Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last night while posting about the new van, we were on our back deck hearing the fireworks start.  We quickly decided to ride down to the river and see what we could. 

Although we were not in our regular spot we had a good view for getting the last moment. Would of never happened without the van.

image.thumb.png.7bde5c595a26764f5db8ea7b92a48a91.png

Talk about inspiration.  That vertical long white light on the right of the photo, near the end, looks like an angel in a long white robe!

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I am as bad as the other Mark @SteelCityCruiser10.  I accidentally booked two more cruises today.   Now, it will be S2S2B2B (I think that is right.  One ship, moving to another for three more)

Susan says she can handle 29 days onboard.

😂  Hate it when that happens!  
They just book themselves sometimes!

• Haha 6

On 7/3/2024 at 1:04 PM, DaniDanielle said:

My father took us to all the touristy spots.  He made sure, we as New Yorkers, didn’t miss any.  Loved the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty.  I remember being amazed at 42st.!  I was a child!! 

I worked in every NYC borough and had the opportunity to go to all the touristy spots.

When I was in college in Manhattan I had a part time job in the Empire State Building .

• Like 4

On 7/3/2024 at 12:52 PM, BonTexasNY said:

Growing up in lower Manhattan, I was privileged to visit most NYC attractions.  I've visited most museums, top of the Empire State bldg., old Yankee Stadium, Statue of Liberty, South St. Seaport, Staten Island Ferry, Central Park, the Bronx Zoo and so many others. When I met Jack, who was visiting from Israel I became his tour guide.  

I watched the twin towers being built from my apt. building but never visited the actual site.  

I went to all of the above.Toby worked at 2 World Trade Center and at the time I was working on Maiden Lane so I went to meet her after work nearly every day.

• Like 3

On 7/4/2024 at 8:52 AM, harryfat1 said:

Having to evacuate via the staircases of these tall buildings wouldn't be fun.

They list one of the condos near central park at a mere $195M.

https://centralparktowerpenthouse.com/

In the 1970’s I worked in a Manhattan office building There was a fire one day on the 20th.floor .

People ran down the stairs literally stepping on other people.

• Like 2

It still feels like this is someone elses home or a hotel or a cruise ship. It's been a very long time since I did not live in a house. Tomorrow first saturday of the month my elevator says bingo tomorrow, first saturday of the month, bring a wrapped white elephant. Sunday is our party during dinner hours for Independence Day. The one working elevator takes so long I am sweating bringing a watermelon up here to bring to the party. I'm wondering how much I can carry down there now. I'm C and main club house is between A and B. I think tonight is a poker game.

I finally went and bought those humps I saw for sale. I saw a cruise ship which had them on the balcony between 2 chairs, so it's hard to decide if they are foot stools or ok for drinks. I got 2 to out between the chairs if guests want to sit out on the balcony. Wanted very light weight so I could bring them inside. All those balcony pictures I see, idk if they face the sun like I do, but would be so hard on balcony furniture. Idk we had a hot tub, saw it behind a fence when I did water aerobics last tuesday. 

Humps  .. here is a picture of one. My cousin says footstool but I saw one on a balcony of a cruise ship between 2 chairs. I went everywhere looking for small not glass tables to buy. Nothing.

20240704_105926.jpg

• Like 6

On 4/2/2020 at 10:41 AM, dani negreanu said:

Third week in lockdown.

So, instead of a port day in Zeebruge (on board of the brand new Celebrity Apex), I've cleaned the fridge....😁

Since we're "at risk", we didn't leave our appartment for groceries shopping -- young and gracious neighbors on the same floor are shopping for us once a week.

Kids/grandkids (in different cities) -- "Zooming" with them once a day.

Hopes that the lockdown will ease after Passover/Easter.

Fridge.jpg

Sorry to hear you are in lockdown. If you are in lockdown how do your younger neighbors get to shop. Is it a recommended kind of lockdown? That would sure get old. I'm out and about every day. I am sorry you are still going through this. Must feel endless.

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How's your garden doing?

Sort of like a Dickens garden.  The best of times, the worst of times.  About all of the regular size tomatoes did great at first but the plants are gone now.  Even at that over 200 were produced.   We were able to make lots of pizza sauce and roasted tomatoes. Last week we planted 29 new tomato plants.  Sharon said they already doubled in size.   Our growing season goes to almost the end of October so there is time for more.

The Sunrise Bumble Bee cherry tomatoes are doing great!  We have harvested over 800 and they are still going.   Friends/neighbors are loving them.  The cucumbers are good.   We have made refrigerator pickles with them.  Good!

The bags of basil are doing good.   We have made great pesto with it.   Have you ever had pesto pizza 🍕   We love it!

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Jane, that's the opening of "my" thread... more than 4 years ago ☹️

Lol well I'm glad you arent in lockdown after all.

It's this condo wifi. All the sudden it goes offline for a few seconds, then almost immediately restores. When it went offline it must have done that, I was just clicking the back button. 

Wifi comes with my HOA payment but it isnt steady, it will suddenly go offline just as I click to email, ..poof. I hope it doesnt get worse during high season. Its annoying. Sorry. It was nothing I did, my wifi turns on and off at odd times. Must have done that post. 

Anyone tech, if I moved the router would this stop going offline just suddenly and restores in seconds and keeps doing this. They put router in the farthest backroom. Dont know if it's that or just how it is and normal. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It still feels like this is someone elses home or a hotel or a cruise ship. It's been a very long time since I did not live in a house. Tomorrow first saturday of the month my elevator says bingo tomorrow, first saturday of the month, bring a wrapped white elephant. Sunday is our party during dinner hours for Independence Day. The one working elevator takes so long I am sweating bringing a watermelon up here to bring to the party. I'm wondering how much I can carry down there now. I'm C and main club house is between A and B. I think tonight is a poker game.

I finally went and bought those humps I saw for sale. I saw a cruise ship which had them on the balcony between 2 chairs, so it's hard to decide if they are foot stools or ok for drinks. I got 2 to out between the chairs if guests want to sit out on the balcony. Wanted very light weight so I could bring them inside. All those balcony pictures I see, idk if they face the sun like I do, but would be so hard on balcony furniture. Idk we had a hot tub, saw it behind a fence when I did water aerobics last tuesday. 

Humps  .. here is a picture of one. My cousin says footstool but I saw one on a balcony of a cruise ship between 2 chairs. I went everywhere looking for small not glass tables to buy. Nothing.

20240704_105926.jpg

I believe they are footstool. Probably whoever cleaned balcony on ship put it between chairs noy knowing it was foot stool.   

I'm sure you'll find what you want for your patio in near future, no rush.

Nice to have all these functions to go to and meet new people.    Enjoy!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sort of like a Dickens garden.  The best of times, the worst of times.  About all of the regular size tomatoes did great at first but the plants are gone now.  Even at that over 200 were produced.   We were able to make lots of pizza sauce and roasted tomatoes. Last week we planted 29 new tomato plants.  Sharon said they already doubled in size.   Our growing season goes to almost the end of October so there is time for more.

The Sunrise Bumble Bee cherry tomatoes are doing great!  We have harvested over 800 and they are still going.   Friends/neighbors are loving them.  The cucumbers are good.   We have made refrigerator pickles with them.  Good!

The bags of basil are doing good.   We have made great pesto with it.   Have you ever had pesto pizza 🍕   We love it!

I love pesto but have not tried pesto pizza.   

Wow!  800+ cheery tomatoes.   I pop them in my mouth like candy.   Yummy.

I'm anxious for my peppers to be ready.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love pesto but have not tried pesto pizza.   

Wow!  800+ cheery tomatoes.   I pop them in my mouth like candy.   Yummy.

I'm anxious for my peppers to be ready.  

Just sub the sauce with pesto.

I used to grow other varieties.  The Sunrise Bumble Bee is so good it's the only kind now!  We have not got a lot of peppers yet.  Still holding on.

• Like 3