Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 5/21/2021 at 11:48 PM, Coralc said:

.....I am just wearing the disposables now, since we are fully vaxxed. But what I find kind of surprising, like mema, is that we haven't had so much as a simple cold since January/February of 2020. :classic_biggrin:

I’m now wearing a thin fabric mask over the KN95 ones after also being vaccinated. I’ll take a cold any day of the year if it means ditching the mask. I’m ready to completely undress my face. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’m now wearing a thin fabric mask over the KN95 ones after also being vaccinated. I’ll take a cold any day of the year if it means ditching the mask. I’m ready to completely undress my face. 

Isn't that *hot* on your face? I think even the disposables are hot in the summer. Of course, it is whatever you are most comfortable wearing for your own safety. But we ditched the N95 masks after about 3 months (a little dizzy at the grocery store)  and went to cloth with a PM95 filter insert way back when. After June15, we will be mostly mask free. The Bay Area is about 73% vaccinated, plus all the recovered folks. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

On 5/22/2021 at 10:41 AM, George C said:

We have been lucky been going out for dinner and music a couple of times a week for about a year. Went to a Mexican restaurant yesterday with someone singing in both Spanish and English then went to a pub really close to our house that also had live music. Tonight it’s itilian in a restaurant we have been going for about 30 years have been there way over a thousand times and hopefully we will be sailing on the millennium in exactly 6 weeks. 

Is there a Mexican place still around called Huertas? Probably spelled wrong. It was definitely a hole in the wall, but people would stand outside in line for over an hour. It was that good and they only had a few tables inside. A very small place. I don’t remember exactly where it was in Dallas, but IIRC it was across from what we called the crazy hospital. 😀  They opened up another one and people said it was never as good as the original. A group of friends and I would go at least twice a month if not more. This was about 37 years ago.

On 5/22/2021 at 5:36 PM, DaniDanielle said:

Not to put a damper on things, but just found out one of my grand dogs has a tumor on his spine.  Prognosis not good.  He is such a sweet dog51A44FC3-4073-41B4-9CF0-5387E400776D.thumb.jpeg.7fe61b9524a12b49fbbb729790513013.jpeg

What a cutie. Sorry to hear this, it’s always so hard when they get sick and pass on. When our last cat passed we found out that some vets will come to your house to put them to sleep. I think it was so much more less stressful for Keiki. She was in the comfort of her home. 🐈 💕

On 5/23/2021 at 10:23 AM, helen haywood said:

Last May I adopted two cats from the shelter as I was so lonely thanks to covid.  The black and tan one I named Tenzing.  She absolutely loved Diana, the other cat in the picture.  They were always together.  Then one day in August I found her dead.  No idea of the cause.  Congenital heart failure?  She was a happy healthy young cat.  I was devastated.  I only had her for three months!  I wanted to shower with love and care for years and years...  Even in a short time our four pawed friends can make a heartfelt connection with us.

image.thumb.jpeg.af18e0f99a0ea5b6b63a41027de18427.jpeg

Sorry to hear this. It’s not any easier when having a pet for a short time. 

On 5/23/2021 at 8:37 PM, Jingerwoppy said:

Used to love going tubing there.

On 5/23/2021 at 8:28 PM, bobmacliberty said:

Phew. Our house is now under contract. We ended up with 16 offers and narrowed down to 4. All 4 wanted the house badly and kept upping their offer. Full appraisal gap coverage by the buyer and inspection is for info only (we don’t have to fix anything found by the inspection). Worked out very well for us. Closing on June 25. 

Congrats on the house. I’m still trying to catch up on the 22 pages I’m behind.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Moms appointment went well. Dr says she no longer needs to wear glasses. She left at noon for the cottage and got there safe and sound. 

We went from 90s days ago to just above freezing here. There is steam coming off the pool cover. Don’t think it’s showing in the photo. Mom said she saw snow on the ground along the drive. 

FBB09BCB-A64C-4A7A-A07C-DB78A0B4D319.thumb.jpeg.6859467369d20a1b0468c1d7ee0af550.jpeg

That's great news your mam no longer needs to wear glasses.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

It's complicated -- I need glasses for moving around, and glasses for computer, and glasses for reading the small letters in the newspaper...😢

My Varifocal glasses were brilliant giving excellent vision instantly in all situations.

Not all varifocal glasses are that good and I paid a big premium to get the best varifocal lenses.

Graham.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 1:40 PM, island lady said:

I was told the same thing by the Health dept. nurse, and the young paramedic who gave me my second shot.  

Plus...my sister tells me the same thing...SHE would know.  😉 

What does she say about someone with no side effects? I had zero for both of my Pfizer shots while Mike had zero for his first and felt a little achy after his second one.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

What does she say about someone with no side effects? I had zero for both of my Pfizer shots while Mike had zero for his first and felt a little achy after his second one.

Same. No side effects at all for either of us, with the Pfizer shots. I was optimistic, Bill was worried. And we both felt absolutely fine after both. :classic_biggrin: 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That's great news your mam no longer needs to wear glasses.

She was very pleased.  She might need to wear drug store glasses to read the small labels on the back of a pill bottle but that’s it. They will let her know in 3 months when she has her last appointment if anything has changed. 

10 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We're on the Vision Feb 14, just before you. 11 nights going down to the Canal. We were supposed to go last Feb but we all know those cruises swirled the toidy. Can't wait!

We've sailed her before and really like the size. We're not beach or pool people so we don't need all the fixings.

Take good care of Vision for us................and have a nice Valentines Day onboard!!!

We had a hankering for seafood last night.  When you're in the suburbs of Cincinnati, that pretty much means Bonefish Grill. I should have known that it wasn't going to be good when I saw that Butterfish was the special.  😱

IMG_7087.thumb.jpg.00aee3dc43c7c6bdf419dc5ff76fb0c3.jpg

I ordered the Ahi Tuna seared.  Way overcooked with much of it looking like what you'd get in a can of tuna fish. At least the bacon mac n cheese was good.  Micheline order a crusted cod and it was even more overcooked than my tuna.  Can't wait to get back to real seafood.  My plate after one bite.

1842600886_IMG_7088(2).thumb.jpg.43114dbe9182db780fd37c2c4377ce7c.jpg

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Congrats on the house. I’m still trying to catch up on the 22 pages I’m behind.

Thanks.  We had the inspection on Wednesday with no major issues.  We were not responsible for fixing any issues found in the inspection (part of the offer) but it felt good anyway that there was nothing significant.  One more step behind us.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Can't wait to get back to real seafood. 

My rule, I don’t eat sea food if I don’t see the sea.  Probably doesn’t matter, but it’s my rule. Just like all raisins are awful.  In fact any dried fruit. 

Shrimp and local fish excluded. Craisins on my goat cheese salad at Chops also excluded.    

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

My rule, I don’t eat sea food if I don’t see the sea.  Probably doesn’t matter, but it’s my rule. Just like all raisins are awful.  In fact any dried fruit. 

Shrimp and local fish excluded. Craisins on my goat cheese salad at Chops also excluded.    

Sounds like a good rule to me.  Have you ever tried dried dates?  Very tasty.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Ooooh.  Aaaah.  Looks like the stormtrooper's little, but much faster, brother.

I saw this car in the US Air Force Museum the other day and thought of you.

I like that description, the stormtrooper’s little brother. 

The exterior of that Mustang was nice, the interior I could do with out. Still pretty cool. 

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

Same. No side effects at all for either of us, with the Pfizer shots. I was optimistic, Bill was worried. And we both felt absolutely fine after both. :classic_biggrin: 

We both had pfizer and the only side effect I had was minor soreness at injection site.    Eric felt sluggish said it was like he had a hangover, fortunately we know how to deal with hangovers!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Haha 2

On 5/21/2021 at 11:48 PM, Coralc said:

I am just wearing the disposables now, since we are fully vaxxed. But what I find kind of surprising, like mema, is that we haven't had so much as a simple cold since January/February of 2020. :classic_biggrin:

Nothing wrong with a cold now and then to challenge your immune system and keep it beefed up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't read much into that. People get asymptomatic infections all the time. Your immune system responds to the pathogen and eradicates it and you never new that anything was happening.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Unknown.  We are all assuming that all the vaccines are effective...but you know for sure it is in your system when you have the side effects.  This is all so new, the Covid itself, the vaccine, the side effects, how long it will last (will we need a booster).  Simply not common like the flu and the flu shots we have been getting annually for years.   

The clinic she owns has been selected to do continuing studies on volunteers that have had the virus, side effects, etc.   

• Like 1