No more fit to travel form

CHEZMARYLOU

I believe  ( ?) Former Royal C big wig is head of CLIA   and I guess that org would be in favor of  getting more customers back on board.

We'll go back but not as much as in the past...it was too much stress  and work unwinding our res and refunds!  Other vacation options are much easier  to book and price  track

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Indeed some good news!  I am glad to see that RCL/Celebrity, (CILA, really) are allowing passengers to take some personal responsibility as it relates to determining if they are fit to sail.  

I never understood why they picked that age as a cut off.  There are lots of younger people with health problems who likely would be at higher risk and a healthy person 70 or older.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bjtravelnews said:

I never understood why they picked that age as a cut off.  There are lots of younger people with health problems who likely would be at higher risk and a healthy person 70 or older.

I guess they could have picked 65....

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-at-higher-risk.html

At the time, it was all done in a rush based on what they thought they knew.

I believe that another issue about those doctors notes was that many Physicians would have been happy to sign them except for concern about their potential liability if one of their patients became ill on the cruise. Giving a written, all encompassing guarantee that an individual was fit to travel was far too open-ended for them

Personally I wouldn’t get too excited. We have no way of knowing if the CDC will extend their cruise shutdown, and whether they will or will not put additional restrictions like this in place again.  Until there is a vaccine anything is possible. I don’t believe this restriction would ever be permanent, but I do think there is a chance it could come back for awhile.  Either that or they could initially require a note from everyone.  At this stage I don’t know what to expect, but keep in mind cruise lines need to limit their own liability and expenses incurred if people get deadly sick onboard.

4 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

Yes, seriously. I don't understand your comment. Celebrity IT issues are widely known and discussed here on Cruise Critic. 

This leads me to ask your opinion. Which of the cruise lines has the best Information Technology department? And how does that cruise line compare to Celebrity?

• Thanks 1

I also thought about a doctor willing to sign a note like that because of any lawsuit.  

Then I also seen the opportunity for a scam or 2.   I could see a “doctor” setting up a Kiosk at a airport giving a fit to travel physical and charging a few hundred dollars for basically the signed form.    

Then there are also those “doctors” that are willing to sign anything for a fee such as the need for a therapy animal, handicap license and etc.  

I also wondered how they would check to see if the doctors signature was from a real doctor.  If they did this at check in it would take forever and may not be possible.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2020 at 10:28 AM, miched said:

I also thought about a doctor willing to sign a note like that because of any lawsuit.  

Then I also seen the opportunity for a scam or 2.   I could see a “doctor” setting up a Kiosk at a airport giving a fit to travel physical and charging a few hundred dollars for basically the signed form.    

Then there are also those “doctors” that are willing to sign anything for a fee such as the need for a therapy animal, handicap license and etc.  

I also wondered how they would check to see if the doctors signature was from a real doctor.  If they did this at check in it would take forever and may not be possible.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Medical marijuana was legalized recently in my state. And suddenly there were billboards on the side of the road saying "get your medical marijuana card for $300" with a marijuana medical clinic's name on it. So much for the idea that you are sick and marijuana is a legitimate treatment for you illness. I'm sure it would be just has a easy to have a side hustle like you are describing. 

On 4/29/2020 at 7:51 PM, Mr. Click said:

I know it all t well. Our May 18 sailing is still listed on our upcoming trips and it was canceled by them on April 16. Modern Luxury has bet to meet Modern Technology.

May 18th out of Dublin? We were going on that cruise also. We were to leave in 6 days.

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

May 18th out of Dublin? We were going on that cruise also. We were to leave in 6 days.

Yep, we should be packing now and leaving on the 15th...maybe next year from Amsterdam, maybe with a lot of ifs.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 3:57 AM, sanger727 said:

Medical marijuana was legalized recently in my state. And suddenly there were billboards on the side of the road saying "get your medical marijuana card for $300" with a marijuana medical clinic's name on it. So much for the idea that you are sick and marijuana is a legitimate treatment for you illness. I'm sure it would be just has a easy to have a side hustle like you are describing. 

So if I get a doctors note for medical marijuana, I can bring it on the ship. LOL

• Haha 1