Have you received cancellation notices for May or June cruises?

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

If I'm wrong, I'll be corrected, but this is how I infer how it is.  If you paid say, 1000 for a balcony cabin (base rate without port charges), you would receive 1250 in a FCC towards the base rate of a future cruise and that cruise would have to be taken by Dec 31, 2021.  If your re-booked cruise only cost you 1200, the extra 50 bucks is either applied towards another cruise or is thrown away.  If your new cruise is 1350, then the 1250 would be applied and you would be responsible for the extra 100.

Correct

13 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

I don't think 'anyone' has the upper hand right now.  Royal has in the past offered up to 125% of your cruise fare, when they had to cancel a cruise....but that isn't a guarantee for the future. Royal cancelled our Alaska cruise departing mid June, so now we wait to see what they do....it was fully paid for, as well.   I surely don't feel like I have the 'upper hand'.  In the end it will work out, but this coronavirus nightmare will cause PLENTY of havoc just trying to get things moving again in the cruise world.

People ask me all the time, if I would cruise again....and I say YES, it is my preferred form of vacation and still will be.

You got the email that your Alaska June cruise was cancelled?  Yikes...but of course Canada still closed until July 1st.  Nervously awaiting status on our mid August Radiance Alaska B2B.  

18 hours ago, BND said:

Um, not that I'm aware of. What ports changed?  

BND...my mistake. (Getting old and not reading carefully.)

The two sailings on the Adventure that had itinerary changes are:

May 15th and June 4th sailings.

And I will keep saying the same thing.  I am not hurting anyone by hoping.  If you have no hope, you have nothing.  Realistically, do I think we will go, no, but I believe in hope and will continue to hope.  I don't believe in negativity.

• Like 6

On 4/8/2020 at 11:27 AM, island lady said:

You got the email that your Alaska June cruise was cancelled?  Yikes...but of course Canada still closed until July 1st.  Nervously awaiting status on our mid August Radiance Alaska B2B.  

Yes, we were notified about the cancellation.  We had heard prior to the notification that Canada had closed their ports until July 1st, so we just waited until the Royal email came.  The cruise was fully paid for and now our plan is to rebook it for the following summer.  Not exactly certain what the $$ amount will be, and I won't speculate...but we will USE it.  Cruisers will rebuild the industry, because cruisers still will want to cruise.  All cruise lines will face challenges -- what ports will be safe/healthy enough to visit  and then of course staffing.  Some staff will not want to return.  The more staff that needs to be hired who are new then the more time it will take to get back to sailing.  Supply chain issues will be aplenty I am sure.  

• Like 1

Just watched a very interesting programme on BBC2 horizon special about covid-19. After watching this I don't think cruising will start until July or August at the earliest and then maybe start with short 3/4 day cruises ex Florida. We are in for the long haul with this virus, until either there is enough immunity in the general population or there is a vaccine against it

10 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Looks like no cruises will sail from the US for at least 100 days, so all May, June and most July cruises will be canceled.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/s0409-modifications-extension-no-sail-ships.html

Not necessarily.  The paragraph that mentions the 100 days has it listed as the third choice.  If either of the first two choices happen before the 100 days, then that choice would take precedence and eliminate the other two.

• Like 1

Not necessarily.  The paragraph that mentions the 100 days has it listed as the third choice.  If either of the first two choices happen before the 100 days, then that choice would take precedence and eliminate the other two.

True, but I don’t see either of the other options likely happening in the next 100 days. They just said the peak for the virus in our state will likely be June rather than late April or early May as previously predicted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On 4/8/2020 at 7:53 AM, bouhunter said:

Seriously???    The number of people posting here who think their May-June cruises might happen is just too funny.

By May and June I'm just hoping to be able go to the supermarket and not have to wait on line to get in, not having to wear a scarf around my face, being able to find soap and paper towels in stock and to be able to get a haircut. Travel isn't even on the radar until these things happen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

By May and June I'm just hoping to be able go to the supermarket and not have to wait on line to get in, not having to wear a scarf around my face, being able to find soap and paper towels in stock and to be able to get a haircut. Travel isn't even on the radar until these things happen.

I agree, 100%.  But dreaming about future cruising helps me get through the day.  Until our world goes back to what we had or better we have to think about the important things in life. Family, Friends, Future.