Have you received cancellation notices for May or June cruises?

46 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Our May 15th and May 21st sailing on the Adventure had itinerary changes.

We received emails from Royal giving us 3 options.

1. Keep the sailing and receive OBC...$250 for inside/oceanview/balcony or $450 for suites.

(Of course, they may/will cancel this sailings anyway...but it sounds nice.)

2. 125% FCC

3. Full refund

May 15th did and we cancelled.  What changes for 21 May?  We haven't seen anything.

13 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The next one may not be fleet wide.

Agree. I expect it to be very port/itinerary specific. For example, if NYC/NJ is still a hot spot in May, there is no way there will be cruises out of that port. Florida has not peaked yet, and if it follows the same curve as elsewhere, Florida ports won't be open in May either. P.R. is just starting to spike, so San Juan will likely be closed until June - and on and on and on it goes...

10 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

It's been pretty clear that Royal is waiting to the last minute to cancel cruises in hopes that more people cancel on their own and thus don't have to give full refunds. 

Respectfully disagree.  Our April 11th cancellation came out several weeks prior to embarkation date.  I think they are doing the best they can in a very difficult situation.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BND said:

May 15th did and we cancelled.  What changes for 21 May?  We haven't seen anything.

Same as the May 15th sailing...the May 21st sailing on the the Adventure had itinerary changes.

4 hours ago, island lady said:

I got that same offer from extreme itinerary change for Grandeur 6/11 NE/Canada cruise out of Baltimore.  I took the 125%.   

Expect to get another cancellation for Harmony soon...will take the cash on back on that one.  

Agree...no more FCC's for us from here on...just refunds.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Same as the May 15th sailing...the May 21st sailing on the the Adventure had itinerary changes.

Um, not that I'm aware of. What ports changed?  

11 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

It’s not clear at all-the last round of cancellations were announced many weeks in advance; and I am sure by now EVERYONE knows not to cancel first-the consumer has the upper hand now 

I don't think 'anyone' has the upper hand right now.  Royal has in the past offered up to 125% of your cruise fare, when they had to cancel a cruise....but that isn't a guarantee for the future. Royal cancelled our Alaska cruise departing mid June, so now we wait to see what they do....it was fully paid for, as well.   I surely don't feel like I have the 'upper hand'.  In the end it will work out, but this coronavirus nightmare will cause PLENTY of havoc just trying to get things moving again in the cruise world.

People ask me all the time, if I would cruise again....and I say YES, it is my preferred form of vacation and still will be.

Our May 3, 2020 Harmony out of Port Canaveral (eastern caribbean) was canceled March 24th by RCI. We opted to take the 125% and have rebooked for May 8, 2021.

I'm going to let my cruise planner items (internet & cabana) be refunded to my credit card and not opt to take the 125% for these items.

Luckily AA had a major change (8 hours) to our flight time and they easily refunded all 10 of us back to my credit card too.

We all did have 3rd party travel insurance but have opted to have that policy applied to our May 2021 cruise because we didn't file a claim.

Whew...glad it all worked out !

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Respectfully disagree.  Our April 11th cancellation came out several weeks prior to embarkation date.  I think they are doing the best they can in a very difficult situation.  

The original round of cancellations was for under 30 days of sailings when Royal knew damn well that they wouldn't be sailing for months. They are doing the best they can alright, they are doing the best they can trying to hold on to our money because they don't have much of their own anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

The original round of cancellations was for under 30 days of sailings when Royal knew damn well that they wouldn't be sailing for months. They are doing the best they can alright, they are doing the best they can trying to hold on to our money because they don't have much of their own anymore. 

Perhaps you are right. I don’t presume to have any insider knowledge though I would love to be a fly on the wall in any of their recent board room meetings. I do hope you get your refund. 

We'll have to see what the Governor does in the next few weeks. We're under a stay at home order until April 30th. If he extends it then cruises out of Florida won't be happening for the foreseeable future. The latest from Dr. Dena Grayson, who is a infectious disease expert, said that Florida will not peak for 4 - 6 weeks. That would bring us into mid May. 

Since we'll be driving to Galveston, the only costs we've pre-paid is the cruise. They have still to tempt us with "Royal Up" which makes me wonder if they're hoping that Caribbean cruises will be okay. We'd probably opt for the refund.

Never had the FCC. How does the 125% FCC work? Since we booked well in advance, we paid a lower rate. How would that transfer to a new rate? 

12 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The Allure, like Anthem and Explorer, may be further delayed by their required dry docks. 

It has been reported that Jet2 a leading UK airline have suspended flights until June 17th.

This will affect Allure if/when she sails from Barcelona.

5 hours ago, chrismch said:

Never had the FCC. How does the 125% FCC work? Since we booked well in advance, we paid a lower rate. How would that transfer to a new rate? 

If I'm wrong, I'll be corrected, but this is how I infer how it is.  If you paid say, 1000 for a balcony cabin (base rate without port charges), you would receive 1250 in a FCC towards the base rate of a future cruise and that cruise would have to be taken by Dec 31, 2021.  If your re-booked cruise only cost you 1200, the extra 50 bucks is either applied towards another cruise or is thrown away.  If your new cruise is 1350, then the 1250 would be applied and you would be responsible for the extra 100.

15 hours ago, karena1 said:

We are scheduled for 5/24 on Freedom and hoping we get to go.  I won't give up hope until Royal tells me it is canceled or our flights get canceled.

Seriously???    The number of people posting here who think their May-June cruises might happen is just too funny.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Seriously???    The number of people posting here who think their May-June cruises might happen is just too funny.

Yeah, it's hilarious when people hold out hope for things they were really looking forward to. 

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

You can't book a Cruise on Carnival until June 27th/28th . I don't believe it's because all cruises are sold out until then as some have suggested.

I'd be willing to bet that is the earliest projection they have. Fla was very late getting on board with other states shutting down.

5 minutes ago, Lawlsagna said:

and I can't imagine why either one of those would bring you joy. Schadenfreude isn't something to be proud of.

Look up the definition of your fancy words first.  I don't find anything funny about others misfortune.  But their reluctance to accept reality, yeah a little bit.

Edited by bouhunter

5 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Look up the definition of your fancy words first.  I don't find anything funny about others misfortune.  But their reluctance to accept reality, yeah a little bit.

Are you even reading your own argument here? You're admitting to taking pleasure in someone's misfortune but trying to label it as something different. If you want to get technical and say you're laughing at their delusion, you're still laughing at someone else's failure/misfortune because being delusional is still an unfortunate state of being. 

Try taking pleasure in your own accomplishments instead of worrying about how 'delusional' other people may or may not be. It's really none of your business anyway.

• Like 5