Host Clarea

I was off these boards for a few months, and have been reading them again the past month.  I noticed that Host Clarea hasn't been posting.  Did he give up that position?  Hoping all is well with him.  I hope it's okay that I posted this question.

Oh good for him!  I hope he and his wife enjoy a long and happy life in Florida!  He did a phenomenal job for the Cruise Critic community, always clear and concise with his information, and always kind.  

• Like 12

3 hours ago, KeywestK said:

Oh good for him!  I hope he and his wife enjoy a long and happy life in Florida!  He did a phenomenal job for the Cruise Critic community, always clear and concise with his information, and always kind.  

Agree, been on Cruise Critic since 1997 and seen many Members come and go. Even though he was on here few short yrs doubt there will be another like him...

• Like 6

20 hours ago, KeywestK said:

I was off these boards for a few months, and have been reading them again the past month.  I noticed that Host Clarea hasn't been posting.  Did he give up that position?  Hoping all is well with him.  I hope it's okay that I posted this question.

That was the first thing I noticed after having not been on the boards for a while. I have been wondering where he is also. I really miss his contribution to the discussions.

2 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Read Ourusualbeach Posts as much knowledge as anybody else probably more and also very helpful 

Yes, I agree.  There are other posters on these boards who are very knowledgeable, and I appreciate the information they provide.  My original post was not intended to lessen their contributions, but was just trying to learn what happened to Clarea. He was a very special presence here, and he will be missed.

Edited by KeywestK
  • Like 5

• 1 year later...
On 5/6/2020 at 2:51 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, been on Cruise Critic since 1997 and seen many Members come and go. Even though he was on here few short yrs doubt there will be another like him...

I've also been around many years and I remember someone named Kiki or something like that that was also very good. I don't know why they only seem to start dates at 2000 but it seems longer to me.

5 minutes ago, jsf said:

I've also been around many years and I remember someone named Kiki or something like that that was also very good. I don't know why they only seem to start dates at 2000 but it seems longer to me.

Old Cruise Critic was AOLs Cruise Critic 1997-2000. We had to start over new accounts in 2000. Didnt sign up right away, was attending an ARMY school but somewhere on here shows I'm member #300 and something

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bigeagle12 said:

Just recently getting back on Cruise Critic and can't believe Bob is no longer contributing his expertise.  He was the BEST !!!!

He's been off here for months, if not a year.

30 minutes ago, George C said:

This thread is a year old already , so he’s been off for a while .

I knew it had been a while.  I remember when he left, but I didn't even look at the date on this thread.

18 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Old Cruise Critic was AOLs Cruise Critic 1997-2000. We had to start over new accounts in 2000. Didnt sign up right away, was attending an ARMY school but somewhere on here shows I'm member #300 and something

I too was on the AOL Cruise Chat room and remember when it became this site. They deleted my account after a server change and I had to sign back up under my current name but took my time doing so as I was busy with life way back then and not cruising as often. Hence the 2003 instead of 1990 ish.

• Like 1