Cruise with confidence enhanced

5 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

One more question....we are in an 8D category, but I don't find that category on any of the Caribbean itineraries on Symphony of the Seas for 2021. So does the lift and shift program have to be the exact same category or can it just be an OVB? I see lots of 4D's available.

8D's were reclassified to 4D's

29 minutes ago, RC Twosome said:

Be VERY careful making any moves with these programs being proceeded by RCCL.   My wife and I have been "royally screwed" by this company under their earlier cancellation initiatives.  They have everything thought out - and their customers become their victims.  We are livid at the way they have responded to our circumstances - essentially caused by, and orchestrated by them.   They have screwed us, plain and simple.  We are both D+ but it doesnt matter to them

I went over this policy change in detail with my travel agency, and what I mentioned about going from a non-refundable to refundable is the only issue I had.  My non-refundable deposit on the cancelled cruise is coming to me in full as an FCC:  no change or cancellation fees.

RCCL is encouraging this to be a "buyer's market" temporarily.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

What if they booked after today?  Can they still lift and shift prior to August 1?

Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean International’s (RCI) “Cruise with Confidence” program allows individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before August 1, 2020, for cruises sailing between June 12, 2020 and April 30, 2022, to cancel their cruise up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and have the option to either (i) receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to the full amount of the cruise fare the guest paid for their cruise, or (ii) move their booking to an eligible alternate sailing and receive our “best price guarantee” for the re-booked sailing, or (iii) opt in for our “best price guarantee” on their current sailing. “Eligible alternate sailing” means a booking in the same stateroom category sailing with RCI on the same product and cruise length scheduled within four weeks before or four weeks after the date of the original sailing but in the subsequent year. For those sailings, RCI will protect the guest’s original price and/or promotion so long as the guest moves the eligible booking to the alternative sailing on or before August 1, 2020.

It seems like it is ok for people who book after today.  Have to call Royal Caribbean to confirm though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, irishgal432 said:

How do you check if the price went down on sold out categories?

You cant.

If you call they can give you a price as they ,maintain a System price so that it is there in the event of a cancellation 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

6 minutes ago, pcur said:

Jimbo, I just got off the phone with my travel agency, cancelling my 11/28/20 cruise. 

The August 1st date is the book by date.

The only glitch to this wonderful policy is if you want to switch from a non-refundable deposit to a refundable, you have to cancel, get an FCC for your non-refundable deposit, and then book the new cruise with a new refundable deposit.

I think my head is about to explode! non -refundable, refundable , non-refunadable and now NEW refundable......lol

3 hours ago, KsucAts said:

I guess I will find out soon as I expect my cruise to be canceled next week.  

I noticed the 125% FCC is not in the new policy, and it will stay in effect until 8/1/20.

9 minutes ago, pcur said:

I noticed the 125% FCC is not in the new policy, and it will stay in effect until 8/1/20.

At this point that is an unknown.  We will have to wait until the next round of sailings is cancelled.

My best guess is yes as there will be many that cannot cruise the same week next year..

I see having 3 options

1. refund

2. 125% FCC

3 Lift and Shift

Edited by Ourusualbeach

14 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

How do you check if the price went down on sold out categories?

You have to call them I did that once and got a price drop

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

I would like to switch B2B cruises on Oasis October 2020 to October 2021, leaving one day sooner, same itinerary only problem is my category 4D cabin 8206 has been upgraded to a 2D cabin 8206 (cabin is available on both cruises for 2021). This cabin has an angle balcony & I like mid-ship location. Can’t seem to find same 4D cabins for B2B cruises on deck 8 for 2021. Would like same cabin for both cruises. Available cabins are now either forward or aft & not the same cabin for both cruises. Not sure how RCL would handle this because it’s the same cabins I have for 2020 but now they changed the category. 

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think my head is about to explode! non -refundable, refundable , non-refunadable and now NEW refundable......lol

Let me explain more:

This is the way to go from a non-refundable to a refundable deposit.  It is also how to cancel a current booking and use the money for a future booking further than 4 weeks out.

1.  Cancel the existing booking.  Due to the current flexible policy, you will get the entire non-refundable deposit as an FCC.

2.  At the same time/same call book your new cruise for whenever, wherever you want.  This is NOT a Shift and Lift.  It's a new booking, BUT I wanted a refundable deposit.

3.  Take the FCC and use it to pay down the new cruise, or any you already have booked.

The only difference in what I've described above from "business as usual" is that I got a full FCC for my non-refundable deposit.  That saved me $200 right away.

I also got the same ship, same cabin category, same number of nights, almost the same itinerary for March 2022, with a refundable deposit, and saved $500 on the cruise price.

The only downside to this is I had to cough up another $500 deposit (refundable), which I would have done anyway if I had cancelled this cruise and taken my lumps with a change/cancel fee.

I'm in a win-win-win situation, and feeling good about all of this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

I would like to switch B2B cruises on Oasis October 2020 to October 2021, leaving one day sooner, same itinerary only problem is my category 4D cabin 8206 has been upgraded to a 2D cabin 8206 (cabin is available on both cruises for 2021). This cabin has an angle balcony & I like mid-ship location. Can’t seem to find same 4D cabins for B2B cruises on deck 8 for 2021. Would like same cabin for both cruises. Available cabins are now either forward or aft & not the same cabin for both cruises. Not sure how RCL would handle this because it’s the same cabins I have for 2020 but now they changed the category. 

You would have to call

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Some more details,

• NEW! Introducing Lift & Shift for those guests simply wishing to move their existing booking to next year. Eligible for rebooking between now and August 1, 2020, guests can protect their original price and promotional offering simply by selecting a future sailing on the same itinerary type, sailing length, stateroom category, and within the same 4-week period of their original cruise date same-time-next-year.

We currently have an 8 night Anthem cruise for Dec 19 of this year.

Next Dec, they only have a 7 night Anthem (Dec 24 - which would be same week) or 9 night new years week.

Wonder if they would honor Life & Shift for the 7 night?  Even though it's one day shorter, the same two rooms are $3300 more (yikes!)

Just now, LuCruise said:

We currently have an 8 night Anthem cruise for Dec 19 of this year.

Next Dec, they only have a 7 night Anthem (Dec 24 - which would be same week) or 9 night new years week.

Wonder if they would honor Life & Shift for the 7 night?  Even though it's one day shorter, the same two rooms are $3300 more (yikes!)

You would have to call.  They may or may not make an exception but the official terms say no.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, pcur said:

Let me explain more:

This is the way to go from a non-refundable to a refundable deposit.  It is also how to cancel a current booking and use the money for a future booking further than 4 weeks out.

1.  Cancel the existing booking.  Due to the current flexible policy, you will get the entire non-refundable deposit as an FCC.

2.  At the same time/same call book your new cruise for whenever, wherever you want.  This is NOT a Shift and Lift.  It's a new booking, BUT I wanted a refundable deposit.

3.  Take the FCC and use it to pay down the new cruise, or any you already have booked.

The only difference in what I've described above from "business as usual" is that I got a full FCC for my non-refundable deposit.  That saved me $200 right away.

I also got the same ship, same cabin category, same number of nights, almost the same itinerary for March 2022, with a refundable deposit, and saved $500 on the cruise price.

The only downside to this is I had to cough up another $500 deposit (refundable), which I would have done anyway if I had cancelled this cruise and taken my lumps with a change/cancel fee.

I'm in a win-win-win situation, and feeling good about all of this.

Difference Problem I might have though, I have $350 OBC I want carried over to new cruise.  Change booking number's usually the OBC is lost......

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Difference Problem I might have though, I have $350 OBC I want carried over to new cruise.  Change booking number's usually the OBC is lost......

OBC will only carry over if it is from redeployment, next cruise or goodwill OBC.  Everything else is lost.

@Ourusualbeach  As always, thanks for the great info. After scanning through the 8 pages of questions and answers, I think my situation will be perfect for the L&S option. I currently have a cruise booked on Adventure to Bermuda in October of this year, in a J3 on Deck 11, sailing out of NJ.  I have been hoping CWC would extend as I'm not sure I want to sail out of NJ this year (if the cruise isn't canceled). This same itinerary exists for next October, but instead of Adventure, the ship is now Freedom.  I had done some mock bookings a week ago to see what it would be-and it's almost $2000 more for the same junior suite.  I'm thinking I fall into the category that would qualify and be able to keep my current fare, stay in a J3 (all 8 are still open on the Freedom cruise next year).  Yes?  I'm dreading calling though as I see people are saying the reps aren't up to speed on this quite yet. The only thing that might be an issue was this was a cruise I booked via Next Cruise on my Allure sailing in 2019, but I'm hoping that doesn't matter.  I'd happily give up the measly $50 OBC to keep my current pricing for next year's sailing.  

Edited by rockmom

Can I assume this Lift & Shift does not apply to a cruise already cancelled by Royal?

My June 6th cruise was cancelled by Royal, & we were going to book the same ship for June 2021.

I would be starting from scratch at the current prices?

1 minute ago, rockmom said:

The only thing that might be an issue was this was a cruise I booked via Next Cruise on my Allure sailing in 2019, but I'm hoping that doesn't matter.  I'd happily give up the measly $50 OBC to keep my current pricing for next year's sailing.  

NextCruise OBC should follow you to the new booking too..so even more reason to go for it!

• Like 1