Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

Hi all, 

Regarding husband/wife sharing CC status,

on our Fall 2019 TA I was new elite+, my husband was just elite (extra cruise alone with sister). The first morning I took both cards to Al Bacco, and was informed that only my tea was comped, as the lady pointed out, only my card said elite+. I hadn’t noticed his just said elite. He also only had the 90 minutes, versus my 280?

Those are 2 things I know for sure that I got, and he didn’t.       Libby

Edited by My hero 6
Add signature
  • Like 1

My e mail arrived today ( I live in UK).

I originally filled the survey in via post #21 so I have now filled it in for my husband, by changing the Captain’s Club #. 

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, My hero 6 said:

Hi all, 

on our Fall 2019 TA I was new elite+, my husband was just elite (extra cruise alone with sister). The first morning I took both cards to Al Bacco, and was informed that only my tea was comped, as the lady pointed out, only my card said elite+. I hadn’t noticed his just said elite. He also only had the 90 minutes, versus my 280?

When things settle down, you need to contact the Captain's Club representative and get this fixed.  

38 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I wonder how long it will take for my 2 new points to show up on my point total?  I also wonder if the additional points will show up as an item in the past cruises section or if the will add another line for bonus points?

I was just going to ask the same. 

There is a problem with the .com site today, when I accept cookies, it greys out the screen.

I did eventually manage to get on the site by using the .co.uk site, where I could see that my points hadn’t been added.

For those looking for these points being added to their account here is the details which I cut and pasted from the fine print included in the email.  You can also see it in post #5 of this thread. 

Power Up Points convert to Club points at a ratio of 10 Power Up Points to 1 Club Point. All Power Up Points earned in a calendar month will be converted to Club Points and added to a participating member’s Club Point balance within 14 days of month’s end. Club Points converted from Power Up Points in a given month will be rounded up to the nearest whole Club Point. For example, a member that earns 50.5 Power Up Points in January, will have 6 Club Points added to their balance by February 14th.

• Thanks 1

Hi

Can anyone throw any light on this please ?

I received an email with my CC # on ...    my husband did not .. regarding the Power up Point.

I completed the email and then thought about emailing it to my DH and him changing my CC # to his.  I then read the Activity Terms printed at the bottom of my email.

Activity Terms: Link is applicable to the recipient of this email only. Power Up Points to be awarded once per eligible member.

It says - Link is applicable to the recipient of this email only. 

Does this mean, that even if my DH completes the survey with his CC # - it will ignored ?  OR, will he automatically receive the points from me completing the survey, as he already has the same amount of points as me, being in the same cabin ?

Many thanks 🙂 

2 hours ago, garyl62 said:

For those looking for these points being added to their account here is the details which I cut and pasted from the fine print included in the email.  You can also see it in post #5 of this thread. 

Power Up Points convert to Club points at a ratio of 10 Power Up Points to 1 Club Point. All Power Up Points earned in a calendar month will be converted to Club Points and added to a participating member’s Club Point balance within 14 days of month’s end. Club Points converted from Power Up Points in a given month will be rounded up to the nearest whole Club Point. For example, a member that earns 50.5 Power Up Points in January, will have 6 Club Points added to their balance by February 14th.

Thanks, I never like to read the fine print.

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

When things settle down, you need to contact the Captain's Club representative and get this fixed.  

Agree. 

10 hours ago, My hero 6 said:

Hi all, 

You should have gone and spoken with the Captains Club host while onboard the ship. The CC host could have  made the change at that time and also forward the info to the Captains Club desk shore side. 

Edited by davekathy

11 minutes ago, Kay&Dee said:

Hi

Can anyone throw any light on this please ?

I received an email with my CC # on ...    my husband did not .. regarding the Power up Point.

I completed the email and then thought about emailing it to my DH and him changing my CC # to his.  I then read the Activity Terms printed at the bottom of my email.

Activity Terms: Link is applicable to the recipient of this email only. Power Up Points to be awarded once per eligible member.

It says - Link is applicable to the recipient of this email only. 

Does this mean, that even if my DH completes the survey with his CC # - it will ignored ?  OR, will he automatically receive the points from me completing the survey, as he already has the same amount of points as me, being in the same cabin ?

Many thanks 🙂 

Call the Captains Club, 1-800-760-0654 and ask if they would send the same email to your husband with his CC number on it. 

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. 

You should have gone and spoken with the Captains Club host while onboard the ship. The CC host could have taken made the change at that time and also by forwarding the info to the Captains Club desk shore side. 

Thank you - I didn't think of that as he had his own CC # allocated to him and was always allocated the same points as me, when I did 🙂

I will get this hopefully sorted on our next cruise ...

kind regards

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Agree. 

You should have gone and spoken with the Captains Club host while onboard the ship. The CC host could have  made the change at that time and also forward the info to the Captains Club desk shore side. 

Is this written down somewhere as I can’t seem to find the T&C anywhere on the page highlighting the CC on their website. 

1 hour ago, Kay&Dee said:

Thank you - I didn't think of that as he had his own CC # allocated to him and was always allocated the same points as me, when I did 🙂

I will get this hopefully sorted on our next cruise ...

kind regards

Are you the same poster as Hero6? 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Call the Captains Club, 1-800-760-0654 and ask if they would send the same email to your husband with his CC number on it. 

Thank you for your advice - we're in the UK and the telephone number looks like the USA ?

I have, I think, may have fixed it ...   I found a way of registering it on line ...

Hopefully my DH should start receiving emails 🙂

Thank you again

• Like 1

Wait, what???  My husband and I both have Captain's Club Accounts.  On our last few cruises, my husband and I were at different levels because I started sailing with Celebrity before he did (before we were married).  Are you folks saying that he should have been upped to my level for those cruises?  I've searched all through the Captain's Club FAQs and I don't see anything about matching levels for spouses.  There are events at my benefit level in which I did not participate since he would not have qualified based upon his level and I didn't want to go alone.  I never looked into trying to have him attend since it made sense to me that an individual would only qualify for what they actually earned by sailing.  

20 hours ago, Host Kat said:

Make sure you mark every destination per miched's post:

Got it thanks. So if my DH does not get this email, does it mean we will be at a different level or will he automatically have the same points as me?

50 minutes ago, SunsetPoint said:

Wait, what???  My husband and I both have Captain's Club Accounts.  On our last few cruises, my husband and I were at different levels because I started sailing with Celebrity before he did (before we were married).  Are you folks saying that he should have been upped to my level for those cruises?  I've searched all through the Captain's Club FAQs and I don't see anything about matching levels for spouses.  There are events at my benefit level in which I did not participate since he would not have qualified based upon his level and I didn't want to go alone.  I never looked into trying to have him attend since it made sense to me that an individual would only qualify for what they actually earned by sailing.  

My husband is on the same level etc. to me, as we started cruising at the same time and joined at the same time 🙂

2 hours ago, SunsetPoint said:

Yes, you and your husband should be at the same level but your points will reflect the cruises that you've actually sailed.  Call the captains Club rep to have it fixed.

Edited by ipeeinthepool

2 hours ago, SunsetPoint said:

Call the Captains Club at 1-800-760-0654. Once you are married the lower tier level becomes the same tier level as spouse if higher.

3 hours ago, Kay&Dee said:

Thank you for your advice - we're in the UK and the telephone number looks like the USA ?

I have, I think, may have fixed it ...   I found a way of registering it on line ...

Hopefully my DH should start receiving emails 🙂

Thank you again

You are welcome. Sorry about that, I should have asked. The UK number listed on Celebrity's web site is 0844-493-6022. Not sure if that is a toll free number for you or not (?). 

Edited by davekathy