How to lift and switch

4 minutes ago, MechE31 said:

Had a similar issue moving from Allure in December to Harmony in December 2021. They moved us to the same room without issue.

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, rotty2 said:

I am looking to do the same. Have an 8D balcony on Harmony and want to switch to Symphony. For 2021 there are no longer any 8D's  on Symphony they will be re-categorized to  4D. Should that be a problem?

Sorry I wish I knew the answer but I switched for a 2D to a 2D

Good Luck

Question - just did a shift to a sailing for next year (same boat - approximately same date, etc).  Did the switch but received an email with an invoice stating the new price for that cruise (and showing that I now have a balance). 

The rep that I spoke with said that the price protection would take 48-72 hours to appear. Should I be worried?

4 minutes ago, BeagleAgility said:

Question - just did a shift to a sailing for next year (same boat - approximately same date, etc).  Did the switch but received an email with an invoice stating the new price for that cruise (and showing that I now have a balance). 

The rep that I spoke with said that the price protection would take 48-72 hours to appear. Should I be worried?

That doesn't sound right.  My invoice was immediate.

5 minutes ago, firefox247 said:

They started doing that last week, Wednesday I believe supposed to save time on the phone.  I think now they are saying 14 days for an invoice with the updated price.  I shifted mine last week(via TA)  and do not have an updated invoice yet

Edited by molly361

1 hour ago, BeagleAgility said:

1 hour ago, firefox247 said:

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

They started doing that last week, Wednesday I believe supposed to save time on the phone.  I think now they are saying 14 days for an invoice with the updated price.  I shifted mine last week(via TA)  and do not have an updated invoice yet

Ellen is correct.  They put in a back end process to handle the price changes last Wednesday.  Royal is now saying 14 days for the change.  While this is a long wait it has drastically sped up the process on the phone with most List and switches taking 5 minutes.

UPDATE. I called yesterday which was my final day to cancel. I waited for a little over an hour on hold. The first thing I asked the representative was for a refund on my credit card.

They put me on hold for a few more minutes and said that the money will be back on my card in 30-35 days., Minus about $100 which will be in FCC, because $50 was a gift card and I assume the other $50 was just non refundable. I didn't ask many questions, I'll probably end up never using the FCC. (I had a non refundable deposit)

Now the part that I thought of after I got off the phone. That was too easy! Am I really going to get my refund? I have had similar experience during the swine flu situation and was told certain things to get me off the phone. I guess we will see in about a month, if I don't then I guess I'll have to fight with them then to try to just give me a lift and switch or something of the like since they lied...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Hawg11 said:

UPDATE. I called yesterday which was my final day to cancel. I waited for a little over an hour on hold. The first thing I asked the representative was for a refund on my credit card.

They put me on hold for a few more minutes and said that the money will be back on my card in 30-35 days., Minus about $100 which will be in FCC, because $50 was a gift card and I assume the other $50 was just non refundable. I didn't ask many questions, I'll probably end up never using the FCC. (I had a non refundable deposit)

Now the part that I thought of after I got off the phone. That was too easy! Am I really going to get my refund? I have had similar experience during the swine flu situation and was told certain things to get me off the phone. I guess we will see in about a month, if I don't then I guess I'll have to fight with them then to try to just give me a lift and switch or something of the like since they lied...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

What happened to Switching to Symphony for 2021 using the lift and switch. Prices protected.

On 5/17/2020 at 7:36 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

For the most part the6 are sticking with east to east and west to west.  Also if one has western with perfect day you must switch to another western with perfect day not just western 

what about the oppossite, I have western only, I dont see that itinerary for 2022. Only Western + Perfect Day 

29 minutes ago, Deseo1578 said:

what about the oppossite, I have western only, I dont see that itinerary for 2022. Only Western + Perfect Day 

What month, I see , Rhaspody,  Allure and Majesty of the Seas in January 2022  7 nighters

Edited by Jimbo

If I want to switch Oasis November, 2020 for Oasis November, 2021 - what exactly are the restrictions?

November 2020 - Oasis departs from Ft Lauderdale and November 2021 from Miami - is that a deal breaker?

The 2020 itinerary is not available for 2021 - still Caribbean, but different ports - is that a deal breaker?

Anything else I should know about?

5 hours ago, BeagleAgility said:

no, I am still waiting for them to correct the prices.  One is fixed, but 2 more to go

17 minutes ago, mek said:

If I want to switch Oasis November, 2020 for Oasis November, 2021 - what exactly are the restrictions?

November 2020 - Oasis departs from Ft Lauderdale and November 2021 from Miami - is that a deal breaker?

The 2020 itinerary is not available for 2021 - still Caribbean, but different ports - is that a deal breaker?

It has to be the same time frame and basically the same itin, so not sure if it will work if you have different ports.  Going out of MIA vs FLL is not a deal breaker,  but the ports might be, but as long as the length of the cruise is the same, it might work.  All  you can do is call and ask.

21 minutes ago, mek said:

what sailing date is it nov 2020

27 minutes ago, mek said:

I swapped from Harmony Western itinerary dep PC to Symphony Eastern dep Miami the following year no probs - both did include Perfect Day, other than that totally different ports

1 minute ago, weejasser said:

I swapped from Harmony Western itinerary dep PC to Symphony Eastern dep Miami the following year no probs - both did include Perfect Day, other than that totally different ports

Thanks.  Only reason I'm asking is I was on hold with Royal for an hour this afternoon and finally gave up as I'm not ready to make a decision right now. 

I'll call them early in the morning or really late and hope I have better luck.

33 minutes ago, mek said:

The port or the embarkation port do not matter.

Itinerary length, itinerary type, stateroom category and within a 4 week window 1 year away are the criteria

6 minutes ago, weejasser said:

That's nice to hear, they had denied some people switching west to east

18 minutes ago, karena1 said:

It has to be the same time frame and basically the same itin, so not sure if it will work if you have different ports.  Going out of MIA vs FLL is not a deal breaker,  but the ports might be, but as long as the length of the cruise is the same, it might work.  All  you can do is call and ask.

Ports don't matter.  It is itinerary type

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ports don't matter.  It is itinerary type

I pretty much agree.  But sometimes the eastern is way more than the western, so that is why I said the itin type might make a difference.  Best is to call and ask and see if they can do it.  I have done it but it was the same itin so was not an issue.