5 minutes ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

I agree. Saw an interesting article that getting people to wear masks for the community benefits is tough when people won't return shopping carts to the corrals in parking lots. <sigh> 🙂

i always return my cart. 😊 But if I’m one of only 3 people wearing a mask in my grocery store  (besides employees who pull them down to talk) ...what’s the point? All this pontificating sounds a bit weird in other parts of the country. Just saying....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, davekathy said:

Like I said, we'd wear a mask if the requirement is mandatory and enforced! You're welcome. More room on the ship for us. Bon Voyage...🤣🥂

And more room in the CL/DL/SL 😄 😄 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, hazence said:

i always return my cart. 😊 But if I’m one of only 3 people wearing a mask in my grocery store  (besides employees who pull them down to talk) ...what’s the point? All this pontificating sounds a bit weird in other parts of the country. Just saying....

hazence - good to see you back and glad you are not contributing to the issue that is leading 3 SC communities to be in the country top 30 hot spots.

https://www.wistv.com/2020/06/16/three-sc-metropolitan-areas-currently-among-top-hot-spots-america-covid-/

Hopefully your magical zip code is not among them. 😉

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

By more room, does empty count? If people don't start wearing masks social distancing, and listening to the advise of the experts (besides the ones on CC), the ships won't sail until a vaccine comes out, if there still is a cruise industry.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Where there won't be masks because everyone is always drinking or eating something in there.

Most likely...but I can do this if needed:     😄 😄   Just joking...we will probably do what we have been doing the last few cruises....just have a glass of wine on our balcony for HH.  😉 

il_340x270.2343576810_6qvw.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hazence said:

Let’s remember on this particular board we are here to discuss cruising not an essential service  to sustain life. 

There are many vacation options....cruising is just one of them. Cruising is also an particular “experience“.... that is the reason for spending money to vacation on a ship. That experience is a about dining, shows, activities that include many other people. It includes ports where one mingles in crowds of locals. It includes crowded pools and show venues. All of these things do involve risk of some kind of viral infection...we have seen this well before COVID.

Some posters here are willing to assume that risk to have the same sort of wonderful experience that cruising has always provided for them. Others want an environment that is as risk free as possible...and that means imposing their needs or fears on others...and altering the cruise experience of others, so they can be included.

Again, cruising is one of many vacation options. Maybe the selfish ones are those who are demanding cruising be altered even if it spoils the vacation experience for others who don’t share their fears?

One can rent an oceanfront hotel room with a balcony facing the sea and have room service deliver all your meals...and thereby avoid crowds, unmasked people, and buffets. Some of the comments on here are so fearful and demanding of no risk cruising, it would be near impossible to enjoy “the experience”...it would be so changed, confining, and regimental. 

Why would any of us who are in open up areas spend money to “vacation” in those circumstances?

totally agree with you.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

That's right. We'll be in the DL for sure.🍷 I'll do my part by protecting others by drinking more to get the alcohol content higher in my bloodstream. 🤣 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

... (besides the ones on CC),

Including you. But then again everyone still has a right to their opinion. We don't live in a bubble or have our heads buried in the sand either. We hope there will be a vaccine in the near future. Nothing to do with cruising. That line will form behind us. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

That's right. We'll be in the DL for sure.🍷 I'll do my part by protecting others by drinking more to get the alcohol content higher in my bloodstream. 🤣 

Oh what a great idea!!  Much tastier than drinking bleach/disinfectants.  😵😜😂😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Maybe those will show up in next weeks increase? 

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I could have sworn there was a big funeral in and around Houston with masses of people?  Several other States too. I guess the media and others don’t think these events contributed to the spread of CV19?  

Personally, this is a little too much!

Not very funny nor thoughtful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Personally, this is a little too much!

Not very funny nor thoughtful. 

So, you don’t think the crowds we have seen over the past few weeks have contributed to the spread?  Indoor crowds in 3 locations and not much social distancing. It wasn’t funny. It was sad. 

M8

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Wearing a mask on a cruise is not making a vacation any fun at all. If a person is healthy, catching the virus would probably not be anything at all. So much you can catch from other people and we never gave it much thought till now. 

good comments on this page.  AZ is now a "hot spot" but not quite sure what that is saying.  We all need to be smart and practice good hygiene.  I have worn a mask at Costco and on a plane.  As I have already said, I will not be cruising with a mask and will do some great road trips for a while.  Can't wait to get back to cruising!  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Why do you think it’s me deleting your posts. I’d be the last soul on earth before they made me an admin. I suggest you go read the rules for posting. 

Peace

M8

I've read the rules for postings. Been on CC to many years to not know these rules. 

Help me to understand if you take offense to my postings referencing  you. 

I thought maybe you took offense and complained to the monitor. If you didn't, I apologize thinking that you did. 

It just seemed strange that two of my postings in response to you were immediately deleted. 

Maybe the term hog was misinterpreted.  With your background, I assumed we would both understand that HOG was a motorcycle or bike.

Did you see the pic I posted? That was really some work.

27 minutes ago, Oxo said:

I thought maybe you took offense and complained to the monitor. If you didn't, I apologize thinking that you did. 

I think most of us have little interest in reporting posts.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think most of us have little interest in reporting posts.

I fully agree with you. But,  what would you think if two of you posts, within a 2 hour period, were deleted? 

I know they were posted as I keep track of what I post.

Just now, Oxo said:

I fully agree with you. But,  what would you think if two of you posts, within a 2 hour period, were deleted? 

I know they were posted as I keep track of what I post.

I’ve had the same experience.

I just assumed that perhaps the “conversation” was perceived as becoming a bit heated...and the posts were removed to calm the waters of the discussion a bit.

Though why ANY of my charming, unopinionated, and congenial posts should ever be construed in that manner...remains a unfathomable mystery to me to this day. 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 3