Cruise with confidence enhanced

1 minute ago, ChristyLNDRN said:

I wonder how this works if you have connecting rooms booked.  I’m interested but currently have connecting ocean view with large balconies, would be concerned to go into a guarantee pool since we need the connecting rooms for young-ish kids.  

I would call to clarify but I imagine they would honour that. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

OP Many thanks for posting this. I have a different scenario to any I've seen mentioned above and wonder if you know the answer

We should have been on the cancelled Oasis (crane incident) TA last year and used one of our FCCs to book onto the Boston to Tampa repositioning in October this year. The original FCC had an expiry date of April 2021. I know that there were people on the cancelled Oasis TA who were using FCCs which were due to expire around the same time as the TA ended (last April) and they lost out as the FCC had expired and Royal wouldn't extend the date. Have you come across this scenario and do you know whether Royal may extend the expiration date since we are in such unusual circumstances?

Secondly, using the lift and switch would this mean we would have to book the Boston to FLL repositioning next year (which falls well outside the expiration date). We already have a TA booked at the same time next October so couldn't do it even if they do extend the date, or could we lift and switch to a different cruise, say Caribbean, before the expiry date next April.

I realise you may not know the answers but likely to get a quicker response here than from Royal.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Is that for Lift or only for the cruise with confidence and price match portion.  

I found it vague and have it down to ask on the webinar today.  

I wasn't sure either. I'm finding that it is best to have a bottle of Advil handy every time I go out to RCL's website lately.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

First I’ve heard of that but it would be a guarantee in the same category. 

thanks for the update 

After 75 minutes and much discussion between the rep, the supervisor and a review team, they have graciously moved us (2 guests) from a category that is normally only available to 3+ guests to the same cabin one deck up, which is technically a different category because it is normally  available for 2 guests.   It was touch-and-go for a while (we can’t, we can, we can’t, we can for $244, we can for $200, we can’t, we can do something different, we can anyway, we did).  I am really happy with the amount of time and effort they put into it, and with the final result.  I don’t think the “guarantee only” response was accurate, this is very new to them and they seem to be struggling.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

1 minute ago, Bobal said:

OP Many thanks for posting this. I have a different scenario to any I've seen mentioned above and wonder if you know the answer

We should have been on the cancelled Oasis (crane incident) TA last year and used one of our FCCs to book onto the Boston to Tampa repositioning in October this year. The original FCC had an expiry date of April 2021. I know that there were people on the cancelled Oasis TA who were using FCCs which were due to expire around the same time as the TA ended (last April) and they lost out as the FCC had expired and Royal wouldn't extend the date. Have you come across this scenario and do you know whether Royal may extend the expiration date since we are in such unusual circumstances?

Secondly, using the lift and switch would this mean we would have to book the Boston to FLL repositioning next year (which falls well outside the expiration date). We already have a TA booked at the same time next October so couldn't do it even if they do extend the date, or could we lift and switch to a different cruise, say Caribbean, before the expiry date next April.

I realise you may not know the answers but likely to get a quicker response here than from Royal.

Lift and shift has to be same kind of itinerary , same length and within 4 weeks 

I believe the FCC would still be honoured as it was applied to a valid booking. 

• Thanks 1

I have a Symphony sailing 8/29 this year that I got at a great price. Looking at the cruise prices next year for the roughly the same cruise is thousands more and I was unsure what I was going to do when 8/29 cancels. 125% barely covers the increase. So the Lift & Shift is a game changer.

I can see people booking these cruises for this summer at decent prices with the intent to L&S them.

1 minute ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

After 75 minutes and much discussion between the rep, the supervisor and a review team, they have graciously moved us (2 guests) from a category that is currently only available to 3+ guests to the same cabin one deck up, which is technically a different category because it is currently available for 2 guests.   It was touch-and-go for a while (we can’t, we can, we can’t, we can for $244, we can for $200, we can’t, we can do something different, we can anyway, we did).  I am really happy with the amount of time and effort they put into it, and with the final result.  I don’t think the “guarantee only” response was accurate, this is very new to them and they seem to be struggling.

Thanks.  That’s why they told you a guarantee,  your category was only available as that. Glad you got it sorted out. 

1 minute ago, JoeFan said:

I have a Symphony sailing 8/29 this year that I got at a great price. Looking at the cruise prices next year for the roughly the same cruise is thousands more and I was unsure what I was going to do when 8/29 cancels. 125% barely covers the increase. So the Lift & Shift is a game changer.

I can see people booking these cruises for this summer at decent prices with the intent to L&S them.

I believe it only applies to existing bookings. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks.  That’s why they told you a guarantee,  your category was only available as that. Glad you got it sorted out. 

They did move us to a specific cabin.  I had a corner aft balcony and wanted only that, and a guarantee would have lost it for certain.

Thank you (once again) for information and help that resulted in a fantastic deal!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

If you want to L and S a booking say for July do you have to do it BEFORE they cancel July sailings?

Don't know but I'm in the same boat with a July 20 sail date. If they are going, I'm going. If cancelled I gotta look at the calendar.

So my biggest question i, will this be available after they cancel another set of cruises? my cruise is July 25th and i really want to go, but i dont want to lose out on this offer to lift and shift to next year.

Seriously, they need to do this for canceled cruises with FCC or the offer of a full refund that have already been canceled.  I'm assuming that they are doing this so that they can keep the cash, so it would make sense.  I have two that were canceled, but I have already been refunded for one.  I would love to shift the other one that I didn't decide what to do on yet.  I haven't chosen.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If you want to L and S a booking say for July do you have to do it BEFORE they cancel July sailings?

I believe that Lift and Shift only applies to current bookings. Definitely not apply to bookings that have already been cancelled 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

6 minutes ago, cube1982 said:

So my biggest question i, will this be available after they cancel another set of cruises? my cruise is July 25th and i really want to go, but i dont want to lose out on this offer to lift and shift to next year.

Lift and Shift is not available if the cruise gets cancelled

3 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

Seriously, they need to do this for canceled cruises with FCC or the offer of a full refund that have already been canceled.  I'm assuming that they are doing this so that they can keep the cash, so it would make sense.  I have two that were canceled, but I have already been refunded for one.  I would love to shift the other one that I didn't decide what to do on yet.  I haven't chosen.  

Only applies to cruises that have not been cancelled

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lift and Shift is not available if the cruise gets cancelled

hey ken,

just out of curiosity, did that come from royal direct? do you think that they may change that and offer that as an option?

Just now, wildernesslady said:

Has there been any confirmation if package pricing gets transferred also. We have the $18 drink package.  Just trying to decide if I should change it before it gets cancelled. 

All cruise planner purchases are refunded and do not carry over. 

Just now, cube1982 said:

hey ken,

just out of curiosity, did that come from royal direct? do you think that they may change that and offer that as an option?

Yes it is in the FAQ’s. Won’t change 

Edited by Ourusualbeach