Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Beautiful bride. So exciting for you 🌺

Thanks Dani,  getting very real and exciting now.  This time next week will be the big day, two years in the making.......

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Thanks Dani,  getting very real and exciting now.  This time next week will be the big day, two years in the making.......

When you posted the pic of your future DIL, I had a split second of "what???" ....

We have here a show named "Marriage at first sight", and the star (for her beauty and for being a licensed pilot) of the show this season has a strong resemblance to the future bride (in my opinion, of course 😁).

B.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad to report that my beloved Toronto Blue Jays are now sailing out of their proper home port in Toronto after 670 days adrift in the MLB sea. 

For those of you who don't follow Major League Baseball, the Blue Jays had to play all of their home games over the past 1 and a half seasons in the U.S., mostly in Buffalo New York and Dunedin Florida due to Covid travel restrictions. Now they are finally back home!👍

And they beat KC 6-4 last night. 🥳

I could not attend because we are visiting the grandkids this weekend.

And yes it was an easy decision to skip this monumental home game. ( just in case Mrs. Dawg reads this 😉)

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 10

8 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Glad to report that my beloved Toronto Blue Jays are now sailing out of their proper home port in Toronto after 670 days adrift in the MLB sea. 

For those of you who don't follow Major League Baseball, the Blue Jays had to play all of their home games over the past 1 and a half seasons in the U.S., mostly in Buffalo New York and Dunedin Florida due to Covid travel restrictions. Now they are finally back home!👍

And yes it was an easy decision to skip this monumental home game. ( just in case Mrs. Dawg reads this 😉)

I was getting sent photos and videos from one of my friends who was in attendance, was a great atmosphere there!! Finally, the boys are back in town!!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Happy to see that Buffalo could be their host for a while.  From what I read, it worked out well, at least for Buffalo.  

8 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I've been to Nixon, Reagan, and JFK.  Hard to chose between Reagan and JFK.  I was in my Senior year when JFK was assassinated, so it holds a special place in my memories.  If you are ever in Boston, try to make it to the JFK.

As frequently as I go to Boston I have never been to the JFK Library. No clue why I have never gone. Definitely something to plan for a future trip to the city.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Happy to see that Buffalo could be their host for a while.  From what I read, it worked out well, at least for Buffalo.  

We were in a bar in Buffalo area two weeks ago and talking to a couple next to us they had just returned from a Bluejay game against Texas Rangers. They said they made some improvements to stadium but it’s still a minor league stadium, wonder if they will need to go back the way Covid cases are increasing? 

Went to our first concert in a long (!) time last night.  It was held at the Jones Beach outdoor amphitheater, Long Island, New York.  For those not familiar with it, it is a beautiful spot. You are right near the ocean and as you face the stage, you see a bay on both sides. The temperature was perfect with a soft breeze. 

We enjoyed a little tailgating before the concert. 🍺 🍷 

It was a country concert with the main act being Lady A. There were three acts before them. 

20210730_185720.jpg

20210730_195951.jpg

• Like 13

Exciting moments here. Last year we cut trees down for our future garage behind our house. One thing lead to another and it was delayed. Today the first step. Our best friend is taking the remnants of  the mighty oak tree.  The DH jealous of his boy toy. I just calmly said NO!!!

Construction to begin in a few weeks. 

I will be taking pictures and sharing from time to time. 

And of course the upstairs supervisor. 

FCB7080A-CC13-46CB-950F-058F62076B35.jpeg

93A97F4E-380E-4749-986B-462A7425A2D2.jpeg

723245EE-E640-4868-AFD0-7211F225D4A8.jpeg

FACBB15E-51B7-41AF-9C2B-30AEB70D07BC.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Went to our first concert in a long (!) time last night.  It was held at the Jones Beach outdoor amphitheater, Long Island, New York.  For those not familiar with it, it is a beautiful spot. You are right near the ocean and as you face the stage, you see a bay on both sides. The temperature was perfect with a soft breeze. 

We enjoyed a little tailgating before the concert. 🍺 🍷 

It was a country concert with the main act being Lady A. There were three acts before them. 

20210730_185720.jpg

20210730_195951.jpg

You had a beautiful night for a concert.  We were in this area a couple years ago for an air show and stayed for a long weekend to visit the nautical mile area.  The restaurants we tried while there were all good.  Hope to go back again someday, but maybe when off season. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I’m not going to miss that Cincinnati road “destruction”. How was the area around the bridge?  It was a mess the last couple of times that I drove through there. Glad that you made it home OK and without a ticket. 

I got to the split of lanes to enter Ohio very early.

Before the bridge you had to pick your lane.

To the right was I 71

To the left was I 75

Both at this early hour were already bumper to bumper, but not backed up to bad, maybe less than 1/8 of a mile.  And construction workers were already getting ready to go to work.

People were kind if you got in the wrong lane, they made room for you to get into the proper lane.

My GPS that I used was WAZE and I knew to get in the proper lane and let a few cars in also.

A soon as I was over the bridge I took that first exit and easily drove off the exit as cars went on their merry way.  Traffic after here was not too bad.

There was no way I was going to travel this way at a later time.

On my way down I was at the bridge at 9:45 am to enter Kentucky  and the traffic that I just described the other way opposite me to enter Ohio was backed up bumper to bumper 6 miles as I watched my odometer count the miles.

I knew than I had to get up very very early to avoid that.

Stay safe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Watched Jays in 30 this morning. The barehanded catch, for the game ending third out, was spectacular.

2 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

I guess you’d be in the Dawg house. 😂

Dawg, this was their season opener video from 2011.  Who ever thought it would be so poignant almost a decade later. Their might be ninjas cutting onions nearby when you watch. 

• Like 1

I hit the Cincinnati bridge, heading to Kentucky at 5pm a few years ago on a Thursday.  It was for one of my car tours in a car that wasn’t overly comfortable. Sit and wait was all it was for a while.  I will admit the Welcome Rest Station was a wonderful site.😳

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

The bride's mum and I were invited to the first night of the hen weekend last night.  A wonderful covid friendly weekend planned by her amazing hens. In the garden they erected a beautiful igloo for dinner with a pretty sleeping tent. They also had a covered hot tub with a big screen to watch love Island in the wee hours . Today they have a life drawing class (male) and a gin experience, all in the garden . Perfect and beautifully decorated.

20210730_180358.jpg

20210730_180353.jpg

20210730_181321.jpg

20210730_180506.jpg

Beautiful Bride and mums.  Love the Hen Party preparations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

As frequently as I go to Boston I have never been to the JFK Library. No clue why I have never gone. Definitely something to plan for a future trip to the city.

That would be an emotional one for me.  I felt choked up at the Kennedy Exhibition at Dealey Plaza in Dallas where Kennedy was shot.  Very chilling experience to stand at the window "supposedly" where Oswald stood and took aim.  There is a big black X on the road that marks the exact spot where his car was when he was shot.  When I was there last, approx. 10 years ago, there were people on the grassy knoll handing out pamphlets about "the conspiracy". After all this time!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I was in my Senior year when JFK was assassinated

There are events that happened you just don’t forget.  I remember my 3rd grade teacher crying when they announced over the speakers JFK was shot.  And later watching live on tv by myself seeing Lee Harvey Oswald shot.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Marietta:

I just read that a movie is coming out later this year titled Once Upon A Time in Staten Island taking place in 1982.

I will look into that.  We were so young then!  My daughter is a Manager for Regal Cinema, I will see what she knows.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

In the upper right tap the three vertical dots.

16 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

By the way, you express yourself very well. I couldn’t tell you were having any problems.

Thanks, Marietta 

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have no clue what your idea of proficient is but, in my opinion,  your English certainly hits the mark.

Actually, OB, it's "because" of you that I "ranted" about me not being proficient in 4 languages....

I tried to explain to Maryann (aka @Luckynana) how to "multi-quote", and struggled to find the "right" word for "pressing the + 'button' " .... I ended up with "push" 😟

Then, a few seconds later you "came in" with "tap".... and I said to myself "Eureka, that's the right word" !!!

Now, since you "asked" 😉 for it, a short lesson in Hebrew writing and language.

1) Different "numbers" according to gender. Three girls/three boys? Not here ...

So you have to stop a millisecond and think -- is "way" female/or male??

2) Accordingly, words that have the "feel" of female, turn out to be "male" in plural...

3) Practically, no vowels in writing. Vowels are represented by dots/lines under/on/upon letters. When you learn the language, you get the dots. Afterwards, books/newspapers are all without "dots", which lends to "scratching your head" as to what the meaning is...

An example -- a title in a newspaper a long time ago announced that our [late assassinated PM], Yitzhak Rabin is in Bonn.

רבין בבון

רבין בבון

AA.jpg

Without the dots, easily interpreted as Rabin is [a] baboon....

4) Last example -- DH's name (A), DS1 (I) and DS2 (E), all are written in Hebrew with the same 1st letter (א). The only difference is the dot/line under the letter.

A.jpg

A short video of DH trying to teach our oldest grandson (almost 5) to write his name....איתי

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 11