Europe still closed until May 15 at the least

susiesan

23 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Thanks Roger but both my flights are for miles (Avios) and I do NOT want vouchers - I would like to re-deposit the miles without a fee which they are not very happy to do.

Well, my IB flight SFO-MAD just got cancelled and they promised a full refund of Avios and fees 🙂- we'll see.

8 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

What is the $3000 in regard to points & taxes & fees?

Over 300,000 points for 2 plus wonderful (!#!) Aeroplan have to also pay all airport taxes , fees and fuel surcharge (big bucks for Europe $1,150 pp) which I had paid , Routing Vancouver to London via Toronto and return London to Ottawa via Frankfurt (to meet our new granddaughter) and then Ottawa to Vancouver. Business class.

22 minutes ago, LJRVancouver said:

Over 300,000 points for 2 plus wonderful (!#!) Aeroplan have to also pay all airport taxes , fees and fuel surcharge (big bucks for Europe $1,150 pp) which I had paid , Routing Vancouver to London via Toronto and return London to Ottawa via Frankfurt (to meet our new granddaughter) and then Ottawa to Vancouver. Business class.

WOW - I get the miles. 300,000 for 2 RT J awards to Europe is reasonable (by today’s standard) but $3000 in taxes, fees & surcharges is outrageous.

Good thing I don’t have to use Aeroplan 😀

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paulchili said:

WOW - I get the miles. 300,000 for 2 RT J awards to Europe is reasonable (by today’s standard) but $3000 in taxes, fees & surcharges is outrageous.

Good thing I don’t have to use Aeroplan 😀

I understand that Heathrow is ridiculous in that regard I'd never connect there for that kinda money.

8 minutes ago, clo said:

I understand that Heathrow is ridiculous in that regard I'd never connect there for that kinda money.

FWIW, these fees are indeed outrageous but more so if your flight originates or ends at LHR; less so for transiting flights.

Still, BA’s fees are crazy as well.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Paulchili said:

FWIW, these fees are indeed outrageous but more so if your flight originates or ends at LHR; less so for transiting flights.

Still, BA’s fees are crazy as well.

Believe the huge British fees are for all London airports and only for flying out not for arrivals or change of planes and only go long intercontinental flights not for inter Europe flights. 

44 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Believe the huge British fees are for all London airports and only for flying out not for arrivals or change of planes and only go long intercontinental flights not for inter Europe flights. 

True except for APD (Air Passenger Duty) on short haul flights.  Prices are less for flights ranging from 0-2000 miles, £26 for short haul and £172 for those flights greater than 2000 miles.  In both cases this is for flights originating in UK, not connecting flights.  When I travel to Europe I usually do London first and then fly else where for a few days before connecting back through London; thus avoiding the UK APD.  Yes, BA has exorbitant fees it adds to award and RTW tickets which varies based on destination.  Unlike APD, BA has dropped most of these additional Carrier imposed fees for EU flights.

Edited by Fam_Cruise

The high service charges/tax applies (APD) to flights only going out of a UK airport and are tiered to the class of service.

BA adds the fuel service charge (on each leg) which is where most of the high fee is.  I think Virgin does the same and my last one way FF flight had $500 in charges.

Edited by PaulMCO

I went through LHR on Egyptian Airlines over to UA on ff miles. Business Class seats. We had to pay a tax based on the value of a regular BC ticket to LHR, even though we were only transferring flights. Seems to me it was around $350 each. That was in 2017.

5 hours ago, roger b said:

Both Riviera and Marina have now moved and are anchored together off Miami is this prelude to something ???

Maybe  the  crew  can wave at each other easier

There are only so many dock areas  & spaces to float around

so many ships not just Oceania  looking for places  to hang out 

5 hours ago, roger b said:

Both Riviera and Marina have now moved and are anchored together off Miami is this prelude to something ???

Unless one is happy just cruising around in a circle, not much can happen until the airlines open up flights again. Currently, whereas the ship may be able to dump you in Lisbon or Rome, good luck finding a flight home! My guess is, currently they’ll never let you off the ship.

7 hours ago, roger b said:

Regent's Explorer is now at Terminal J.  Marina was there a few days ago.  I assume they are swapping out who is docked and who is anchored off shore periodically.  Interestingly, at least to me, Sirena is at the short end of the Dodge Island at Terminal H.  I didn't even know there was a Terminal there. 

• 3 weeks later...

Holland America and Princess just cancelled all remaining Europe cruises and TATL for 2020. I guess they will keep the ships over here off the US and offer a multitude of Caribbean cruises this winter season. No way will there be any Oceania Europe cruises this year, sorry for all those hopeful of going in the fall.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, susiesan said:

Holland America and Princess just cancelled all remaining Europe cruises and TATL for 2020. I guess they will keep the ships over here off the US and offer a multitude of Caribbean cruises this winter season. No way will there be any Oceania Europe cruises this year, sorry for all those hopeful of going in the fall.

Seabourn also….