Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I can relate to going through, and disposing of a lot of "stuff" after my mother passed away.  Fortunately, she had eliminated much after my dad passed, but there was still a lot.

One of the last things I am still sorting through, a year and a half later, is photographs.  Many of those they had from trips to Europe, or cruises that just had scenery went first.  Photos with them in get narrowed to the best of the bunch.

Historical family photos still get saved.  One project I have been working on for the past few months, is to prepare a family history book with ancestor photos and a narrative of each of their lives.  I started it because my early millennial son was interested in his roots.  It has been interesting pulling together the stories from old family and historical documents.

Anyone else ever done a family history project?  Any tips on how to enhance the photos more, before getting them published in a book?

I love old photographs like this and have quite a few that are in pretty good condition for how old they are.  There used to be a camera/photography shop around here that did photo retouching. I don’t know if these type of places are even around anymore with everything being online & digital nowadays, but might be somewhere to start?  
One of my main projects when I retired was to get our photos organized into albums & out of photo storage boxes. It’s been 8 years and still not done!  But it is a daunting & distracting task.  Mostly sorting & choosing the best ones ( which to keep out of 10 prints of the same thing LOL).  And that doesn’t even count all the ones from our phones that aren’t even printed yet.  
Best of luck with your project!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, singinalot said:

I thought it was Wednesday all day today 😩

When I retired last year, my kids bought me a digital display that shows the date and time in smaller  font and the day of the week in large letters. I look at it almost daily now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tuned into Toons on ME (Memorable Entertainment) Network to see the Ballads of Bugs, an hour of Bugs Bunny musical cartoons.  Only caught the last two, but one was the greatest cartoons of all time, "What's Opera, Doc?"  Tomorrow at 7 AM they are featuring the Bugs cartoons including Hollywood stars and then on Friday they will show the best of Bugs as voted by the fans.  Hopefully "What's Opera, Doc?" Will be included.  This is not to be missed, even if you don't like Wagnerian operas.  Our cable gets ME Network out of Delaware .

24 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Really?  The Avengers?  Captain America?  Iron Man?  Black Panther?  These are some of the highest grossing movies of all time.

Really. Maybe I need to get out of the hospital more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@A&L_Ont

Happy birthday to the "Qinco de Mayo" lad 🌷

He says thanks. He got to open a gift before breakfast, a signed puck by his favourite players. 

0D442E88-14F4-4E83-8C16-B30BF7264BD6.thumb.jpeg.965b72c2175514684d0eeb633876fe31.jpeg

Just dropped my mom at her eye check-up. She has her list of questions. 

7DBFE2CC-9C01-44E0-9179-1D7300A64B06.thumb.jpeg.8a035d2e291af895532602f63b9903e2.jpeg

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

He says thanks. He got to open a gift before breakfast, a signed puck by his favourite players. 

0D442E88-14F4-4E83-8C16-B30BF7264BD6.thumb.jpeg.965b72c2175514684d0eeb633876fe31.jpeg

7DBFE2CC-9C01-44E0-9179-1D7300A64B06.thumb.jpeg.8a035d2e291af895532602f63b9903e2.jpeg

Happy birthday!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sending Owen our Birthday wishes.

Good luck for your mam's eye check today.

• Like 1

It is currently 50°F and raining.

We called at the florist this morning and Pauline ordered flowers to be delivered to a lifelong friend of hers whose brother aged 62 died suddenly on Monday night of a heart attack while in hospital with a brain tumour.

We have been to a shopping outlet near Newcastle cruise terminal where we both had fish and chips then we  popped down to see the P&O ship Azura which we will be sailing on in the fall of 2022 from Tenerife.

IMG_20210505_134347.jpg

IMG_20210505_134453.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sending Owen our Birthday wishes.

Good luck for your mam's eye check today.

Graham, last evening on our PBS TV station Rick Steves, a travel guide, did a show on London. It was very good and really cool seeing places that I had been to in the city.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Graham, last evening on our PBS TV station Rick Steves, a travel guide, did a show on London. It was very good and really cool seeing places that I had been to in the city.

London is a lovely city and it's nice seeing places you recognise from your previous visits.

We live 250 miles from London but have been there several times.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

He got to open a gift before breakfast, a signed puck by his favourite players. 

Happy Owen Day!!!!!

52 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Good luck!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

@grapau27 Sorry to hear of the loss of a Pauline's friend's brother. That's so sad. I hope one day we can rid the world of cancer. Were you temped to jump on board the Azura?

Thanks.

Both my mam and Pauline's dad died of cancer.

The ships gangway is literally 20 feet from the fence and we would have loved to get on the ship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I love old photographs like this and have quite a few that are in pretty good condition for how old they are.  There used to be a camera/photography shop around here that did photo retouching. I don’t know if these type of places are even around anymore with everything being online & digital nowadays, but might be somewhere to start?  
One of my main projects when I retired was to get our photos organized into albums & out of photo storage boxes. It’s been 8 years and still not done!  But it is a daunting & distracting task.  Mostly sorting & choosing the best ones ( which to keep out of 10 prints of the same thing LOL).  And that doesn’t even count all the ones from our phones that aren’t even printed yet.  
Best of luck with your project!

Yep, I have that project as well. 

Should have made more progress by now😪

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

When I retired last year, my kids bought me a digital display that shows the date and time in smaller  font and the day of the week in large letters. I look at it almost daily now.

Laura's Day of the Week clock does not keep very good time.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Happy Birthday Owen, a very handsome teen.  Smart for your mom to have is list of questions for her doc. appointment.  Hope it goes well,. Have a fun celebration today.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline ordered flowers to be delivered to a lifelong friend of hers whose brother aged 62 died suddenly on Monday night of a heart attack while in hospital with a brain tumour.

So sorry for Pauline and her friend. Awful disease.

• Thanks 1

So on a completely other note on things I'm doing while we can not sail. I've mentioned watching cruise and other things related on tv such as "Below Deck," "Mighty Cruise Ships," "Black Sails," etc.... Now I've have found entertainment in watching a You Tube channel called "Sailing Doodles." It follows a guy who used to be a corporate jet pilot, who had a stroke and could not fly anymore so he sold everything, bought a sailboat and now lives onboard and travels the world with his two dogs. He picks up crew from time to time and it's really fun to watch. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkDwexrF43p_1QurfKFBCBA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You don't know the connection😉

Guess you will have to enlighten me.  😉 

Though in case you are going there (but naturally I have no idea most time which direction your mind goes 😉 )....Burdines the department store used to one of my favorite stores.  Was sad to see the chain close down.  

Edited by island lady

14 hours ago, davekathy said:

I had to look twice. Bucky wearing sneakers and long pants. 😁

Yeah, funny to see...but it is cool here in the morning.  Buck is a wimp when it comes to cold weather (anything under 80 😉 ).  Heading to the coast for week on Friday, will be much colder.   

His shoes are light hiking shoes actually, but comfy like sneakers.  Mine are big clunky Merrells.   😮 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1