burgers/hot dogs or whatever they are cooking.  They sometimes cater the whole party and charge more instead of having people bring sides and desserts.  Just depends on who is organizing.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

@h20skibum If your granddaughter can pick blueberries wearing white shorts…I’m very impressed!!

PT yesterday was at 4.  I was given an ankle massage…very vigorous…to help reduce swelling and scar tissue.  Got home and my ankle where the largest incision is was really sore.  I tried to do my evening exercises but it really hurt so I stopped.  I wish I knew what pain is normal and you should push through…and what pain is telling you to stop.  I’ll ask at next PT.

Minnie slept curled up right next to me…and is now comforting me with a laying on of paws.  ❤️

IMG_6132.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

@h20skibum If your granddaughter can pick blueberries wearing white shorts…I’m very impressed!!

PT yesterday was at 4.  I was given an ankle massage…very vigorous…to help reduce swelling and scar tissue.  Got home and my ankle where the largest incision is was really sore.  I tried to do my evening exercises but it really hurt so I stopped.  I wish I knew what pain is normal and you should push through…and what pain is telling you to stop.  I’ll ask at next PT.

Minnie slept curled up right next to me…and is now comforting me with a laying on of paws.  ❤️

IMG_6132.jpeg

Minnie makes an adorable nurse.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

IMG_6132.jpeg

Minnie should be only one giving you a massage 😁

• Like 5

I went back to Ollie's this morning, still looking for a small grocery cart type thing. No cart but I went to town. I got 4 small stackable chairs. 3 scatter rugs they had in the bath mat section. Once I bought a bath mat with rubber backing and it disintegrated from moisture and ruined the floor below. So I had treated myself to expensive microfiber big and small 2 sides mats where I moved from. Like a lot of stuff, they didnt make it here. 

These chairs came in 3 colors, but I'd already bought one at target in grey. They showed them around a glass table. I want some little light weight tables where people can sit out on the balcony with a cup of coffee, not a huge glass table. They had some little humps for 19.99 I think are meant to be foot stools for the different chairs they had. These arent as nice as the folding chair from target, these stack but are ok comfortable. I sit out and read, didnt want lounge chairs, though I guess some here like them. I just wanted something for guests to walk out onto the balcony and sit if they wanted. 

Was t sure what I think of these bath mats. I didn't want rubber backing. To get to my shower you walk past the double vanity around a corner past the bath tub, then the shower, then the toilet at the end. I was thinking if I slip on these tiles in wet feet, I'll wish I'd put something there. I have tons of towels, but thought these looked better than towels like hotels and the cruise ships use. Gotta accept mine from dallas didnt make it here. Better than throwing towels on the floor to keep from slipping on the tile floors?

I got the middle chair from target, and 4 of these stackables from olllies just now, 2 pictured with the taller backed target chair that is actually comfortable for me, but I might have guests. I went nuts on their nuts. LOTS of macadamia nuts, some cashews and 1 bag of sunflower seeds. I've been adding sunflower seeds to my salads. We had Ollie's in dallas but none close enough I've ever shopped there. Now I need light tables to put drinks on, not huge glass tables. And yea it's a grey day outside. I'm afraid I'll slip and fall getting out of the shower. 

20240629_112058.jpg

20240629_112551.jpg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I have been reading stories here about the long TSA wait times at Pittsburgh airport.  Many people missing flights.   It is probably a combination of the airport construction project, understaffing, and start of the summer travel season.

IMG_7115.thumb.jpeg.083d8f0c2ea97456b3a01dcc1042351c.jpeg

Are any other airports seeing long wait times?

On Thursday, I received a message from Breeze Airways warning of long waits at Orlando Airport for our flight home yesterday.  They suggested arriving a minimum of 2 hours ahead or making an appointment with MCO Reserve for an assigned TSA time. It wasn’t available for our flight, I’m not sure if it’s based on your airline or departure time (8:15 pm for us) or what. So we made sure to arrive 2 hours prior to our flight and actually breezed (no pun intended) thru security in about 10 minutes.  

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

On Thursday, I received a message from Breeze Airways warning of long waits at Orlando Airport for our flight home yesterday.  They suggested arriving a minimum of 2 hours ahead or making an appointment with MCO Reserve for an assigned TSA time. It wasn’t available for our flight, I’m not sure if it’s based on your airline or departure time (8:15 pm for us) or what. So we made sure to arrive 2 hours prior to our flight and actually breezed (no pun intended) thru security in about 10 minutes.  

How did you like Breeze compared to Jet Blue or others you have flown to Orlando?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

IMG_6132.jpeg

That is so sweet!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@h20skibum we’re wrapping up our trip today, just hanging out by the pool waiting for our evening flight. Perfect time to share some pics and Wilderness Lodge info.  

Thanks for the photos of Wilderness Lodge.  I continue with my planning, and there are many things that will change on my spreadsheet between now and then.  The things we have locked down so far are only the evening dining reservations.  Once we can book rides, I will have to adjust my park visit times.

I plan to pencil in times and move the rides around once those can be booked.

DisneySchedule1.thumb.jpg.16e6a2393bffe68ef1478b9c070d5d48.jpg

Since we have the Disney Dining plan, I have tried to maximize the value for our dinners, quick service meals and snacks.  We get six credits of each, per person, and I like that I can pick an adult beverage at most of these places, and it is included with the credit.  Looks like we can book rides 7 days in advance of our stay, once they make the changes next month.

• Like 6

On 6/27/2024 at 11:49 AM, MJSailors said:

My DH and I recently spent four days in Vermont visiting friends who moved there from LI.

They live in Dorset,six miles from Manchester. It is a lovely area-quite peaceful.

We stayed at the Dorset inn, very charming. We visited the Vermont Country store for some retail therapy.

It was a pilgrimage of sorts for me as I have bought items from their catalogue-very interesting store with all kinds of goods and gadgets.

Our travel days were about seven hours and that is taking into account a ferry from LI to Connecticut, with a few stops at Mickey D’s.

It was worth the trip to spend time with our dear friends though.

Wishing all here on Dani’s thread a pleasant Thursday!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

IMG_0866.jpeg

IMG_0867.jpeg

IMG_0868.jpeg

IMG_0869.jpeg

IMG_0870.jpeg

We stayed there in 1999.A HS friend and her husband relocated from Brooklyn.

It was a beautiful area.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Thanks for the photos of Wilderness Lodge.  I continue with my planning, and there are many things that will change on my spreadsheet between now and then.  The things we have locked down so far are only the evening dining reservations.  Once we can book rides, I will have to adjust my park visit times.

I plan to pencil in times and move the rides around once those can be booked.

DisneySchedule1.thumb.jpg.16e6a2393bffe68ef1478b9c070d5d48.jpg

Since we have the Disney Dining plan, I have tried to maximize the value for our dinners, quick service meals and snacks.  We get six credits of each, per person, and I like that I can pick an adult beverage at most of these places, and it is included with the credit.  Looks like we can book rides 7 days in advance of our stay, once they make the changes next month.

No restroom breaks ? You and @harryfat1 should give a masterclass in vacation planning ! 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4