Cruise with confidence enhanced

Just now, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

Can I assume this Lift & Shift does not apply to a cruise already cancelled by Royal?

My June 6th cruise was cancelled by Royal, & we were going to book the same ship for June 2021.

I would be starting from scratch at the current prices?

Correct

3 minutes ago, rockmom said:

@Ourusualbeach  As always, thanks for the great info. After scanning through the 8 pages of questions and answers, I think my situation will be perfect for the L&S option. I currently have a cruise booked on Adventure to Bermuda in October of this year, in a J3 on Deck 11, sailing out of NJ.  I have been hoping CWC would extend as I'm not sure I want to sail out of NJ this year (if the cruise isn't canceled). This same itinerary exists for next October, but instead of Adventure, the ship is now Freedom.  I had done some mock bookings a week ago to see what it would be-and it's almost $2000 more for the same junior suite.  I'm thinking I fall into the category that would qualify and be able to keep my current fare, stay in a J3 (all 8 are still open on the Freedom cruise next year).  Yes?  I'm dreading calling though as I see people are saying the reps aren't up to speed on this quite yet. The only thing that might be an issue was this was a cruise I booked via Next Cruise on my Allure sailing in 2019, but I'm hoping that doesn't matter.  I'd happily give up the measly $50 OBC to keep my current pricing for next year's sailing.  

yes you qualify and the next cruise obc carries through

13 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Now to get on the phone.  ugh. 

I feel for you. I have to go through my travel agent and she was not on the webinar call this morning so she doesn't know anything about it. I will have to tell her whats going on and what to do. Time to do all this myself or find a new TA...ugh for me.

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Only means there won't be many price drops, because they aren't going to fill the ships to the max anyway. If they are willing to sail 25%to 50% full, they have a plan, they know they will set price and that will be it.

Looks like they will be sailing full within months of opening up cruise sailings.

In the last 45 days, *****.com, an online cruise marketplace, has seen a 40% increase in bookings for 2021 compared with 2019, said Heidi M. Allison, president of the company. Only 11% of the bookings are from people whose 2020 trips were canceled, she said.

“People are still booking cruises and are anxious to sail again when this is all over,” she said.

In an analysis of the cruise industry, Swiss banking giant UBS wrote that cruise booking volume for 2021 was up 9% in the last 30 days compared with the same time last year.

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I feel for you. I have to go through my travel agent and she was not on the webinar call this morning so she doesn't know anything about it. I will have to tell her whats going on and what to do. Time to do all this myself or find a new TA...ugh for me.

TBH, I picked up more just by reading the info that is available to TA's on their website than I did from the webinar. (Webinars tend to just give bullet points and not a lot of detail)  TA's got an e mail from royal this morning long before the webinar

• Like 1

For my December 2020 cruise, the departure port and ship for that itinerary are different in 2021 and it would be better for me to lose the NRD and rebook!  The cruise would still be about $800 less than what I paid for the cruise for 2020.

Appreciate the heads up though because I've been wanting to move my September 2020 cruise out to that same date/ship for 2021 and for that cruise, it is a good deal!

So, if I have a San Juan cruise booked this year and they don't sail next year from San Juan, can I switch to any Caribbean cruise with the same number of days?  I am assuming this is a yes, but just confirming before I sit on hold for four hours.

Edited by jp2746

A head's up, we are considering the lift & shift for our 10/2020 cruise. We are currently OVB 8D and all I saw was 4D. She and supervisor weren't sure if categories had been recategorized and also wasn't aware of the 4 week b/4, after timeframe to rebook.  Asked me to screenshot it from RC website & send to them lol.  Sure no prob, am I now on RC's payroll 😂.  If we decide to lift & shift me thinks it's gonna entail a bottle of something stronger than beer next to me to get through the process.  🤣

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

So, if I have a San Juan cruise booked this year and they don't sail next year from San Juan, can I switch to any Caribbean cruise with the same number of days?  I am assuming this is a yes, but just confirming before I sit on hold for four hours.

Interested in this too.  We have same issue with our October booking this year.  The only same itinerary out of san juan is at the end of november which falls out of my 4 week window.  Ours was booked at GTY rate.  I don't see that option for next years options.

Edited by mack44

18 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Ken, you are a machine! Thanks for all the great info.

I’m starting a “Host Ourusualbeach” petition.

Ha!  Not a chance.  I like being able to help out where I can but don't ever want to feel like I'm tied to the computer.  Once this Covid 19 eases up a bit I do have my other job to go back to.  

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, MrsPhoenix91 said:

Regarding the Lift & Shift option, it states that the same itinerary type must be used.  Since our current November 30, 2020 itinerary is a 5 Night Western Caribbean, is that what must remain the same? 

Yes, length of cruise must stay the same

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

Departure port does not matter

23 minutes ago, Cutigerlady said:

For my December 2020 cruise, the departure port and ship for that itinerary are different in 2021 and it would be better for me to lose the NRD and rebook!  The cruise would still be about $800 less than what I paid for the cruise for 2020.

Appreciate the heads up though because I've been wanting to move my September 2020 cruise out to that same date/ship for 2021 and for that cruise, it is a good deal!

Departure port and ship do not matter.  

Length of cruise, and itinerary do

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

A head's up, we are considering the lift & shift for our 10/2020 cruise. We are currently OVB 8D and all I saw was 4D. She and supervisor weren't sure if categories had been recategorized and also wasn't aware of the 4 week b/4, after timeframe to rebook.  Asked me to screenshot it from RC website & send to them lol.  Sure no prob, am I now on RC's payroll 😂.  If we decide to lift & shift me thinks it's gonna entail a bottle of something stronger than beer next to me to get through the process.  🤣

Please keep us posted.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mack44 said:

Interested in this too.  We have same issue with our October booking this year.  The only same itinerary out of san juan is at the end of november which falls out of my 4 week window.  Ours was booked at GTY rate.  I don't see that option for next years options.

It doesn't have to be the exact same itinerary.  only the same length and basic itinerary  i.e. Caribbean.  It could also be a different departure port

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1