Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

@h20skibum You certainly have a lot packed into your Disney schedule!

I am wondering who will cave first-the kids or the adults.

Good to see you have some pool time scheduled too.

Hoping you and your family enjoy your vacation. IMHO-Disney is enjoyed best through the eyes of the grandchildren!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

oh, we will fit in more pool time.  My spreadsheet is just something to keep things organized at the minute, then fill in some blanks.

We could have lasted much longer than him last year at Universal. He has made a couple trips to Universal in California with his mom and dad since then, so he has built up some theme park stamina.

I think we will keep up. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, derorim said:

This morning we said goodbye to our sweet kitty Marcel.  He brought us happiness for 17 years, along with his buddy, the late great Miss Priss. It was sad to see him go, but he was not doing well and we did not want to see him suffer any more.  He was a big Maine Coon, 15 pounds until a couple of years ago.  He was very strong and a good jumper.  He followed us around the house and liked to lay on our laps.  He and Miss Priss are together again now.  

IMG_2863.thumb.JPG.300ddfedcab5836fa3a191e49842cb44.JPG

marceljump_NEW.thumb.jpg.0420faa80ab92b586abffbf348b878f0.jpg

IMG_8402.thumb.JPG.fcde09a8cf9c718890a00f02976eaed9.JPG

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  Marcel was beautiful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

@Momof3gurlz

Add me to the list as well. For my upcoming flight to MCO, I had a choice of JetBlue or Breeze as Delta & United were too expensive. I seriously considered Breeze which was a bit cheaper but  in the end, choose JetBlue. I used to be a big fan of JetBlue so for the extra $30 or $40, I decided to go with the known product.

Curiously, Southwest does not offer non-stop flights from the New York area to MCO.

Jet blue damaged my checked luggage and no one around to even make a claim to. Never flew them again. 

I'm booked on sw to hobby for oct cruises on harmony. No other choices from mco. They were also flying into IAH but didnt take delivery of planes as planned and cut IAH totally and dojb,ed us up. I'm a bit earlier but now non stop both directions, about $200 each way. Prices dropped a bit. I wanted to use the credit for early bird check in, but they said oh no have to pay with more real money not with the credit from prices dropping. Not thrilled with them either. Not a huge credit but $23 and cant use it toward early bird check in, have to book again new flight maybe to JS the credit I got when prices dropped a wee bit.

I'm now flying out of hobby home at 11:10 am but shouldn't be a problem a little earlier than before. I hate flying. Flying home from rome next may will be my next flight. Only way to do a TA is usually a one way long flight. Hoping to book within the next week. 

• Like 3

This morning we said goodbye to our sweet kitty Marcel.  He brought us happiness for 17 years, along with his buddy, the late great Miss Priss. It was sad to see him go, but he was not doing well and we did not want to see him suffer any more.  He was a big Maine Coon, 15 pounds until a couple of years ago.  He was very strong and a good jumper.  He followed us around the house and liked to lay on our laps.  He and Miss Priss are together again now.  

I'm so sorry to hear this. Pets dying still breaks your heart. They are like people, you still love them as much. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful baby Marcel.  😪

All the photos are lovely.  I love the 2nd photo with him in middle of his jump. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NHProud said:

No restroom breaks ? You and @harryfat1 should give a masterclass in vacation planning ! 

We 9.2 anal level people love to plan. 

@h20skibum Mark - In my previous experiences with WDW buses, they are not the most reliable sort. Sometimes you may see buses that go to other parks couple of times and not yours.  For example, you want to go to Animal Kingdom but you keep seeing Magic Kingdom buses instead. So leave extra time to get to wherever you need to go.

Speaking of anal planning, as luck have it, I'm here on vacation in NYC as this moment. Now at Day 4 of 9 days in NYC. Lost count of how many changes.

Here are few pics so far (can't get some of my portrait pictures to upload properly on the CC app so landscape pictures are all I can do for now

20240628_205453.thumb.jpg.08d05f06e927a3da3524561f6dfe16d2.jpg

20240628_180552.thumb.jpg.1c908a8db907ca4bbbddf27198db7e8d.jpg

20240628_203436.thumb.jpg.1d069ce50d6059d590f4a91e9e10d830.jpg

53634.thumb.jpeg.55495cd03a79f6387b8477a3c1d7b1e0.jpeg

20240629_133848.thumb.jpg.dfe53af513ca5c6052a75b84ee22b8f5.jpg

20240628_134452.thumb.jpg.4473743d28f1765243ecf2cc0ec028c9.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

@h20skibum Mark - In my previous experiences with WDW buses, they are not the most reliable sort. Sometimes you may see buses that go to other parks couple of times and not yours.  For example, you want to go to Animal Kingdom but you keep seeing Magic Kingdom buses instead. So leave extra time to get to wherever you need to go.

Speaking of anal planning, as luck have it, I'm here on vacation in NYC as this moment. Now at Day 4 of 9 days in NYC. Lost count of how many changes.

Here are few pics so far (can't get some of my portrait pictures to upload properly on the CC app so landscape pictures are all I can do for now

20240628_205453.thumb.jpg.08d05f06e927a3da3524561f6dfe16d2.jpg

20240628_180552.thumb.jpg.1c908a8db907ca4bbbddf27198db7e8d.jpg

20240628_203436.thumb.jpg.1d069ce50d6059d590f4a91e9e10d830.jpg

53634.thumb.jpeg.55495cd03a79f6387b8477a3c1d7b1e0.jpeg

20240629_133848.thumb.jpg.dfe53af513ca5c6052a75b84ee22b8f5.jpg

20240628_134452.thumb.jpg.4473743d28f1765243ecf2cc0ec028c9.jpg

I’m happy for you and your family that you made it to NYC.  I’m looking forward to seeing your photos .  Umm , you must be experiencing sticker shock visiting during a major holiday week  . I hope , you are visiting all the architectural sights on your wish list.

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 3

Popped in to tell the book lovers here that Eruption, written by James Patterson for Michael Crichton, is excellent!  James Patterson did a great job writing this book Michael Crichton had researched and planned when he passed.  Almost felt like I was reading Crichton (I miss him!)  I fully expect this to be made into a movie like Jurassic Park, and to be a huge hit if done right.   

Puts a whole new perspective on our cruise to HI this fall. 😍

IMG_7835.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

41 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

From what I have read, they are more frequent and reliable at Wilderness Lodge, where we are staying.  There are a couple other options to get to AK, but that seems the most direct.  We could take the boat and monorail to Epcot, but the bus seems quicker. 

we are ready to adjust if we need to. 

Enjoy you NY trip, and post some more photos when you can. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, derorim said:

Very sorry to hear this.  🥹  He is in a better place now 😇

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Thursday, our fun was picking blueberries.  

IMG_1510.thumb.jpeg.cc85cc3236823c80154df804f2f1a43b.jpeg

Enjoying an amusing tale, I’m sure. 

IMG_1511.thumb.jpeg.ec7568821ab4cf081001b7213f2b9875.jpeg

I love these pictures, Mark!  Your grandchildren look like best buds!💞What wonderful memories you are creating!!!!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, George C said:

Found a little lizard on bottom of my pool a couple of hours ago apparently he can’t swim . 

Happy 33rd Anniversary to you and Shelagh!!!!💖 Enjoy your celebratory dinner this evening!

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Tomorrow is my youngest daughters wedding anniversary .She and her husband will be married 12 years.Monday is the wedding anniversary of my oldest daughter and her husband . They will be married 27 years

We will be celebrating both anniversaries and my granddaughters birthday next Saturday.

Happy Anniversary wishes to both  of  your daughters and their spouses!!!💖

• Like 1

4 hours ago, derorim said:

Joy, I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved kitty Marcel.💔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Popped in to tell the book lovers here that Eruption, written by James Patterson for Michael Crichton, is excellent!  James Patterson did a great job writing this book Michael Crichton had researched and planned when he passed.  Almost felt like I was reading Crichton (I miss him!)  I fully expect this to be made into a movie like Jurassic Park, and to be a huge hit if done right.   

Puts a whole new perspective on our cruise to HI this fall. 😍

James Patterson was a guest on the Armchair Expert podcast a couple weeks ago. In part of the interview, he talked about taking up this project on request of Michael Crichton's widow. Interesting interview.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Happy 33rd wedding anniversary to you and Shelagh 🌺💐🥂

@George C From me too!

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Tomorrow is my youngest daughters wedding anniversary .She and her husband will be married 12 years.Monday is the wedding anniversary of my oldest daughter and her husband . They will be married 27 years

We will be celebrating both anniversaries and my granddaughters birthday next Saturday.

Toby and I have been dog sitting the past few days and our granddog Beukie will be here till Tuesday.In August he will be here for two weeks while his 2 legged family members will be on their first cruise in several years.

Congratulations of both anniversaries and your granddaughter's birthday.

7 hours ago, derorim said:

Joy, condolences on the loss of your beautiful Marcel.  I always enjoyed all the pictures you posted including these. What a regal fella!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Thanks for the photos of Wilderness Lodge.  I continue with my planning, and there are many things that will change on my spreadsheet between now and then.  The things we have locked down so far are only the evening dining reservations.  Once we can book rides, I will have to adjust my park visit times.

I plan to pencil in times and move the rides around once those can be booked.

DisneySchedule1.thumb.jpg.16e6a2393bffe68ef1478b9c070d5d48.jpg

Since we have the Disney Dining plan, I have tried to maximize the value for our dinners, quick service meals and snacks.  We get six credits of each, per person, and I like that I can pick an adult beverage at most of these places, and it is included with the credit.  Looks like we can book rides 7 days in advance of our stay, once they make the changes next month.

Before there were cell phones and spreadsheets I used to make laminated sheets plans for Disney.  It brings back good memories.  The kids still talk about moms laminated plans.  

I still print our itinerary for our cruises with just one line for the day.  I put it in a magnetic jacket and put it on the wall in our cabin.  This keeps DH from asking me all the time what are we doing, where are we tomorrow. When we are in a city like Amsterdam coming up, we have several tours booked.  For that I use a 3x5 card for each day to keep me organized.  Otherwise I’d never remember what tour when or where dinner reservations are. I should keep it all in my phone but I’m old school that way.

• Like 7