Celebrity's 30th Birthday - Gift of 30 bonus Captain Club points

Luv2Crus40

Happy 30th Birthday Celebrity - I wish you many more years and many more years of my enjoying Celebrity cruises. 

I got an email from them celebrating their birthday and saying that they are giving out 30 bonus Captain Club points on any booking through 5-29-20. 

Has anyone tried to get the points with an existing booking?

I booked another cruise for December a few days ago, just before the 30 point offer came out and missed it, however I am waiting as we speak for my girl at

OVC to call Celebrity and recreate the booking to allow me to get the 30 points. Hopefully it will work.

My Celebrity Travel Planner just told me that they aren't allowed to give pre-booked cruises the 30 bonus points.  We just recently used the loyalty 10% bonus to upgrade to concierge with three perks so will leave it alone for now and not chance it getting messed up by re-booking.

5 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

My Celebrity Travel Planner just told me that they aren't allowed to give pre-booked cruises the 30 bonus points.  We just recently used the loyalty 10% bonus to upgrade to concierge with three perks so will leave it alone for now and not chance it getting messed up by re-booking.

I totally agree! I'm not typically quite THIS excited about future promos, but I had just waited for so long for our first on Infinity before the pandemic, seriously made my week. I may or may not have stared lovingly at it before I went to bed each night;).

24 minutes ago, Homestyle said:

I booked a cruise yesterday, should this be included?

If you are a Captains Club member (Classic & above) it should be included, contact your agent to ensure it

On 5/29/2020 at 11:41 AM, Homestyle said:

I booked a cruise yesterday, should this be included?

**Captain's Club Member Bonus Point Offer: applies to new individual bookings. Offer applies to new Celebrity sailings booked between 26/05/20 – 29/05/20. Captain's Club Members ("CC Members) residing in the US, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland are eligible to receive 30 Captain’s Club Bonus Points when they make a booking between 26/05/20 – 29/05/20. The offer applies to each CC Member in a stateroom. All Captain’s Club members, Classic and above, are eligible to participate in this offer.

We booked a cruise on the 28th for May 2022, which should include the 30 extra points. 
No where on the booking does it say that we have the extra points.  We were advised that they just go on the booking date, so I guess we have to wait 2 years to find out.

We have been sailing with Celebrity since 94 and we never receive emails with this kind of content.  How were we supposed to know about this?  I have just seen it and it's now expired.  Thank you Celebrity.  

It wasn't a separate e-mail.  It was buried in the May 26th Celebrity monthly newsletter email.  The offer began on the 22nd, FOUR days before I even received their email and was only good until May 29th.  That only gave me a few days to check it out.  My Celebrity travel planner advised they were specifically told it was not applicable for bookings made before 5/22.  😡

• Thanks 1

The cruise line is desperate to get bookings and maintain the loyal customers of years gone by yet are penny pinching over a miserable 30 points for loyal customers who have already committed to the cruise line. This is extremely petty and narrow minded especially as there is no guarantee that cruises will recommence in the short term.

We changed from a two cancelled cruises to two further cancelled cruises and are fighting for refunds. The benefits on offer for changing I assume are well and truly gone as we will be unless something happens soon

Oh well I guess I screwed this one up.  I read the details in the email and in my mind I thought it went through the end of May just like the 10% CC discount so I took my time and booked on May 31.  Got the discount and assumed I had met the deadline for the 30 points too.  After reading the comments here I now realized I was wrong.  I doubt it will really matter in the long run,  30 points isn't the reason I will probably never make Zenith.

Sorry you missed the bonus.  We rebooked in May and just missed by a few days and was told they couldn't give them to me either.  It was very poor planning on their part to send out notice of the bonus points 4 days after it started.

7 hours ago, Beanb41 said:

The cruise line is desperate to get bookings and maintain the loyal customers of years gone by yet are penny pinching over a miserable 30 points for loyal customers who have already committed to the cruise line. This is extremely petty and narrow minded especially as there is no guarantee that cruises will recommence in the short term.

We changed from a two cancelled cruises to two further cancelled cruises and are fighting for refunds. The benefits on offer for changing I assume are well and truly gone as we will be unless something happens soon

Posts like this make one wonder why there are special offers at all if this is the reaction. There will be start dates. Cut off dates. If I were Celebrity I'd not even bother with such promos with the goodwill it creates with some. You said it. All for a miserable 30 Captain's Club points. 

Phil 

• Like 3

On 6/1/2020 at 6:23 PM, Beanb41 said:

Sounds like you will be gone, as also here in the U.S. and the UK, many are still waiting for refunds (read the various threads, if one has not done so already).

Some receive refunds and FCC's quicker than others. Not sure IF 'fighting' for your refund will get it to you any quicker, but I do know it will get you frustrated, because it is not in your desired time frame to receive it.

Many do need the refund(s) quicker than others due to current financial circumstances beyond their control, yet we have to wait just like everyone else, but hope for quicker does spring eternal, for sure.

Desperate or not, the program is a way for X to get members of CC to book new sailings, pure and simple, not for those of us who may 'never' sail them again over cancellations of sailings and doing their best to get refunds and FCC's and helping those who need to use those FCC's more timely. Resulting in long wait times to have an agent to pick up the phone and etc.

For those who believe that the '30 points' are miserable, take two (2) aspirins or whatever headache medicinal one takes, have a glass of wine or other beverage of choice, listen to your favourite symphony or jazz collection and never read about such promos while this is all going on... this way one will never know about how 'miserable' things can be while wading through the process.

I do not blame you for being frustrated, yet be measured with it and appropriate for sure with the understanding that you are not the only one who is in this situation/position.

Please remember that there are a good number of us who will continue to book sailings with X and other cruise lines and this only sweetens the pot, for us.

bon voyage