How to lift and switch

49 minutes ago, livylotte said:

Looks like I spoke too soon.  Only 2 out of the 3 bookings have appeared on Cruise Planner.

And guess who's booking has vanished? Mine 😩

It'll be because I'm on my own in a double cabin and it was a guarantee.

Will they have to assign me a cabin?

Other people with guarantees that switched to ships that did not have a guarantee were able to pick their cabin. Even guarantees  should show up on the cruise planner. 

I just did a Lift&Switch for Mariner 10/05/20 to 10/18/21 with same cabin and my OBC transferred. My travel agent was able to complete it in a very timely manner and the new cruise was in my account with the cruise planner up and running. It was easy peesy😊

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

OS on Empress 

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Same here

Kind of wish I had done that instead of what I did  OS from Explorer August 2020............to Harmony September 2021,  In hindsight, not even sure I want to go to Rome then because of Covid........might have been better to leave from a port in Florida.

Was $4000 for $12,000 OS though.......

I think we might just cancel when the times comes and take the $500 FCC and just do the Princess Alaska 10 day sailing we have in September 2021............One or the other was getting canceled anyway...........just making it easy for us to decide now.

I do think anyway, maybe a 12-14 day guided land tour is the way to see Europe best anyway rather then a cruise ship.

Thanks for letting me vent here outloud......

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Kind of wish I had done that instead of what I did  OS from Explorer August 2020............to Harmony September 2021,  In hindsight, not even sure I want to go to Rome then because of Covid........might have been better to leave from a port in Florida.

Was $4000 for $12,000 OS though.......

I think we might just cancel when the times comes and take the $500 FCC and just do the Princess Alaska 10 day sailing we have in September 2021............One or the other was getting canceled anyway...........just making it easy for us to decide now.

I do think anyway, maybe a 12-14 day guided land tour is the way to see Europe best anyway rather then a cruise ship.

Thanks for letting me vent here outloud......

My Empress OS was $3500 Harmony one was $7800

20 minutes ago, molly361 said:

My Empress OS was $3500 Harmony one was $7800

We have been in a OS one other time on Freedom when there was an IT glitch when the cabins were priced wrong, this would have been our second time in a OS.....no big deal I guess.

The Alaska Cruise is $7000 for a  S6 Vista Suite Aft Corner  10 days

• Day 1: Vancouver
    • Wed Sep 15 2021 | Depart 04:30 PM
    • Day 2: At Sea
    • Thu Sep 16 2021 |
    • Day 3: Juneau
    • Fri Sep 17 2021 | 01:30 PM To 09:00 PM
    • Day 4: Skagway
    • Sat Sep 18 2021 | 06:00 AM To 08:30 PM
    • Day 5: Glacier Bay
    • Sun Sep 19 2021 | 07:00 AM To 03:30 PM
    • Day 6: Hubbard Glacier
    • Mon Sep 20 2021 | 07:00 AM To 01:00 PM
    • Day 7: Icy Strait Point
    • Tue Sep 21 2021 | 07:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 8: Sitka
    • Wed Sep 22 2021 | 07:00 AM To 05:00 PM
    • Day 9: Ketchikan
    • Thu Sep 23 2021 | 08:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 10: At Sea
    • Fri Sep 24 2021 |
    • Day 11: Vancouver
    • Sat Sep 25 2021 | Arrive 07:30 AM

My Lift & Switch was completed today from your July 20 Grandeur cruise to the Enchantment July 21 cruise. same number of days and itinerary.

Question though. If the new cruise costs less than the old cruise, do you get a refund or OBC for the difference or just a big old "blowing a raspberry" from Royal?

2 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

My Lift & Switch was completed today from your July 20 Grandeur cruise to the Enchantment July 21 cruise. same number of days and itinerary.

Question though. If the new cruise costs less than the old cruise, do you get a refund or OBC for the difference or just a big old "blowing a raspberry" from Royal?

You should have just used the CWC option, free to move your money over to any cruise you want without the $100 change fee. or opted for the 125% FCC since your cruise was canceled, then you would have had even more money to use for a possible upgrade.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

You will be able to take advantage of the CWC price drop policy.  Usually it’s a reduction of the fare before final payment and OBC after final payment but since you have paid in full very early because of the L&S I suspect that you will get OBC.  

1 minute ago, Blizzard54 said:

I booked 3 JS's on Empress and shifted to 2 Jewel and 1 Oasis.  Worked out nice.   

This will be our first OS. 

All that's left category wise now is the CL

We're one and done with STAR

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

This will be our first OS. 

All that's left category wise now is the CL

We're one and done with STAR

This will be our 2nd 3rd and 4th in JS.  Have not done higher on Royal but have had suites on other lines. 

My one fear is that she might get use to the idea of booking higher.

Edited by Blizzard54
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

This will be our 2nd 3rd and 4th in JS.  Have not done higher on Royal but have had suites on other lines. 

My one fear is that she might get use to the idea of booking higher.

I've only had one, you have me beat. It had a bath tub. I only take showers. If your wife is like me, it was a nice big cabin and balcony, would have preferred a shower.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You will be able to take advantage of the CWC price drop policy.  Usually it’s a reduction of the fare before final payment and OBC after final payment but since you have paid in full very early because of the L&S I suspect that you will get OBC.  

Would I need to call the TA to take advantage of that or will it be automatic?

Has there been any successful shifts from East/West Caribbean to Southern or have they been restricting the shifts to East/West (within the Caribbean)? I’ve had two shifts from West to East and was thinking of another one to the South

40 minutes ago, weejasser said:

Has there been any successful shifts from East/West Caribbean to Southern or have they been restricting the shifts to East/West (within the Caribbean)? I’ve had two shifts from West to East and was thinking of another one to the South

The only one I’ve read about was a south to an east as there were no southern itineraries out of SJ in the summer. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I've only had one, you have me beat. It had a bath tub. I only take showers. If your wife is like me, it was a nice big cabin and balcony, would have preferred a shower.

I remember the one we had.  It was a bit of a pain with the tub.  Had to climb in to take a shower. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The only one I’ve read about was a south to an east as there were no southern itineraries out of SJ in the summer. 

Ken,

You seem to be pretty optimistic to be booking the Ovation for 3021  🙂