Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

On 6/13/2020 at 7:35 AM, citruscruiser said:

Has anyone received any more emails for surveys etc for the Power Up beside the original ones? I am unsure how this progresses.

Yes, I received one today wanting a facebook or instagram post...I'm going to pass on that one.  

Got the second recent email for points and I did the Facebook option but I don't know how the tag them @CelebrityCruises is supposed to work as it didn't seem to do anything and it doesn't find them??  Maybe I am misunderstanding this part, I did post and make public though ...

... have others done this and how did you tag them via Facebook if you did.

Edited by poffles

2 minutes ago, poffles said:

Got the second recent email for points and I did the Facebook option but I don't know how the tag them @CelebrityCruises is supposed to work as it didn't seem to do anything and it doesn't find them??  Maybe I am misunderstanding this part, I did post and make public though ...

I did Instagram, but FB is the same. You don't tag @Celebrity. You use the hashtag #sailingwithcelebrity and they do a search for the hashtag.

Reminds me of the " Royal Champions" program they had some yrs ago. That didn't last very long,

Shouldn't those who post have to disclose they are getting Club points for  the solicited posting???

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Reminds me of the " Royal Champions" program they had some yrs ago. That didn't last very long,

Shouldn't those who post have to disclose they are getting Club points for  the solicited posting???

BIG difference between getting TWO points and posts by influencers who actually get paid and/or free things of real value.

2 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I did Instagram, but FB is the same. You don't tag @Celebrity. You use the hashtag #sailingwithcelebrity and they do a search for the hashtag.

Oh ... they mentioned tagging @CelebrityCruises for Facebook so that was confusing me.  I don't do instagram, I view things but don't post anything.

3 minutes ago, poffles said:

Oh ... they mentioned tagging @CelebrityCruises for Facebook so that was confusing me.  I don't do instagram, I view things but don't post anything.

Oh, did they? I like Insta better so I didn't read about FB.

Edit to add: Just saw it. Same thing basically as the hashtag. They will get notification that they were tagged in a post.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

BIG difference between getting TWO points and posts by influencers who actually get paid and/or free things of real value.

Points are of great value to some..

They are drumming up perceived interest in X with the posts ..

Slick marketing, i imagine it happens in other businesses as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hcat said:

They are drumming up perceived interest in X with the posts ..

Slick marketing, i imagine it happens in other businesses as well.

If it was enough to drastically change your level, sure. But as others have pointed out on the thread, 2 is hardly anything.

Big difference between that and comping someone's cruise for their posting and reviews.

11 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Oh, did they? I like Insta better so I didn't read about FB.

Edit to add: Just saw it. Same thing basically as the hashtag. They will get notification that they were tagged in a post.

Thanks ... just went back and added this to my post!

• Like 2

I Just wondering why I learned about this promotion to get points by reading this thread. I am elite plus with 1200+ points.  Getting to Zenith will never happen.  Feeling left out. It may not make a difference if cruising keeps getting delayed.  With NCL cancelling cruises until October, certainly RCL will follow. So much for being a loyal CaptainsClub participant. Staying home until safe.

29 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

I Just wondering why I learned about this promotion to get points by reading this thread. I am elite plus with 1200+ points.  Getting to Zenith will never happen.  Feeling left out. It may not make a difference if cruising keeps getting delayed.  With NCL cancelling cruises until October, certainly RCL will follow. So much for being a loyal CaptainsClub participant. Staying home until safe.

Like someone above said I don't think it will last very long. But they're hurting so I guess they'll try anything. If you log into your Captains Club you'll see it there.

1 hour ago, hcat said:

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

If it was enough to drastically change your level, sure. But as others have pointed out on the thread, 2 is hardly anything.

What if after your next cruise you would be two points short of the next level?  So, you would have to take another cruise to secure the next level before you got any of the "goodies".

That is exactly where we are.  Now that we have gotten the two points each, we will reach the next level on our  scheduled cruise.  😎

Edited by Texed
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, pumpkin 11 said:

Like someone above said I don't think it will last very long. But they're hurting so I guess they'll try anything. If you log into your Captains Club you'll see it there.

Did first activity but never got points.  Second activity involves social media which we don't use.  Would rather be sailing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gerelmx said:

I have seen several post on #SailingWithCelebrity. My question is How will they know the number of Captains Club of the person who posted?

Hi Gerardo - you have to “register” (term used loosely) via the email (sharing your FB ID or Instagram ID).  Then, once you do that - you need to tag Celebrity (@CelebrityCruises) and also use the Hashtag #SailingWithCelebrity.  Those 3 minimums must be met in order to gain the 2 points.

Since I post travel photos on FB, Instagram, and my personal travel blog - this was an easy 2 points 🙂

Hope you & Lupita are well and safe,  Heather

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Did first activity but never got points.  Second activity involves social media which we don't use.  Would rather be sailing.

First activity points will not show up until mid-July.   They calculate all points earned for the entire month, then said it will be posted to your account 2 weeks after that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poffles said:

This is what it should look like after all said and done ...

When you type in the text post field - “@CelebrityCruises” - it will come up as an option to click on - click it!  that’s the tag.

Then at minimum, the post needs to be public (vs. sharing with only Friends) and you need to use the hashtag, #SailingWithCelebrity.

You can add more, if you wish - but that’s the minimum in order to earn the two points.  You can edit your post at anytime, if you missed any steps (up until June 21st, when the activity closes).

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 6.37.56 PM.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

You also need to tag Celebrity “@CelebrityCruises” (part of the criteria of the activity),

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pumpkin 11 said:

I did log in, but couldn't get to "subscribe".   The link did nothing.  Oh well, not sure that I will cruise again.  After being stuck on a cruise in March, I hesitate to travel. Luckily, we did not get sick. However, not being allowed to dock at most ports and none after March 13th, I am not excited about cruising like I used to be.

1 hour ago, Texed said:

What if after your next cruise you would be two points short of the next level?  So, you would have to take another cruise to secure the next level before you got any of the "goodies".

That is exactly where we are.  Now that we have gotten the two points each, we will reach the next level on our  scheduled cruise.  😎

It is still a huge difference between posting something for 2 points and being completely hosted.