What Is Your Favorite Memory Of Princess Cruising?

Daniel A

We've had many memorable cruises on Princess, however the best would have to be...

July 2015, Coral Princess, southbound from Whittier. It was our 50th wedding anniversary. We had our children, their significant others and our grandchildren with us. The day of our anniversary, one son and his fiance got married and DH and I renewed our vows while leaving Glacier Bay.

• Like 2

Four favorite Princess memories:

#1:  Celebrating my first Christmas at sea aboard the original Royal Princess, a San Juan to Acapulco itinerary.

#2:  Delicious Fettuccine Alfredo in the MDR.

#3:  Original Royal Princess again:  a voyage from Fort Lauderdale to Manaus; the hassles with Brazilian Immigration Authorities at Macapu that resulted in our frustrated Captain to tell them:  You will finish your job today and not tomorrow or we are pulling the anchor and sailing elsewhere!

#4:  Upon embarking Coral Princess last July and discovering that I was now an Elite Princess cruiser.  

And, there are others as well! 

Favorite memory.... the crew particularly seeing them on another cruise and the way they welcome us like friends....

Favorite cruise..... the first one..... rough seas  missed ports... great food and excellent service....

In an aft suite on the Golden for 13 nights to Zealand.......

Did we like cruising after that.... we were hooked after two days......

Things learned from that cruise......  relax and enjoy... if you want something ask... and be nice to the crew....

We dined at Sabatini's 11 nights... the wait staff all want a turn to service us.... we were treated like royalty

It always bring a smile to our faces thinking about the first cruise and all the ones after....

We have most thing happen a small fire on board, person over board ( lucky a false alarm ), non working toilets, more rough sea and missed port..... but we had always had a great time.

Cheers Don 

• Like 2

My first Princess cruise, aboard the original Island Princess, from Southampton to Rome.  It was awesome to be on the Love Boat ship -- I felt like I was on television the whole time, and the itinerary, including an excursion to the Normandy landing beaches, was second to none.  Two inedible memories come from that voyage, both derived from the great good fortune of having a ship's officer dining at our table:

1.  The desserts each night were very "continental"; i.e., very little chocolate.   This was long before the "always available" Love Boat Dream (and no buffet/IC).  I did a little good-humored whining to my tablemates after about the fourth or fifth night in a row of no "good" dessert.  The next night, the waiter took orders for coffee but didn't present the dessert menu.  Instead, a few moments later, out came our waiter bearing a big, beautiful chocolate layer cake, fabulously decorated, arranged for by our officer.  It was delicious, too!  

2.  I was invited to be on the bridge for the sailaway from Rome.  That was absolutely spectacular!  I felt so special and it was just amazing to watch them navigate the ship out and see the view from there.

The officer was handsome and single, so there might be other memories, but I wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/15/2020 at 10:56 AM, PescadoAmarillo said:

Favorite Princess memory? Any of the many days we spent on the Pacific Princess in French Polynesia. That ship, those ports...it really couldn’t get much better. 

943DADE9-4502-4B0D-8868-0EB195F25C74.jpeg

Ahhh....Huahine.  What a magical place.

My favorite memories is going to the Chef’s Dinner. Different ships, different experiences, but all delicious melt in your mouth foods.  I even arranged one just for my Cruise Critic members, just 12 of us from our cruise just for our Cruise Critic Group. Enjoy my photos. 

BFD9FCF5-B1CF-4A8A-8FE0-8B8B02BC417B.jpeg

61FE4FCB-7222-460B-83A3-5AC326B5C7A0.jpeg

27E21A13-7F2E-41B3-A734-5CE31850C737.jpeg

E772516B-084E-4719-B45A-EEB921A158CA.jpeg

BBD136A2-1231-4B9B-B969-6AB85326B592.jpeg

DB14CB25-F010-4DD0-8FD9-A0853B0FF154.jpeg

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 1

Agree with others about so many happy memories, I’m going with a simpler experience which just makes me so happy every time I cruise, it’s the first time I see the ship and know I’m boarding it. I was as excited the first time I saw a cruise ship ‘up close’ and the last cruise which was our 8th. That and the first walk out onto the balcony with cocktail in hand and I feel all stress just leave me. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

My first Princess cruise, aboard the original Island Princess, from Southampton to Rome.  It was awesome to be on the Love Boat ship -- I felt like I was on television the whole time, and the itinerary, including an excursion to the Normandy landing beaches, was second to none.  Two inedible memories come from that voyage, both derived from the great good fortune of having a ship's officer dining at our table:

1.  The desserts each night were very "continental"; i.e., very little chocolate.   This was long before the "always available" Love Boat Dream (and no buffet/IC).  I did a little good-humored whining to my tablemates after about the fourth or fifth night in a row of no "good" dessert.  The next night, the waiter took orders for coffee but didn't present the dessert menu.  Instead, a few moments later, out came our waiter bearing a big, beautiful chocolate layer cake, fabulously decorated, arranged for by our officer.  It was delicious, too!  

2.  I was invited to be on the bridge for the sailaway from Rome.  That was absolutely spectacular!  I felt so special and it was just amazing to watch them navigate the ship out and see the view from there.

The officer was handsome and single, so there might be other memories, but I wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble. 

I think you meant to write INDELIBLE not INEDIBLE.  But it is a rather funny typo,

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Rascal1 said:

Agree with others about so many happy memories, I’m going with a simpler experience which just makes me so happy every time I cruise, it’s the first time I see the ship and know I’m boarding it. I was as excited the first time I saw a cruise ship ‘up close’ and the last cruise which was our 8th. That and the first walk out onto the balcony with cocktail in hand and I feel all stress just leave me. 

You have precisely articulated my sentiments - Thank you.

So many happy memories! Can my favorite memory have taken place after a cruise? We did a 5 day cruise, round trip San Francisco, back in late January of this year. We nearly didn't do that one, since hubby hates the notion of any cruise shorter than a week and we had on booked for late March of this year. But we did do the short one and had a great time. This cruise is my favorite memory, since I don't know when or if we'll ever cruise again. It's probably a "when" rather than an "if" but who can say right now.

• Like 2

Oh my goodness that’s tough; i could go on forever with them! I’d have to say the memory that summed up Princess‘s C.R.U.I.S..E creed best was...I was in Horizon Court looking for shrimp; they had had it every day of the cruise. Today, there was none, and I was super disappointed. I commented to my hubby my disappointment, and we went on gathering food. At our table about 5-10 minutes later, a chef appeared with an entire plate of shrimp for me!!!! I was stunned and so elated! That’s Princess! ❤️

10 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I think you meant to write INDELIBLE not INEDIBLE.  But it is a rather funny typo,

And I even proofread twice before I hit "Submit."   I think I was going for "incredible," but I do kinda  like inedible -- cause those menu desserts certainly were!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

FYI...I want to share my experience on the Pacific Princess & Princess considers that ship the Love Boat since it was the boat filmed on most often. I was on the 50th Anniversary Cruise on the Pacific Princess in December 2014 the only 14 day Mexico cruise that I have ever seen by Princess. See the Love Boat cast below. Something I’ll always remember plus it’s a once only cruise. A special shirt, only available for this cruise, has all of the Love Boat Cast’s names signed on the shirt. 

I also have a special Seiko 50th Anniversary Watch only sold during that year.  

All of the cast was very personable. 

image.thumb.jpeg.25896af1f4094d72a50d0ff074fedab4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d902849a448e6f22465da0afadad8266.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.41a740b10f3ba1bea3a828a1731e3bee.jpeg

• Like 4

Boarded the Crown Princess in San Pedro for a trip to Mexico.  We were a bit early so we picked up lunch at the buffet and went out on the aft deck to enjoy the SoCal weather for lunch.  The bartender, Reynaldo, saw me and said, "Welcome back Tom, can I get you a drink."   Should I be embarrassed that he remembered me?

• Haha 1

I have 2.  Maybe 3.

Our very first cruise.  On Grand.  I wanted to cancel, as final was due shortly after 9-11.  Princess made us an offer to sweet to pass up.  Had the pleasure of Graham Seymour as our CD.  Haven't had one as great since then.

Our first 14 nighter on Princess (Grand again) we had a corner aft.  We spent many an afternoon drinking back there with the best neighbors.  One of our best cruises.

Royal.  Loved the ship.

Edited by Mike&Nancy

17 hours ago, Re-tired said:

The bartender, Reynaldo, saw me and said, "Welcome back Tom, can I get you a drink."   Should I be embarrassed that he remembered me?

I have experienced that often and am always amazed at such recognition.  How do these crew members remember past guests?  Be embarrassed?  No.  Sometimes, I will recognize a crew member; sometimes, I don't.  I am just appreciative of the fact that the crew member cared enough to remember me!

ry%3D400

We took a bear watching tour with Island Wings --- destination Anan Creek.  This bear was spotted on our walkway just prior to us going down the path.  We all waited until our guide gave the "all clear."  Wonderful memories were made that day.  We are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sad that we will be missing Alaska this year. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

How close were you when you took this picture?

7 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Just checked with DH and he said approx. 15 feet. 

See social distancing really works!  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1