Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@dani negreanu  Looks good.  What is that sprinkled on them.  It looks like my brisket mix.

I do something similar with yellow squash.  Slice and place on a pam sprayed sheet pan.  Sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper and a spoonful of parmesan cheese.  Bake at 425 for 20 min.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

That, for me, is really heart breaking.

I absolutely agree.

I have said on a number of threads and to family and friends that I have had covid19 and it was awful and implore people to have the vaccine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Yup, into a brave new world.  😬   But don't want to go the next 8 weeks that we have left up here as "Shaggy Island Lady".  😉   At least I trim my own bangs...or I would start barking.  Woof!! 

At the height of our lockdown last year my hair looked like a skunk's fur.  It was ok because most of my friends sported the same hairdo. 🦨  I had to beg for an appointment they were so backed up. 

My hairdresser taught me how to cut bangs.  Instead of snipping across, I pinch all the bangs  together at the bottom with my thumb and forefinger and snip off the ends.  That way it allows the end bangs on both sides to be slightly longer than the middle.   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have had covid19 and it was awful

You know, Graham, me being quite glued to the news [you absolutely HAVE to be in our "special" country], mainly following [now] the Covid situation.

It seems that those who have been sick have a much better immunization against Covid that the one provided by the vaccine. Nevertheless, the PM held a press conference this evening and urged every one to get vaccinated.

We have enough of them for all the population, but people are complacent.

A batch of 700.000 vaccines bound to expire we managed to swap with South Korea, so, at least here, nothing was wasted.

But it's a pity to throw even one dose !!!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Glad to hear you have a good Wife taking good care of you (make sure to listen to her 😇).    Sounds like you are on the mend and will probably feel even better tomorrow.     Take it easy today, relax and binge on cruisecritic or a good book.

Also happy to hear your Grandson is doing good.     Too cute to hear Little Sis said "No"    like she's going no matter what.

She is a true blessing!  Right after my last post post and as I was headed for a nap 😴 A close friend who’s BIL  caught covid real bad early texted my wife to check on me.  My wife started reading…. Make sure he drinks plenty of water.  The biggest thing he regrets is not drinking plenty of water.  He needs to drink plenty of water!  😂  
Not all the way back but felling better and better.

• Like 4

Amazing when you find those really...really big Sharks teeth.  Those sharks from the ancient world would scare the crap out of anyone!  😄 

The ones we were finding were small. When we were finding so many I thought, there must be several shark here. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, George C said:

I understand we have friends and family that still do not go to restaurants etc, looking forward to Denver they have a great Jewish deli with fantastic pastrami that we visit every trip, they have a sign on there front door you are now leaving Denver and entering New York, since we will skip New York at least we get get a great meal. 

We go to restaurants and want to get to Cindi's deli soon.  3 locations, Dallas, Richardson and Carrollton on Midway.  I call it "almost" NY deli.

That Denver deli sounds wonderful.  Pastrami is my favorite!!

I'm going to get my NY/NJ deli, pizza, bagels, diner, chinese food fix when we get to NJ beginning of August. 

Our NY friends told us they will only visit us in NJ if we sit outside.  They won't come into my daughter's house.  Everyone is double vaxxed and my daughter and son in law will be at work anyway.  No bathroom visits!  They only go to restaurants if they can eat outside so that would be a better option. Everyone has their own comfort zone.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

One last picture of “ the dress”.

Wow. 

5 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Next up our escape to Walt Disney World in August. 

Enjoy your time with the mouse. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

2 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

One last picture of “ the dress”.

So beautiful. In this picture it can be seen in all its glory.

I remember you telling us that Rick was "a bit uncomfortable" with the dress' cost....

I'm sure he's now convinced that it was worth every penny 😁

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The one in the mall has the same color lettering as the one on the ships.

Or it may just be a coincidence.George C and I grew up in Brooklyn .People tell me that there was a Sorrentos in my part of Brooklyn in the 40’s and 50’s.I was never there nor do I recall where it was located.It is possible that it may just be a name that draws in customers.

Lenny - Your post had me wondering, so I searched for Sorrento's Pizza.  One did pop up in the Bronx (Williamsbridge Rd) that has similar coloring but a different font.  Concidentally (??), there's a Portofino Cafe right next door.  There's also a Sorrento's Pizza in Lakeland, FL that is family owned and operated (i.e. not a chain), and a few others scattered around the country (and Mexico!).  And Royal's website says something about spending years perfecting their recipe, which makes me believe that what Ocean Boy said is true...Royal's Sorrento's is not related to other Sorrento's.  I'd guess it's just a common enough Italian name to be used by several restaurants.

My opinion of Sorrento's pizza on the ship??...Like most things Royal, it varies from ship to ship.  I've had some that's good, and some that tastes like tomato sauce on cardboard.  I'm always happy to eat it late at night though.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

It seems when one variant is on the decline another one will pops up?

I'm no expert, but I've heard that all viruses mutate to some extent or another.  Many very contagious viruses will mutate to a variant that ends up being less contagious, and the virus will stop spreading.  Maybe we'll get lucky and the Lambda variant will be less contagious.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I do something similar with yellow squash.  Slice and place on a pam sprayed sheet pan.  Sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper and a spoonful of parmesan cheese.  Bake at 425 for 20 min.

Whoa! Sounds delicious!

• Like 1

EVO....only oil I ever use.  🙂   

Is there any other type of oil? 😊 A while ago I found a spice website called spices inc.  Besides regular spice they sell specialty mixes.  Probably my favorite is called Tuscany Bread Dipping Seasoning.  Sprinkle that in the EVO and then dip the baguette.  So good.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

One last picture of “ the dress”. Next up our escape to Walt Disney World in August. 

Stay safe. 

8CF2EDAC-0CE3-4094-AF5B-EBC715C686B9.jpeg

That is one beautiful dress.  Guessing it took several brides maids to properly spread it out.  My daughters like to watch Say Yes To The Dress.  As the father who would be paying for their dress when they get married, that show has me greatly worried.  💲💲😲

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm no expert, but I've heard that all viruses mutate to some extent or another.  Many very contagious viruses will mutate to a variant that ends up being less contagious, and the virus will stop spreading.  Maybe we'll get lucky and the Lambda variant will be less contagious.  

Not a moment too soon.... I've got the drift, thank you Covid.

Don't let the door hit u on your way out. MOVE !!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Glad to hear you're feeling better.  Good luck with your treatment!  How is your grandchild feeling?

Just checked with my daughter and she said my grandson is doing fine.  He coughs some about every two hours. Thanks 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you all for your kind words and good wishes for our 50th Anniversary.  We keep asking ourselves where the time has gone?  Then we look at our daughters and grandchildren, and feel so blessed to have made it this far.

Thank you, Sunshine, Debbie , DaniDanielle, Marietta,  ReneeFLL, Renee,  Grapau27 Graham, lenquixote66, Lenny,  dani negreane, dani,  A&L_Ont. Andrew,  BonTexasNY Bonnie,  and  jagsfan and any that I missed since I hadn't read all of the pages.   I so appreciate being a part of your wonderful group.  Thank you for taking me along!!

Thank you for joining all of us sharing everything and anything.    

To think this all started with @dani negreanucleaning out her fridge 🙂    

Wonderful thread for All of us!🥰

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

that is exactly what I do with yellow squash and zucchini.    I tried with eggplant once and didn't like it. 

• Like 1