Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I've been off the thread for a bit.  Life has intruded on pleasure for a couple of months now but I'm all caught up now.

Happy birthday to @FromSea2ShiningSea Helen.  

There has been very big news in the Tree_skier household...  

I am going to be a great grand father...   That's right, at the ripe old age of 59 I will see the 4th generation of my lineage enter the world.

They said they were gong to wait but here we are...  Everyone is ecstatic.  I've started calling my daughter grandma. 🤣

74459605257__0659DC78-E720-4F15-8EE7-3CA847C575C7.jpeg

Congratulations to All🥂

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Computer crashed at the office today. And having a very hard time finding someone who knows much about a computer running the Unix operating system. I am stressed out of my mind.

That is no fun.  I hope you find someone soon.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’ve been trying to catch up, I’m so far behind. It’s almost 11:30pm in Amsterdam and we board the Jewel tomorrow. Ugh, can’t sleep!

Hope you and Mike have a great cruise.  Bon Voyage🥂

If you have a chance some photos would be nice.  I'm sure everyone will love you handbags😊

Edited by Sunshine3601

As expected, I got the OK to walk without the boot on Wednesday.  Hooray!  Waited until we got home to try it.  I don’t feel unbalanced without the boot…and there is no pain…I just feel like I’m doing something wrong.  I followed my doctor’s instructions to the letter…so I have not put any weight on my right leg unless the boot was on.  Now, when I start to stand up from the couch or get up from bed…a voice in my head says “Stop!!!  You can’t put weight on that leg!!!”  Even my subconscious is conscientious…

So I’m walking…albeit slowly and awkwardly.  But…no boot has meant a HUGE positive change!  I got my beautiful bathroom back!  Packed up the crutches, wheelchair, shower chair.  Now that I can stand up I could put my toiletries back in drawers or against the splash guard so my vanity doesn’t look cluttered and messy anymore.

BEST of all…I walked into my closet and…oh the possibilities!  I don’t have to wear elastic waist shorts anymore!  I can wear pants or capris…I even put on some jewelry.  I feel like my old self!

However…the new vet I took the girls to…told me they are overweight.  🙀  In particular, Minnie weighs almost 16 pounds and I’m told she should lose 4 pounds!!!  That’s a quarter of her total weight!!  I hate the thought of putting her on a diet.  (I know…I know…destructive love…)  I thought she was just a big cat.  

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

As expected, I got the OK to walk without the boot on Wednesday.  Hooray!  Waited until we got home to try it.  I don’t feel unbalanced without the boot…and there is no pain…I just feel like I’m doing something wrong.  I followed my doctor’s instructions to the letter…so I have not put any weight on my right leg unless the boot was on.  Now, when I start to stand up from the couch or get up from bed…a voice in my head says “Stop!!!  You can’t put weight on that leg!!!”  Even my subconscious is conscientious…

So I’m walking…albeit slowly and awkwardly.  But…no boot has meant a HUGE positive change!  I got my beautiful bathroom back!  Packed up the crutches, wheelchair, shower chair.  Now that I can stand up I could put my toiletries back in drawers or against the splash guard so my vanity doesn’t look cluttered and messy anymore.

BEST of all…I walked into my closet and…oh the possibilities!  I don’t have to wear elastic waist shorts anymore!  I can wear pants or capris…I even put on some jewelry.  I feel like my old self!

However…the new vet I took the girls to…told me they are overweight.  🙀  In particular, Minnie weighs almost 16 pounds and I’m told she should lose 4 pounds!!!  That’s a quarter of her total weight!!  I hate the thought of putting her on a diet.  (I know…I know…destructive love…)  I thought she was just a big cat.  

IMG_6197.mov

Excellent news!

I don't what is worse a cat or human diet😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent news!

I don't what is worse a cat or human diet😁

A cat diet is worse!  I know how to cook inventive low calorie meals for myself (if I have to 😜) but the only way I can think for cats to lose weight is just to feed them less…and they won’t understand…😢

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Congratulations on getting rid of the boot!  It seems like you were in it for quite a while.

That little lizard looks like it would be a tasty snack!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’ve had the boot on since May 24th…. 

Yes, where we used to live geckos sometimes got in the house…and Minnie was adept at dispatching them.  She and Diana haven’t quite grasped the concept of on the other side of the glass…

Edited by helen haywood
  • Haha 11

9 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Bon Voyage!

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Have a great cruise!  Looking forward to some pics!

I'll try to. 🤗

8 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Greg, hope you are better.

Renee, have a great time!

Thanks everyone.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

This was posted on the main board, but thought I'd post ot here. The l9cks are closed so they will be bussing us to another port. 

Screenshot_20240810_120024_Email.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Computer crashed at the office today. And having a very hard time finding someone who knows much about a computer running the Unix operating system. I am stressed out of my mind.

You need a cruise. 🥂

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hope you and Mike have a great cruise.  Bon Voyage🥂

If you have a chance some photos would be nice.  I'm sure everyone will love you handbags😊

Thanks, I'll try.

8 hours ago, helen haywood said:

IMG_6197.mov

So glad you are out of the boot. You must be very happy.

• Thanks 1

I understand Lenoard has been out of his routine since I left 10 days ago. Wandering the house & constantly speaking the language of his people (meowing). I think he misses me.

Hang on little buddy,  I'll be home in several days. Part 3 of my trip begins spending 3 days in Florida with friends.  

Resized_20240807_1135012.jpeg.180dd7d56594667e115583ffb8c98af1.jpeg

• Like 26

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I understand Lenoard has been out of his routine since I left 10 days ago. Wandering the house & constantly speaking the language of his people (meowing). I think he misses me.

Hang on little buddy,  I'll be home in several days. Part 3 of my trip begins spending 3 days in Florida with friends.  

Resized_20240807_1135012.jpeg.180dd7d56594667e115583ffb8c98af1.jpeg

Where in Florida will part 3 happen?

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

This was posted on the main board, but thought I'd post ot here. The l9cks are closed so they will be bussing us to another port. 

Screenshot_20240810_120024_Email.jpg

Bon Voyage, sorry to see a change in boarding but you will get there, enjoy!

• Like 1