Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Oh no, what does he not like?

It was during the info transfer process. Mike likes his and this is what he typed. He hasn’t transferred my info over yet. I’m waiting for a phone case to come in. Last time he transferred the info over when I didn’t have a new case yet, the phone was constantly slipping out of my fingers. At least it was always in my lap. My case comes in tomorrow.

OB, I like the camera, the memory, it’s faster and a clearer screen.  The transfer process was a little arduous, just because of the volume of data.  Mine had just at 100gb and the WiFi transfer estimated over 4 hours.  I connected the cable between the phones and it ended up less than an hour (I use the Samsung SmartSwitch app).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Thanks for asking mema. No, not really, and I have only been online for about half an hour a day. Mostly reading. This is really awful pain, but it is getting a little better everyday. The PT exercises hurt and walking with the walker is not really walking. It is slide bad leg and walker a little, use arms to move other leg forward. Very tiring. And it hurts. (much worse than hip replacements)

Thanks for asking though, I really appreciate it. I haven't posted because I didn't want to sound anymore whiney, than I already am. 😊

They didn’t give you any good pain pills?

50 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

It was during the info transfer process. Mike likes his and this is what he typed. He hasn’t transferred my info over yet. I’m waiting for a phone case to come in. Last time he transferred the info over when I didn’t have a new case yet, the phone was constantly slipping out of my fingers. At least it was always in my lap. My case comes in tomorrow.

OB, I like the camera, the memory, it’s faster and a clearer screen.  The transfer process was a little arduous, just because of the volume of data.  Mine had just at 100gb and the WiFi transfer estimated over 4 hours.  I connected the cable between the phones and it ended up less than an hour (I use the Samsung SmartSwitch app).

SmartSwitch works great. It even transferred my passwords to various WiFi systems that I connect to from my S8 to my S22. And connecting the phones with cables is so much faster than doing a wi fi or Bluetooth transfer.

I also backup my phone every couple of weeks to a portable Samsung solid state hard drive. Even if something wiped out my phone I could restore everything from the drive. Even with all the pictures and music on my phone the backup only takes 20-25 minutes.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I've forwarded the question to their World Cruise blog 😎

Thanks, Dani

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I believe Ken got that room for us.

Apologies to Ken!

Jack and I were never extras in a movie BUT, approximately 50 years ago, Jack's picture was on the front page of the NY Daily News, very close up.  No, he didn't kill anyone.  NY was experiencing a winter blizzard and the camera caught Jack walking thru the snow in mid-Manhattan.  I remember buying multiple copies of the paper but have no idea what happened to them.  A co-worker at the advertising agency I worked at, was able to get me a glossy 8 by 10 picture.  Jack's claim to fame is lost!

• Like 11

38 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

SmartSwitch works great. It even transferred my passwords to various WiFi systems that I connect to from my S8 to my S22. And connecting the phones with cables is so much faster than doing a wi fi or Bluetooth transfer.

I also backup my phone every couple of weeks to a portable Samsung solid state hard drive. Even if something wiped out my phone I could restore everything from the drive. Even with all the pictures and music on my phone the backup only takes 20-25 minutes.

Thanks for the info. Mike backs his up to his lap top, but I don’t. Guess I should do the same. 

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

What company was this with?

It was a Royal Caribbean excursion.  We couldn't find many private excursions with enough reviews to feel comfortable going private so pretty much stuck with ship's excursions.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

Thanks for asking mema. No, not really, and I have only been online for about half an hour a day. Mostly reading. This is really awful pain, but it is getting a little better everyday. The PT exercises hurt and walking with the walker is not really walking. It is slide bad leg and walker a little, use arms to move other leg forward. Very tiring. And it hurts. (much worse than hip replacements)

Thanks for asking though, I really appreciate it. I haven't posted because I didn't want to sound anymore whiney, than I already am. 😊

Whine away please.  It sounds like a very painful injury and hope you start to heal more quickly.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

Thank you for updating us. Many people here including myself have shared our burdens so feel free to continue to keep us updated, if you wish.

Hope the pain subsides soon & recovery is quick. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Been busy getting caught up around the house, since our return from Myrtle Beach.

Had an issue with our kitchen faucet, so I had to pick up a new one and install it.  

Rain today, so it was a movie day to see Despicable Me 4.   All the kids enjoyed it.  

So, we have our countdown going for the next major SOF4 trip.  

IMG_1892.thumb.png.68ed555f9e1b7113c6ec7d685b518ca3.png

I was disappointed to find that Royal will not be ready to pre book shows, at least through our cruise.  I have been checking every day, only to be greeted by this. 

IMG_1893.thumb.png.f4761fe0dde92e5bd6f0ff61e9216c99.pngYes, they say everyone will have to book onboard.  Glad we have the earliest boarding time. 

However, still some fun to be had before then. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Hang in there, it will get better with time, based solely on my friend’s experience with the same injury. 

• Like 5

53 years ago today, Jim and I exchanged our Wedding Vows.

52 years ago today, our 1st daughter surprised us by arriving on our 1st Anniversary.  According To my Dr, she wasn’t due until 4 weeks later.

this is a new phone.. I’m not sure if this picture loaded pIMG_1084.thumb.jpeg.a162d3e7d283b8a066a48b8a848a3e61.jpegroperly 

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Luckynana said:

52 years ago today, our 1st daughter surprised us by arriving on our 1st Anniversary.  According To my Dr, she wasn’t due until 4 weeks later.

this is a new phone.. I’m not sure if this picture loaded pIMG_1084.thumb.jpeg.a162d3e7d283b8a066a48b8a848a3e61.jpegroperly 

Oh yay!  It worked!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Happy 53rd Anniversary.  Wishing you many more.  

Great picture of you two. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Anniversary 🥂🎉💖

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

He has?  I missed it. 

image.jpeg.e0e154279cf47319449cfb7948d32633.jpeg

Ha Bonnie!  Yes, he promised his autograph on the Wonder thread!😊

22 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

On Amazon! I was glad I found out about that idea in enough time.

Bethany, the personalized lock is beautiful!  I'm guessing you've been to Curacao at least once before, since you knew about the locks on the bridge🥰

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The brother of one of my one time co-workers was sitting in front of his house in Staten Island.He was approached by a guy who was one of the Producers of a film called the Godfather.My co workers brother appeared in a scene in Godfather I.

The Bandleader for the band who played at our Wedding was in the band in the Wedding Scene of the Godfather.  Also, the owner of the Hofbrau on Staten Island, a restaurant and bar (and my hangout for several years) had a walk-on in the movie.  Much of the crew from the Godfather ate at the Hofbrau.

The Godfather's house in the movie is a home that my husband did some painting and  work on the roof for the owners.   Lots of connections....😉

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

The Bandleader for the band who played at our Wedding was in the band in the Wedding Scene of the Godfather.  Also, the owner of the Hofbrau on Staten Island, a restaurant and bar (and my hangout for several years) had a walk-on in the movie.  Much of the crew from the Godfather ate at the Hofbrau.

The Godfather's house in the movie is a home that my husband did some painting and  work on the roof for the owners.   Lots of connections....😉

When you mentioned the Hofbrau I thought we were now going to talk about Hogan's Heroes. I loved that show.

• Haha 6

26 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations. 🎉 

• Thanks 1