Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

15 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Hoping this won’t be something on needs to be on Facebook to do.  Not everyone is on it.  More details should be forthcoming, we hope

Facebook is not involved.  You've been provided the details in this thread.  You can choose to take advantage of them or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alakegirl said:

Hoping this won’t be something on needs to be on Facebook to do.  Not everyone is on it.  More details should be forthcoming, we hope

Reading the fine print from post #5, I suspect Facebook will play a part at some point; it's just not a part of this first "activity."

General Terms: *Power Up Points can be earned for various non-sailing activities such as sharing your preferences, participating in social media activities and making bookings. Opportunities to earn Power Up Points will be emailed to eligible members or posted on www.celebritycruises.com by Celebrity Cruises.

My guess is they reeeeally need to know what we'd be willing to book and put a deposit on.  They have to have bookings to back the loans they've already gotten and the ones they'll still need.  I'm guessing the banks will want to see "new" bookings, not necessarily FCCs.  Heck, the banks will probably want the survey results.  Might even be the reason for the program.  Just a hunch, however.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Facebook is not involved.  You've been provided the details in this thread.  You can choose to take advantage of them or not.

It might be. Note the reference to social media:

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

I agree.  The first survey was polling you for when you would be likely to cruise again and what ports excite you.  Could be valuable info gathering to see how the general membership is feeling.

I have had a similar survey from Azamara, but it didn’t offer any Captains Club points for completion. 

I took part in a ‘30th Birthday Quiz’ last night, which will give 30 Captains Club points to a winner drawn at random. I did get all answers correct, but haven’t yet been informed if I was successful in achieving the 30 extra CC points.

This was only for Celebrity UK.

• Thanks 1

The Terms and Conditions mention sharing preferences, participating in social media and making bookings.  I also hope that Facebook isn’t needed since I’m not a Facebook person.   

I will be hoping for an Azamara survey next.

7 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The Terms and Conditions mention sharing preferences, participating in social media and making bookings.  I also hope that Facebook isn’t needed since I’m not a Facebook person.   

I will be hoping for an Azamara survey next.

Each segment (surveys, social media, and new bookings) are a matter of individual personal choice.  

I may participate in the surveys and social media (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter); but might not make a new booking.

The variety of choices allows the opportunity for everyone to participate based on what they feel comfortable doing.

Edited by hvbaskey

Interesting that when I filled it out yesterday is was for 10,000 and 1 cc point. How did I miss out on 2 CC points?/

the one is good as I was at 579. Maybe it will get me to elite plus one cruise sooner. At the rate we are now cruising this may take a long time

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Gold1953, something doesn’t add up.  It’s 10 power up = 1 Captain’s Club.

are you sure it said 10,000 power ups?

Here’s the snapshot from my email - the first activity was worth 20 power up points = 2 CC points

95039278_ScreenShot2020-06-11at11_19_18AM.png.cb35af77bc4a68fc8ac5f4185b3f4800.png

received my link, & completed :)   Love the chance to earn a few points for all our cancelled cruises.... As this begins our 4th month on lockdown it doesn't take much to excite me nowadays....  it also doesn't take much to send me into a pit of despair either :classic_unsure:

I don't understand why both spouses are signing in to take the survey. Aren't points for one spouse equal for both spouses, as well as all minor children living in the same household?  That's how C&A works on RCI. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

I received it, but my DH did not.   It did say in my email that it could also be accessed via the web site, but I haven’t found it “yet”.

Same here but when I tried to complete (6 times) I just kept getting a message saying I hadn’t completed all the questions. Yes I have! Grrrrr

39 minutes ago, 39august said:

I don't understand why both spouses are signing in to take the survey. Aren't points for one spouse equal for both spouses, as well as all minor children living in the same household?  That's how C&A works on RCI. 

Yes, that's how Celebrity's Captains Club also works. 

Edited by davekathy

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

That's how Celebrity's Captains Club also works. 

DW and I have always cruised together and earned the same points, so we really haven't paid much attention to this aspect of Captains Club. In the case of one partner having accrued more points than the other, what would happen in the case of a divorce or death? If one partner acquires enough points to move to the next level, does the partner with fewer cruise days get promoted too? 

We are happy with the E plus benefits...we have no hope of hitting Zenith..esp now with only 1 booked cruise..we are on pause! 

These days, it seems that suite status trumps loyalty benefits anyhow.

But a fun marketing game for those who enjoy it..hope IT mishaps do not turn folks off!

17 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

DW and I have always cruised together and earned the same points, so we really haven't paid much attention to this aspect of Captains Club. In the case of one partner having accrued more points than the other, what would happen in the case of a divorce or death? If one partner acquires enough points to move to the next level, does the partner with fewer cruise days get promoted too? 

Cruise points are only equal if each spouse has the same amount of cruises. One spouse can be the same tier level with less cruise points or no cruise points. A spouse will not inherit the other spouses cruise points but maintains the same tier level.You can be elite and your spouse who has never cruised with Celebrity will also be elite. 

Edited by davekathy

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Cruise points are only equal if each spouse has the same amount of cruises. One spouse can be the same tier level with less cruise points or no cruise points. A spouse will not inherit the other spouses cruise points but maintains the same tier level.You can be elite and your spouse who has never cruised with Celebrity will also be elite. 

So if I understand you correctly, the point made by @39august is right on the money, there's no benefit having both spouses going for Power Up points. Unless, of course, they each want to express their differing views on preferred itineraries or ships!

22 hours ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

We are Elite Plus, but have not received this offer. I wonder how Celebrity chooses who will get the offer to "Power Up". 

My wife received the email but I didn't and we are both on the same points..............Well we are not now😂

43 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Add me to the list of folks getting an error message after submitting. And that is trying three different browsers.

If it's saying you have to complete all the answers it's because you have to select a ranking for each destination, not just the ones you would be interested in.   I put no interest in 90% and the actual level of interest in the 2 or 3 areas I'd be willing to travel to in the short term.

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

Same here but when I tried to complete (6 times) I just kept getting a message saying I hadn’t completed all the questions. Yes I have! Grrrrr

Make sure you mark every destination per miched's post:

21 hours ago, miched said:

.... i see what my problem was.   I didn’t read the full question about having to rate every destination.  I thought I only had to rate those that appealed to me....