Suite Privileges and Amenities Traveling with Non-Suite Guest

nycruiser80

Tried searching for this and I couldn't find it. If I were to travel in a Window Suite say on the Grand Princess and I had a friend traveling solo staying in an inside cabin could that friend join us for dinner in the Club Class dining area? Would they be able to join us at the suite mimosa breakfast?

3 minutes ago, franktown said:

No.  Tried on the Regal and are friends were not allowed to join us even after much pleading.  Joined them in the regular MDR a couple of times.

Did you not find the begging to be embarrassing to you and your friends ... and uncomfortable for the staff dealing with you?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nycruiser80 said:

Tried searching for this and I couldn't find it. If I were to travel in a Window Suite say on the Grand Princess and I had a friend traveling solo staying in an inside cabin could that friend join us for dinner in the Club Class dining area? Would they be able to join us at the suite mimosa breakfast?

Nope. Suite perks are for those actually in the suites.

If they let folks who didn't book the suite enjoy the same perks, what would be the point? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Did you not find the begging to be embarrassing to you and your friends ... and uncomfortable for the staff dealing with you?

Maybe pleading was the wrong choice of words.  I asked Maitre d the day before during lunch so my friends were not with me.  

• Like 1

Thank you all. I realize the amenities are for paid suite guests.  Wasn't sure about the dining scenario especially when there is a couple who are in a suite and when traveling with a single in a standard cabin. Celebrity does allow a non-suite guest into Luminea or at least they did on a Celeb cruise I did a few years ago, maybe they put a stop to this I don't know. I had stayed in a Sky Suite with my partner and when I asked if my single friend in an inside cabin could join us in Luminea they allowed it. We didn't dine every night at Luminea but when we did they obliged very easily.

Edited by nycruiser80

19 minutes ago, nycruiser80 said:

Thank you all. I realize the amenities are for paid suite guests.  Wasn't sure about the dining scenario especially when there is a couple who are in a suite and when traveling with a single in a standard cabin. Celebrity does allow a non-suite guest into Luminea or at least they did on a Celeb cruise I did a few years ago, maybe they put a stop to this I don't know. I had stayed in a Sky Suite with my partner and when I asked if my single friend in an inside cabin could join us in Luminea they allowed it. We didn't dine every night at Luminea but when we did they obliged very easily.

21 minutes ago, franktown said:

Maybe pleading was the wrong choice of words.  I asked Maitre d the day before during lunch so my friends were not with me.  

Thanx for clarifying ... sorry I didn't give you credit for good judgement and manners ... I apologize for that

As others have said, the suite breakfast only applies to the guests staying in the suite.  As for Club Class, when we were traveling with friends who were not staying in a suite last year on the Sapphire, when presenting ourselves at the Club Class podium, we were seated in an area adjacent to the Club Class dining area.  We were not allowed to avail ourselves of the special food item but that that was fine.  It was the immediate seating that was a benefit to us, and being able to dine with our friends.  You might want to inquire about that.

The other thing that we were able to do is order off the MDR menu through room service for all 4 of us.  We only did that on one occasion but there was no problem at all.  Of course we tipped accordingly.

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

As others have said, the suite breakfast only applies to the guests staying in the suite.  As for Club Class, when we were traveling with friends who were not staying in a suite last year on the Sapphire, when presenting ourselves at the Club Class podium, we were seated in an area adjacent to the Club Class dining area.  We were not allowed to avail ourselves of the special food item but that that was fine.  It was the immediate seating that was a benefit to us, and being able to dine with our friends.  You might want to inquire about that.

The other thing that we were able to do is order off the MDR menu through room service for all 4 of us.  We only did that on one occasion but there was no problem at all.  Of course we tipped accordingly.

Thank you for this! 

• Like 1

"The other thing that we were able to do is order off the MDR menu through room service for all 4 of us.  We only did that on one occasion but there was no problem at all.  Of course we tipped accordingly."

I might add, ask your steward for daily MDR menus for your room.

• Like 1

As a suite passenger, you can also make reservations in the any time dining room. They limit reservations there to about 1/3 of the tables, unless you are a suite passenger. We always stay in a suite, and when traveling with others who are not, we reserve a table in any time dining for all of us. We get to eat with our friends at the time we want and have the same waiter every night - just aren't eating on Club Class. And as others have mentioned, you can order for as many people you want for room service.  

1 minute ago, frugaltravel said:

Why is it OK to share the minibar benefit but not the laundry benefit? 

well, since you asked … the minibar is a defined / set by number benefit - whereas 'free laundry' is not limited to a certain amount

kinda, sorta, maybe like a coffee plan - that allow the sharing of the set number of specialty coffees, but the unlimited free brew to on the holder

• Like 1

No and No. If they allowed this the club class would be overwhelmed. Last year at the mimosa breakfast a suite guest came in with wife and daughter on Twitter first morning. 

. Daughter was in a non suite cabin. During breakfast they were told that the daughter could no return in the future. 

7 hours ago, franktown said:

No.  Tried on the Regal and are friends were not allowed to join us even after much pleading.  Joined them in the regular MDR a couple of times.

Why would you think that non-suite passengers would be entitled to suite privileges?  After all, they did not pay for them.

DON

Being in a suite I think you should get a free meal at a speciality restaurant on the first night. Perhaps your friend could pay for their meal and join you for the first night. This could work out if they are in any time dining otherwise if they are in traditional they may want to meet their dining companions on the first night.

We choose fixed time dining last time we were in class class for our evening meal and linked our booking with our non club class friends, we found once on board that we had been given a different restaurant to our friends (we did have a linked twid code), so if you go down this route check that you have the same table as them.

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

Why would you think that non-suite passengers would be entitled to suite privileges?  After all, they did not pay for them.

DON

If you don't know for sure, it's always better to ask and find out later that it would have been okay and missed out. Sometimes something that you don't believe could possibly be true actually is.

Tom

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Have fun with your window suite; if you choose to book one.  Here is pic of window suite on SKY Princess

image.png.1c3f1becbd092dd48e3f4199236480f5.png

Thank you! This looks wonderful! I am actually looking at a window suite on the Grand for a Baltics cruise next year but I have to put this one on my bucket list.