Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

20 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Never received the INVITE by email, so I delete my post on FB 

X selects who will receive the invitation 🤬

I feel sad to see how my friends are inside the party and I can’t enter. I’m elite. My DW need  9 points to be Elite

Do you receive other Emails from Celebrity? Call or Email the Captains Club and request the CC Power Up be sent to you. 

Edited by davekathy

55 minutes ago, SunsetPoint said:

You folks may not be helping the company by taking surveys that were not sent to you.  Surveys are often sent to a specific group that meet specific criteria.  Having people outside that group respond messes with the data.

That's not the case here, as Celebrity encourages recipients of the survey invitations to spread the word to other Captain's Club members:

Know a Captain’s Club Member that’s not receiving
Power Up Points activities?

Tell them to subscribe to our emails here to be included.

3 minutes ago, Ocdublin said:

Did the captain club survey, but have not seen any points posted to my account!  Just another thing to follow!  Just a few points from Elite, so it would be nice. 

No one will see points earned in June until next month:

All Power Up Points earned in a calendar month will be converted to Club Points and added to a participating member’s Club Point balance within 14 days of month’s end. 

No one will see points earned in June until next month:

All Power Up Points earned in a calendar month will be converted to Club Points and added to a participating member’s Club Point balance within 14 days of month’s end. 

Thank you for the clarification!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

45 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

That's not the case here, as Celebrity encourages recipients of the survey invitations to spread the word to other Captain's Club members:

Hey Fouremco how are things in Ottawa? I just did the email thing, my wife already gets endless offers from Celebrity and I don't recall seeing any Captain's club survey.

11 hours ago, LeeW said:

Did first activity but never got points. 

The points don't appear right away.  The say points will be added up and rewarded within 14 days of the end of the month so we haven't reached that yet have we since it only started this month.  Points won't show up until next month.

11 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

This is what it should look like after all said and done ...

When you type in the text post field - “@CelebrityCruises” - it will come up as an option to click on - click it!  that’s the tag.

Then at minimum, the post needs to be public (vs. sharing with only Friends) and you need to use the hashtag, #SailingWithCelebrity.

You can add more, if you wish - but that’s the minimum in order to earn the two points.  You can edit your post at anytime, if you missed any steps (up until June 21st, when the activity closes).

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 6.37.56 PM.png

Thank you ... I think I may have covered it all now LOL.  I added the @Celeb.... to the post.  Sheesh, all for 2 points hahahahaha

• Haha 2

On 6/10/2020 at 11:02 PM, Fouremco said:

I can see some more specific targeting in the future resulting from destination responses.

I very much doubt that there will be enough surveys to make much of a difference to most passengers.

I agree. If people want to get to Zenith then best to cruise more than rely on piddly points promotions like this. You'd think from some of the posts here that Celebrity were giving away 100s of Captain's Club points. 

Phil 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I agree. If people want to get to Zenith then best to cruise more than rely on piddly points promotions like this. You'd think from some of the posts here that Celebrity were giving away 100s of Captain's Club points. 

Phil 

Yet, quite often I read posts of - “I’m 2 points, 4 points, 8 points away” from next level - when I cruise next, will I be awarded the next level during the cruise?" (which is a no).

I’m 38 points away from my next level.  I highly doubt these activities will get me there, but just in one short week and two activities, I am 34 points away from my next level.

Honestly, not expecting to get to Zenith (I jest when I say that I will) - but I have earned in one week what is equal to 2 nights in an inside or oceanview cabin and I have spent no $ and very little of my time.

I for one, am appreciative of these opportunities and will participate in as many as I can, as long as they don’t involve plunking down $$$ (ie., deposits for future bookings).

Edited by hvbaskey
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Fouremco said:

That's what I did last week. Got my first one yesterday.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

It is still a huge difference between posting something for 2 points and being completely hosted.

I wan't disputing that.  😊

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

Yet, quite often I read posts of - “I’m 2 points, 4 points, 8 points away” from next level - when I cruise next, will I be awarded the next level during the cruise?" (which is a no).

I’m 38 points away from my next level.  I highly doubt these activities will get me there, but just in one short week and two activities, I am 34 points away from my next level.

Honestly, not expecting to get to Zenith (I jest when I say that I will) - but I have earned in one week what is equal to 2 nights in an inside or oceanview cabin and I have spent no $ and very little of my time.

I for one, am appreciative of these opportunities and will participate in as many as I can, as long as they don’t involve plunking down $$$ (ie., deposits for future bookings).

We are 5 points away from Elite.  I am very happy that we have an opportunity to earn those points prior to our next cruise and be able to sail as Elite.  When we got the first survey and earned 2 points I was very hopeful that they would continue to send us opportunities for more points.  I just made the Facebook post so I earned 2 more.  My fingers are crossed that I will be getting at least one more chance to earn 2 points.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hvbaskey said:

Exactly, all it is costing us is a few minutes, and dreaming of that next cruise.  These little things keep cruising in the back of peoples minds, which is the point.  I am close to my next level, tho it will be a few cruises away, sigh,  and every little point gets me closer and if all I have to do is fill out a survey, post a fb post all good.  

• Like 3

True, after our 14 night TA on Apex in Spring I'll be over the threshold for Elite + (which took 18 years to achieve), but no way I'd get there by these points! LOL, Still a fun little thing although LLP probably should focus on better things.

Edited by pumpkin 11

10 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

She is, she's keeping you engaged with their product. 😉

lol, I yield to that. but I would have booked an X cruise in a nuclear winter, 😉 let alone a viral pandemic

Edited by pumpkin 11

12 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Hey Fouremco how are things in Ottawa? I just did the email thing, my wife already gets endless offers from Celebrity and I don't recall seeing any Captain's club survey.

We're enjoying a week of +30℃ weather. DD and two of our grandkids came over yesterday, their first visit since???? Lots of room on the patio and in the pool for social distancing. The only problem was prying the GKs out of the pool when it was time for them to go, even though they have a pool at home. Kids! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, adolfo2 said:

I'm not going to compromise my privacy (Public vs. Friends-only) and shill for Celebrity for micro-points.  

That's the joy of choices 🙂 

That said, the only thing public would be that one post and not your Facebook in it's entirety but I totally understand the reasoning.

• Like 1