Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Below Deck train wreck. 

Just watching last week’s episode.  Lexi is a disaster, who needs help.  No one has even noticed that Matt has left the yacht yet. Not sure how Sandi has slept through this. I’d hate to be docked beside them at night. 

Maybe Sandy took some of Hanna's valium.😇

I can't wait for her to wake up and find out about Matt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Bonnie, I feel the same way about "Cheers" in Boston.  

I watched Cheers weekly. Years ago we took a tour bus  around Boston and when the guide pointed out the Cheers exterior it didn't mean much  even though it WAS the place where everybody knew your name. Not sure why. Maybe because it had a different name.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Bonnie, I feel the same way about "Cheers" in Boston.  

49 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I watched Cheers weekly. Years ago we took a tour bus  around Boston and when the guide pointed out the Cheers exterior it didn't mean much  even though it WAS the place where everybody knew your name. Not sure why. Maybe because it had a different name.   

It was much smaller inside than I had pictured.  And yes, it is The Bull and Finch  Pub now.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+1 

That's what our in-laws have done.... They're now on their 2nd week of a nice trip to Iceland.

A week before flying out, they stopped seeing family and friends, and practiced social distancing when in stores.

Double masked at the airport.

Just wanted to "get out" again, and a week of "abstinence" seemed a small price to pay.

YMMV 😁

I agree with your in-laws.  We’re going to self isolate again and hope for the best that Edge is still sailing in two weeks in a better circumstance than the terrible embarkation today.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I agree with your in-laws.  We’re going to self isolate again and hope for the best that Edge is still sailing in two weeks in a better circumstance than the terrible embarkation today.

Those poor people. That looks like it was an awful mess and very poor planning. Check the Celebrity board or one of the RC testing threads here for more information. No reason to belabor it here. :classic_huh:  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Below Deck train wreck. 

Just watching last week’s episode.  Lexi is a disaster, who needs help.  No one has even noticed that Matt has left the yacht yet. Not sure how Sandi has slept through this. I’d hate to be docked beside them at night. 

I haven't seen it yet but did read some recaps. I'll eventually get to it in repeats after Olympics are over.

Agree, Lexi needs to go. I think Matt's pulling a Rachel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Lexi is fast becoming my least favorite crew member of all time. Worse than Danny and Rocky, and that says a lot. 

What about creepy Pete Hunzinger who was fired but still worked on the deck? They had to edit film around him so he wasn't shown.

53 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

agree with your in-laws.  We’re going to self isolate again and hope for the best

I know it’s frustrating and sucks that you will miss being with your vax friends. We took what we thought was a reasonable chance by having a vaxxed couple spend a couple days with us two weeks ago.  3 of the 4 of us tested positive and the 4th has had symptoms.  We missed our vacation but thankfully we will do it at the end of August.  We will probably isolate again before this next time.  Don’t want to miss it again.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I am really glad we didn’t need to deal with this a few weeks ago on the edge , hopefully that things will be back to normal before next cruise in November, but wouldn’t bet on that . 

• Like 4

Spent part of the day yesterday getting some things set up for an Un-birthday celebration for my CA grandson today.  Picked up balloons and other party items from the party store for the theme. 

I had some help measuring and setting up the canopy.  

9C94CEC2-92B8-4D1B-8D77-528F8D7D9083.thumb.png.57d0dda82d5153e24c68b8d62a654b9d.png

Then it was off to a festival.  We had a blimp sighting. 

BF0CF084-08E1-4CD5-ABD1-1F1B41ECC94F.thumb.jpeg.9cc5cbf8f5103544ab9d010df2a1a180.jpeg

Spread a blanket and listen to some good music

B539DE07-0DB1-4070-A2F8-37E00C25B43A.thumb.jpeg.567ca05fbb8007ef9b02b029cd966a35.jpeg

And cap the night off with a nice fireworks show.  

4AFD344C-7801-48A5-99A6-B717586AE493.thumb.jpeg.7d4367e016cacff42da459d3e7a92542.jpeg

9998FFE3-77DE-4360-8044-3CA8D15D2B6E.thumb.jpeg.c4c0aa5a040c329ee807622f3a80b1b1.jpeg

F604F13B-D886-45FC-94EC-A2B73410D4A7.thumb.jpeg.88d1f83549bc607b597b59bf9a18cf9d.jpeg

We are hoping the rain stays away for the party today. 

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon everyone.

It is currently 66°F and partly cloudy.

We had Pizza for lunch at Gretna in Scotland and we had a walk around the famous Gretna Green where many weddings take place and I taped the resident Piper.

Take care😷

Screenshot_20210801_121554.jpg

IMG_20210801_104850.jpg

Wow that was loud, woke me up, only 8am here on the East Coast of the US.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

What about creepy Pete Hunzinger who was fired but still worked on the deck? They had to edit film around him so he wasn't shown.

Yes, I remember him. I believe he posted something on social media which resulted in this.

9 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Yes, I remember him. I believe he posted something on social media which resulted in this.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon everyone.

It is currently 66°F and partly cloudy.

We had Pizza for lunch at Gretna in Scotland and we had a walk around the famous Gretna Green where many weddings take place and I taped the resident Piper.

Take care😷

Screenshot_20210801_121554.jpg

IMG_20210801_104850.jpg

I loved it. I have two bagpipe cd’s in my car that I play often. My favorite musical instrument, though my friends don’t agree that it’s musical!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I loved it. I have two bagpipe cd’s in my car that I play often. My favorite musical instrument, though my friends don’t agree that it’s musical!

My x-husband had a bagpipe CD that he used to play (to annoy me, I think).  My two dogs would also join in as soon as they heard the first note.....they would start to howl.

I should have been used to to it, my high school band marched in led by bagpipers.  (There was a large Scottish population in our town).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are scheduled to sail in september and we were just talking about this yesterday after news about testing everyone.  We said we will probably work from home week or so before our cruise and maybe wear mask when we go out just to be safe so we dont test positive.  Not going to let us stop doing what we want to do, just will practice safe protocols so we can enjoy life on a ship again.

Always beneficial to be prudent.

Eyes can get infected easily so I always wore glasses when I wore a face mask.  True there are gaps on either end of the glasses but it can't hurt.   I'm not a dr. and don't play one on tv but I did read advice online so it must be true. 😏

We probably will wear face masks indoors when we're on the road to NJ in a few days. More and more people are wearing them again.  

Hope your tests are negative and your cruise is positive in only the best way.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 3

I enjoy history. So when the discussion of presidential libraries came up it caught my attention. Now we will be in Disney World in a few weeks. And the tribute to presidents is slated to be re-opened this month.  So much history there. I hope  we will be able to see it. 

I like others who have shared on this thread where they were when JFK was murdered remember well.  I was in second grade when the announcement came and we all left class and went to the church and prayed. 

It was not till I was older that my mom shared some magazines and a letter she had saved. 

My parents were married on the same day as JFK and Jackie. September 12, 1953. 
My mom was intrigued by them and followed whatever information she could on them. 

I found 3 magazines and letter when I got my moms wedding gown out a few weeks ago. 

To explain. My moms sisters plane went down over the gulf when JFK was president. Back then you got a typed letter and official personal signature of the president. She kept JFK’s letter. 

I will still keep them. 

Take care. 

57C96FE2-8AE9-497C-BA4A-CAC3B0A05EC4.jpeg

08C5D76A-9384-4932-ABAE-409C866B627B.jpeg

B56EC4E3-2882-498E-850E-56E1A5754682.jpeg

6B0E8D83-9293-4964-BC8C-C60E8629A684.jpeg

• Like 17

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I am always surprised 😮 at the size of the pizza.  I make thin pizza and don’t think I could eat one that big unless I was really hungry!

our local Lyon college has an annual Arkansas Scottish Festival that draws more than 8,000 visitors to the campus. The festival was established to honor the school’s Scottish and Presbyterian roots. Each year they have Scottish games like the log throwing contest, lots of food and music.

image.jpeg.2b62999e3fbd3c6b755332ddce7a4487.jpeg

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am always surprised 😮 at the size of the pizza.  I make thin pizza and don’t think I could eat one that big unless I was really hungry!

our local Lyon college has an annual Arkansas Scottish Festival that draws more than 8,000 visitors to the campus. The festival was established to honor the school’s Scottish and Presbyterian roots. Each year they have Scottish games like the log throwing contest, lots of food and music.

image.jpeg.2b62999e3fbd3c6b755332ddce7a4487.jpeg

For many years we had super popular Scottish games.
A few years ago the site was changed to the fairgrounds. The pipe and drums groups march in inside a building. Not the same at all, and two years ago  there were three or four bands instead of a dozen. 
It has dwindled too far to come up again, I think. Which is really sad for us who went every year. 

• Like 1