Now for something completely different

1 minute ago, lyndarra said:

I lived at the Bay - Warner's Bay on the above Lake. I now live next to Village Bay and I don't call it anything. Hmm.

I agree Town is Newcastle, always knew it as that. I hate it being calling it Newie. Meh.

Definitely.

And remembering the local advice given to teenage boys - get off the train at Civic instead of going into town.

Looking at all the above places of leisure around the country, we really are a lucky lot.

• Like 1

Just now, arxcards said:

Definitely.

And remembering the local advice given to teenage boys - get off the train at Civic instead of going into town.

Looking at all the above places of leisure around the country, we really are a lucky lot.

We seriously are🥰

11 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I lived at the Bay - Warner's Bay on the above Lake. I now live next to Village Bay and I don't call it anything. Hmm.

I agree Town is Newcastle, always knew it as that. I hate it being calling it Newie. Meh.

Sydney has a Town Hall, whilst Brisbane has a City Hall.

• Like 1

Thanks, Les, for a great catch-up at Catalina Club, and for your treat of delicious fish and chips.  Maybe this should be on "Meat Pies";  the fish was fresh and sweet, the batter light and crispy, and the salad was fresh and light with just the right amount of dressing.  Also, a respectable amount of chips to accompany:  not a bucket.  

It was wonderful to see you in such fine form and looking well, although we know you have challenges.  Raymond's next time😋

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Thanks, Les, for a great catch-up at Catalina Club, and for your treat of delicious fish and chips.  Maybe this should be on "Meat Pies";  the fish was fresh and sweet, the batter light and crispy, and the salad was fresh and light with just the right amount of dressing.  Also, a respectable amount of chips to accompany:  not a bucket.  

It was wonderful to see you in such fine form and looking well, although we know you have challenges.  Raymond's next time😋

Kind words Linda. Good to get out of the house to attend the Far South Coast Branch of CC.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 9/3/2023 at 5:56 PM, MicCanberra said:

Won our Grand final today 2-1, Over 55s Division 1 Capital football.

Happy but sore (my achilles is very bruised).

Well bad news, I have actually ruptured my Achilles and am now in a cast for the foreseeable future.

My upcoming trip will need to be cancelled,  :classic_sad:

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Well bad news, I have actually ruptured my Achilles and am now in a cast for the foreseeable future.

Oh no.  No wonder you were sore.  Very sorry to hear that Mic.  Wishing you rapid healing🙏🏻

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

That is bad news Mick and disappointing, not to mention painful. 😕 Hopefully a good recovery and you can be off again in the not tooooo distant future. Commiserations.

Edited by Aussieflyer
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Sorry to hear the bad news. Hope you get mobile as soon as possible. When I was playing ( in my younger days) I was chasing after a player from the opposing team that had the ball when he suddenly went to ground in agony having completely torn his Achilles. He looked at me and with some rather bad language accused me of kicking him in the ankle, as it happens I was nowhere near him. He apologised and later we became good friends. Hopefully your achilles is not completely torn . As he said it was a very painful injury. Shame having to cancel your trip, does mean you will have to make up for it later, maybe a back to back.😊

Edited by JohnGc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnGc said:

Sorry to hear the bad news. Hope you get mobile as soon as possible. When I was playing ( in my younger days) I was chasing after a player from the opposing team that had the ball when he suddenly went to ground in agony having completely torn his Achilles. He looked at me and with some rather bad language accused me of kicking him in the ankle, as it happens I was nowhere near him. He apologised and later we became good friends. Hopefully your achilles is not completely torn . As he said it was a very painful injury. Shame having to cancel your trip, does mean you will have to make up for it later, maybe a back to back.😊

Cheers, It was 5 cruises on 4 different lines, 4 of which were back to back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Cheers, It was 5 cruises on 4 different lines, 4 of which were back to back.

That sure makes it worst, you must be spitting chips I know I would. I wish you a speedy recovery and after that you will need some nice relaxing cruises.

Cheers John.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I really feel for you as my mum had similar situation with her trip. She was suppose to be in Greece right now but a week before flying out a cyclist hit her breaking a bone in her foot. Doctors say it might be up to six months before it is back to normal. Sadly it is the second time she has had to cancel her Greece trip, the first because of the Covid pandemic☹️. It really sucks to have to cancel a long awaited trip. Hopefully you can retry for your trip when you recover. Good luck and heal well🫂

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Oh no! I hope you recover quickly. Bummer about having to cancel your trip. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Shame to lose your holiday Mic. Get well soon. I hope your big rubber band mends 100%. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Oh, Mic, that absolutely sucks!!! You were only about 12 days out from your cruise too.☹️

Wheel chair not an option?

Hope you can reschedule without dramas.

Get well soonest.

CeeCee

A wheel chair would only do so much, am in a cast so washing easily (shower/bath) and swimming would be out, as well as the long walking and such we had planned. The majority of the trip was in the Caribbean, it can wait.