Princess Announces Cruise Cancellations thru June 30 - Retitled after merge

picture

31 minutes ago, billco said:

I just got the confirmation e-mail for the May 20 Alaskan cruise on the Coral Princess I put on hold this morning. Definitely not going to put a deposit. Actually was thinking I could pay in full and then if they cancelled the cruise this afternoon I would be eligible for a refund and some FCC. 

Spoke too soon. Locked out of personalizer and now no cruises listed earlier than July

• Like 1

Just now, CarelessAndConfused said:

I completed the form opting for a refund instead of 125% FCC for my Alaska trip.  I received an email confirmation of the request.

Good move. Keep us posted

12 minutes ago, PandaBear62 said:

Just before I read this I noticed that the only cruises available for Alaska were out of Seattle.

The decision has been made for me, I'm not going to Alaska this year 😞 since there will be no sailings out of San Francisco.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, sfkaren said:

Just before I read this I noticed that the only cruises available for Alaska were out of Seattle.

The decision has been made for me, I'm not going to Alaska this year 😞 since there will be no sailings out of San Francisco.

and then there were 2 … out of how many that were scheduled for the Alaska season ? 

and where will they end up ?

6 minutes ago, dides said:

Ahh finally - all Enchanted Princess cruises cancelled up 31st July due to the impact of the shipyard closure.

Looks like our September 5 sailing is a go for now. Doesn't mean all ports will be open to cruise ships. I will still need to think about it as final payment approaches. Let's hope this is the last shoe to fall.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bluesea321 said:

Did you complete the Missing Immigration Notice?  🤷‍♂️ 🙄 🙂

No, I knew we weren’t sailing ... 

just announced that not only this sailing but my August sailing was also canceled.  I’m three for three now.  

• Like 2

Looks like all Alaska cruises out of San Pedro got canned for the season. I had expected our June 13 departure to get caught up in this, but had been looking to see if I could make future dates work, but that’s now no longer a decision I have to make. 

Today was final payment date for me, so no need to wait on a refund as I hadn’t paid in full and I should now get my FCD back, even though I had made a non refundable booking. 

From Princess Website

April 14, 2020 1:05PM PT

Princess Cruises Extends Temporary Pause of Global Operations Through June 30 Due to Global COVID-19 Outbreak

Cruise Line Also Announces Cancellation of Alaska Gulf Voyages, and Land and Sea program for First Time in Its History

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. – In continued response to the impact of the COVID-19 global outbreak and the recent order from the United States Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Princess Cruises is canceling all voyages through June 30, 2020.

Here's the link to the full text.

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/global-ship-operations-pause-extended.html

Edited by DCCruiser57
added content

Argh! Their announcement says "We remain optimistic that Emerald and Ruby Princess will still offer roundtrip cruises from Seattle in the summer. We will of course continue to evaluate our plans in the weeks ahead."

There is no way they will be operating cruises to Alaska when the Canadian ports are all closed, whhhhhy do they  have to drag this out even longer for me?? 

4 minutes ago, rrusso81 said:

Argh! Their announcement says "We remain optimistic that Emerald and Ruby Princess will still offer roundtrip cruises from Seattle in the summer. We will of course continue to evaluate our plans in the weeks ahead."

There is no way they will be operating cruises to Alaska when the Canadian ports are all closed, whhhhhy do they  have to drag this out even longer for me?? 

Not even the round trip ones that do not stop in Canada?

Our Policies in a Nutshell

Cruise or cruisetour begins between Your final payment due date Cancel By
July 1 – July 31, 2020 60 days before departure^ 48 hours before departure
August 1 – October 15, 2020 60 days before departure^ 30 days before departure

On cruises sailing August 1 through October 15, 2020, you can cancel up to 30 days before you sail and receive the full amount you have paid either as a Future Cruise Credit* and/or as a refund to the original payment method. See our standard cancellation policies for more details.

July 1 - July31 had 125% FCC as an encouragement. Not clear why they say 'and/or'. Surely it is FCC or Refund.

Our date is Sep 2 2020, Canada New England out of New York. I read the above to say our Final Payment is delayed by 60 Days. Does not make any difference, just longer to make final decision ands easier not to have to bother with refund process.

Enhancing Health Requirements

We will deny boarding to guests and crew if they:

• Have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 or a person being monitored for COVID-19.
  • Are suffering from a fever or flu-like symptoms prior to embarkation.
  • Have an underlying, severe, chronic medical condition.

This looks as though Princess does not need Fit To Sail signed by Doctor.

• Like 1