36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How do you do that? I'm not trying to get further on your bad side.😉😊

My bad!  Required while going in and out of eating venues.  I assume the seating will be arranged appropriately distanced for a while.

(she said, getting to like the "new" Ocean Boy more and more.............................😁)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

That is silly.  There literally is no one that wants you to be forced to take a cruise and wear a mask.  Don't want to wear a mask on a cruise and wiling to stay home?   Why would anyone have an issue with that?

And I am curious since I have been emphatically told that you are a physician, why are you so anti-mask?  Not being combative in any way, but honestly am really curious. 

As I have mentioned before I find them very fatiguing. When I was in residency I would get very fatigued in longer surgical procedures. Whether it was from standing in one place for a long time, the mental processes of the procedure, the mask, or a combination of all three I don't know. But I do know I always felt such relief as soon as that mask came off my face. That is my experience.  I can tolerate it for short periods when needed for work. Vacation is a completely different story.

I have mentioned other reasons along the way. I'm not going into it again. This whole subject is tiring and people are pretty set in their thoughts.

As for calling my post silly, you are entitled to your opinion. My opinion is that is how some on here have come across.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

And yet Belgium which is practically a neighbor had twice the death rate.

I think a better comparison would be to Netherlands (which is a neighbor) which had much more relaxed rules and like Sweden had about 1/2 the death rate of Belgium.

44 minutes ago, Lazz said:

Here is a recent You Tube Video about the dangers of wearing a mask.  My wife, a retired practicing physician of over 35 years, has made expressed these same concerns.  I hope You Tube does not delete it.

This guy made some of the same points that I have made in the past.

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This guy made some of the same points that I have made in the past.

I take my info from all kinds of sources.  I listened to the whole video with interest.  Then did some research.

This guy is anti-vax, anti-Bill Gates.  Big MAGA promoter.  None of which in any way negates his opinion.

But it sure does color it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lazz said:

Here is a recent You Tube Video about the dangers of wearing a mask.  My wife, a retired practicing physician of over 35 years, has made expressed these same concerns.  I hope You Tube does not delete it.

Who is this guy? Is he an epidemiologist or some other type of expert on this topic?

16 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Who is this guy? Is he an epidemiologist or some other type of expert on this topic?

My wife ,an RN working in a hospital for 37 years believes that masks must be worn.

My niece ,an MD for 20 years agrees with my wife.

I am sure that besides your spouse and the You Tube doctor there are others who differ.

I suffer from 13 illnesses.I have not felt worse from wearing a mask.I will continue to do so.

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife ,an RN working in a hospital for 37 years believes that masks must be worn.

My niece ,an MD for 20 years agrees with my wife.

I am sure that besides your spouse and the You Tube doctor there are others who differ.

I suffer from 13 illnesses.I have not felt worse from wearing a mask.I will continue to do so.

Our Daugher, RN in Kansas largest hospital with 37 years experience in all departments believes like most of her fellow workers that people should wear masks. 

In 2 postings we have 7 people who say wear a mask. 

Mask wearers win. 7 to 1. LOL

• Like 1

First they say that the homemade masks will not stop the virus as the RNA is too small for the “filter” effect.  Now the issue is the mask will stop the flow of O2, which is a significantly smaller particle and a gas.  

I think you can find an “expert” to support any position you want.

I have not worn a mask for more than 30 minutes (Costco), So don’t know how it would be for extended periods of time, but 30 minutes was no big deal.

As far as masks stoping the virus, remember trees in the winter are 95% air, yet my golf ball never gets thru 

7 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Our Daugher, RN in Kansas largest hospital with 37 years experience in all departments believes like most of her fellow workers that people should wear masks. 

In 2 postings we have 7 people who say wear a mask. 

Mask wearers win. 7 to 1. LOL

My cousin,an MD in Topeka ,Kansas agrees with us too.

Edited by lenquixote66

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I think a better comparison would be to Netherlands (which is a neighbor) which had much more relaxed rules and like Sweden had about 1/2 the death rate of Belgium.

Thanks Biker, and Germany, also is a direct neighbor of Belgium and there numbers are even lower, although I believe they might have been a bit more tightly closed down.  

The point is that people who read headlines on Yahoo, don’t bother to look at the actual statistics, and add the headlines into their talking point diatribes.

Not to mention the distance between Stockholm and Brussels is less than 800 miles as the crow flies, or as calculated using the great circle method.  

jc

Edited by xpcdoojk

3 hours ago, Lazz said:

Thank you so much for this video. I started sharing it via all my social networks. This is exactly what I was telling people every day that these masks are useless unless you can change it every year and be sure to touch it or move around. This guy said everything the same way I was telling my friends and relatives and I am not even a doctor 

3 hours ago, ECCruise said:

I take my info from all kinds of sources.  I listened to the whole video with interest.  Then did some research.

This guy is anti-vax, anti-Bill Gates.  Big MAGA promoter.  None of which in any way negates his opinion.

But it sure does color it.

I couldn't care less about his various beliefs. All I said was that I have said some of the same things that he said in the video.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I couldn't care less about his various beliefs. All I said was that I have said some of the same things that he said in the video.

And that is fine.

All I am saying is I believe that his beliefs are coloring his opinions.  Just like mine do.

I will freely admit to being pretty progressive.  And I am aware that my progressive thinking colors my approach to things.  But I am not giving professional medical advice based on my thinking.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

And that is fine.

All I am saying is I believe that his beliefs are coloring his opinions.  Just like mine do.

I will freely admit to being pretty progressive.  And I am aware that my progressive thinking colors my approach to things.  But I am not giving professional medical advice based on my thinking.

Well I give professional medical advice based on my thinking every day. And that thinking is formulated by different sources. I also try to educate patients on why I think something and why someone else might think differently. Ultimately, the goal is to enable the patient to make an educated decision about their own health care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

And that is fine.

Had me fooled.

🤣

jc

• Haha 1