Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

That would be an emotional one for me.  I felt choked up at the Kennedy Exhibition at Dealey Plaza in Dallas where Kennedy was shot.  Very chilling experience to stand at the window "supposedly" where Oswald stood and took aim.  There is a big black X on the road that marks the exact spot where his car was when he was shot.  When I was there last, approx. 10 years ago, there were people on the grassy knoll handing out pamphlets about "the conspiracy". After all this time!

We always take new guests staying with us to six floor museum, again very chilling spot supposedly where Oswald fired the bullet , we have a friend who played in Jack Ruby’s night club. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

The bride's mum and I were invited to the first night of the hen weekend last night.  A wonderful covid friendly weekend planned by her amazing hens. In the garden they erected a beautiful igloo for dinner with a pretty sleeping tent. They also had a covered hot tub with a big screen to watch love Island in the wee hours . Today they have a life drawing class (male) and a gin experience, all in the garden . Perfect and beautifully decorated.

20210730_180358.jpg

20210730_180353.jpg

20210730_181321.jpg

20210730_180506.jpg

What a charming idea!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You responded to a post about predential homes not libraries. That is my point of reference... hardly devoid of politics.

I never discuss politics on public boards .Not every POTUS has a library open to the public but most do have a historical site,not all.

In my opinion discussing a library or a historical site is not a political discussion.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I will look into that.  We were so young then!  My daughter is a Manager for Regal Cinema, I will see what she knows.

I was relatively young in 1982 but I consider young from birth to 20’s.

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never discuss politics on public boards .Not every POTUS has a library open to the public but most do have a historical site,not all.

In my opinion discussing a library or a historical site is not a political discussion.

Whatever. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

The bride's mum and I were invited to the first night of the hen weekend last night.  A wonderful covid friendly weekend planned by her amazing hens. In the garden they erected a beautiful igloo for dinner with a pretty sleeping tent. They also had a covered hot tub with a big screen to watch love Island in the wee hours . Today they have a life drawing class (male) and a gin experience, all in the garden . Perfect and beautifully decorated.

20210730_180358.jpg

20210730_180353.jpg

20210730_181321.jpg

20210730_180506.jpg

Fabulous idea!  Looks like fun weekend for everyone.  Beautiful bride to be.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Actually, OB, it's "because" of you that I "ranted" about me not being proficient in 4 languages....

I tried to explain to Maryann (aka @Luckynana) how to "multi-quote", and struggled to find the "right" word for "pressing the + 'button' " .... I ended up with "push" 😟

Then, a few seconds later you "came in" with "tap".... and I said to myself "Eureka, that's the right word" !!!

Now, since you "asked" 😉 for it, a short lesson in Hebrew writing and language.

1) Different "numbers" according to gender. Three girls/three boys? Not here ...

So you have to stop a millisecond and think -- is "way" female/or male??

2) Accordingly, words that have the "feel" of female, turn out to be "male" in plural...

3) Practically, no vowels in writing. Vowels are represented by dots/lines under/on/upon letters. When you learn the language, you get the dots. Afterwards, books/newspapers are all without "dots", which lends to "scratching your head" as to what the meaning is...

An example -- a title in a newspaper a long time ago announced that our [late assassinated PM], Yitzhak Rabin is in Bonn.

רבין בבון

רבין בבון

AA.jpg

Without the dots, easily interpreted as Rabin is [a] baboon....

4) Last example -- DH's name (A), DS1 (I) and DS2 (E), all are written in Hebrew with the same 1st letter (א). The only difference is the dot/line under the letter.

A.jpg

A short video of DH trying to teach our oldest grandson (almost 5) to write his name....איתי

This brings back so many memories of my kids in Hebrew school.

• Thanks 1

Update on can opener tenant lady, she was due to leave by 11 am. 

By friend that lives on the island and cleans in between renters texted me at 1130 to say she was there but the family hadn't left yet.

I called the woman, no answer.  I texted her reminder she needs to leave today and was to be out by 11 am.  She texted back saying she was waiting for her husband and teenage boys to return from beach.  I nicely said she needs to pack up and let cleaning person in for next renter.  I lied and said they will be there at 1 pm.  

My friend waiting in her car said the husband showed up around noon and started loading the car.  They are out!!!

My friend said place was mostly clean except for sink full of dishes, etc.  Guess she didnt have time to load dishwasher.   And missing one beach badge.  I leave 4 badges for my guests as they each cost $70 or $75 for the season.

I texted lady to see if someone was still wearing their badge.  She said nope they are all there and maybe my cleaning lady is lying.

Shes done!!  I will deduct from her security deposit!! 

I usually dont collect security deposits since majority of our renters are repeat clients but since I didnt know this person I did.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Now, since you "asked" 😉 

1) Different "numbers" according to gender. Three girls/three boys? Not here ...

2) Accordingly, words that have the "feel" of female, turn out to be "male" in plural...

Your post was very interesting. I am very familiar with gender as in Italian all nouns and pronouns are male or female. Some change gender going from singular to pleural, especially body parts. For example "the arm"...il braccio is male while "the arms"... le braccia is female. Some change gender while going to the diminutive. For example "the window... la finestra, is female while "the little window", as in an airplane, is il finestrino which is male. However, it would remain female if an adjective was used to make the window small instead of using the diminutive... la piccola finestra. Adjectives take on the gender of the noun that they refer to as well as taking on the singular or pleural nature of the subject noun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We’re scheduled to sail on Edge August 14.  As you all probably know, yesterday morning I received an email from X saying now all passengers must be vaccinated.  Previously they were allowing a small unvaccinated percentage with restrictions.  OK, no problem, we’re both double vaccinated.  

Then yesterday afternoon I received another email telling me now we need a negative covid test done no more than 72 hours before boarding.  When I’d heard that Royal was doing that the day before I’d already looked into where we could get an antigen test so that’s no problem either.  Well, fingers crossed!

My issue now is do I continue with the careful life we’ve resumed gradually since being vaccinated between now and the test on the 11th…or do we go back to Draconian self isolation until then.  I just don’t know how likely I am to pick up the virus from an asymptomatic person.  Specifically, we are to play bridge with six friends next weekend…all vaccinated.  Part of me says cancel…another part says I don’t want to miss out on more life than I already did listening to contradictory advice this past year.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

We’re scheduled to sail on Edge August 14.  As you all probably know, yesterday morning I received an email from X saying now all passengers must be vaccinated.  Previously they were allowing a small unvaccinated percentage with restrictions.  OK, no problem, we’re both double vaccinated.  

Then yesterday afternoon I received another email telling me now we need a negative covid test done no more than 72 hours before boarding.  When I’d heard that Royal was doing that the day before I’d already looked into where we could get an antigen test so that’s no problem either.  Well, fingers crossed!

My issue now is do I continue with the careful life we’ve resumed gradually since being vaccinated between now and the test on the 11th…or do we go back to Draconian self isolation until then.  I just don’t know how likely I am to pick up the virus from an asymptomatic person.  Specifically, we are to play bridge with six friends next weekend…all vaccinated.  Part of me says cancel…another part says I don’t want to miss out on more life than I already did listening to contradictory advice this past year.

We are on the Equinox Aug 15.

Received three different emails in three days.

First the one saying all over 16 to be vaccinated and blah blah.

Second saying testing required for all over 2 yrs of age no matter if vaccinated or not. Test can be PCR OR Antigen. OK we scheduled an Antigen within the timeframe required. I also have the Abbot ID now for my peace of mind (which is like the yes/no pregnancy test😆, but there are advanced versions with video supervision)

This morning the same email as the first one, no mention of testing.

Different phone reps give different info.....like they are spinning a wheel and whatever the arrow lands on is the answer you get.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It has been 65°F and partly cloudy all day.

We went out for lunch today and had a walk by Lake Windermere afterwards.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

IMG_20210731_124005.jpg

I want that!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It has been 65°F and partly cloudy all day.

We went out for lunch today and had a walk by Lake Windermere afterwards.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

IMG-20210731-WA0001.jpg

IMG_20210731_122219.jpg

IMG_20210731_124005.jpg

IMG_20210731_134920.jpg

IMG_20210731_135238.jpg

Another lovely day and delicious looking lunch.  That piece of fish is huge!!  Yummy😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Actually, OB, it's "because" of you that I "ranted" about me not being proficient in 4 languages....

I tried to explain to Maryann (aka @Luckynana) how to "multi-quote", and struggled to find the "right" word for "pressing the + 'button' " .... I ended up with "push" 😟

Then, a few seconds later you "came in" with "tap".... and I said to myself "Eureka, that's the right word" !!!

Now, since you "asked" 😉 for it, a short lesson in Hebrew writing and language.

3) Practically, no vowels in writing. Vowels are represented by dots/lines under/on/upon letters. When you learn the language, you get the dots. Afterwards, books/newspapers are all without "dots", which lends to "scratching your head" as to what the meaning is...

An example -- a title in a newspaper a long time ago announced that our [late assassinated PM], Yitzhak Rabin is in Bonn.

רבין בבון

רבין בבון

AA.jpg

Without the dots, easily interpreted as Rabin is [a] baboon....

4) Last example -- DH's name (A), DS1 (I) and DS2 (E), all are written in Hebrew with the same 1st letter (א). The only difference is the dot/line under the letter.

A.jpg

A short video of DH trying to teach our oldest grandson (almost 5) to write his name....איתי

Sweet video.  Very patient and proud saba heaping praise when Itai was successful.   It all reminded me of the dreaded Hebrew School  which I endured in my childhood never knowing how handy it would come in when I lived in Israel for one year many moons later.    

• Like 3

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

y issue now is do I continue with the careful life we’ve resumed gradually since being vaccinated between now and the test on the 11th…or do we go back to Draconian self isolation until then.  I just don’t know how likely I am to pick up the virus from an asymptomatic person.  Specifically, we are to play bridge with six friends next weekend…all vaccinated.  Part of me says cancel…another part says I don’t want to miss out on more life than I already did listening to contradictory advice this past year.

We are scheduled to sail in september and we were just talking about this yesterday after news about testing everyone.  We said we will probably work from home week or so before our cruise and maybe wear mask when we go out just to be safe so we dont test positive.  Not going to let us stop doing what we want to do, just will practice safe protocols so we can enjoy life on a ship again.

• Like 3