All my cruises have no balance due today, thank you RCI IT

This morning when I want to check on something for one of my cruises, I see than none of them have a balance due. That's GREAT!  Too bad I know it's a glitch.  This is showing on my three cruises I have, and also on the reservations for both my son and his family and my daughter and her son.  

image.png.18c92fbf8be6eaba1ca0b1a338ad9b83.png

8 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Could they possibly be getting ready to cancel more cruises and did that to not have to refund additional payments?

No, this is showing like this for cruise I have through end of 2021.  I just saw a post in a roll call group that someone called was was told it's an error showing on all cruises at the moment.  Anyone check to see if the error extends to drink packages?  😛  

ETA: I checked, drink packages still crazy high for my cruises, lol. Dang it.  

Edited by rockmom

I was waiting until the last day to pay off my (probably doomed to be canceled) Harmony 9/13 cruise.  Already received three emails and a text from RCI to remind me to pay.  Today was the final day.  

Same thing, went into my cruise log and all of them are showing "no balance due".  Would be a nice glitch gift.  😉 

Alas...just pulled up my last email and clicked on "pay"...made payment.  Which has now most likely turned into 

an interest free short term loan to RCI.  😮 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

I was waiting until the last day to pay off my (probably doomed to be canceled) Harmony 9/13 cruise.  Already received three emails and a text from RCI to remind me to pay.  Today was the final day.  

Same thing, went into my cruise log and all of them are showing "no balance due".  Would be a nice glitch gift.  😉 

Alas...just pulled up my last email and clicked on "pay"...made payment.  Which has now most likely turned into 

an interest free short term loan to RCI.  😮 

Or Long term😇

• Like 1

Well, technically it's correct as final payment/balance isn't due til it's due, 75 or 90 days out depending on length.  LOL.  I never see a balance due on my RCI account because we use a TA.  

37 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Or Long term😇

Yup, was just time to toss another one into the coffers of RCI I guess.  They still have four others of my cancelled cruises in their clutches they have not yet refunded me on.  😕

9 minutes ago, BND said:

Well, technically it's correct as final payment/balance isn't due til it's due, 75 or 90 days out depending on length.  LOL.  I never see a balance due on my RCI account because we use a TA.  

How far in advance of final payment do you pay your TA?  

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

How far in advance of final payment do you pay your TA?  

I don't pay my TA. Our TA's are friends of ours and they use our cc to make the payment.  I usually request they pay it a day or two before it's due just to make sure it's done.  I would only use a TA that paid my bill directly.  

Thanks for the heads up.  Mine for Aug 2021 is also showing no balance due.  Since this was a lift and shift, I will keep an eye on it that when the"balance due" is restored that it is still the Aug 2020 prices and not the current price.

Think they will honor this like they did the $18 drink package? I would even give up my $1,500 FCC they still owe me, 🤣

Edited by cured

I keep a paper trail of all my cruises, plus keep in my email's travel section.  All confirmations showing due date and balance outstanding.  I also put due date in my daily planner on my phone.  Pretty simple.  

Edited by island lady

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

I keep a paper trail of all my cruises, plus keep in my email's travel section.  All confirmations showing due date and balance outstanding.  I also put due date in my daily planner on my phone.  Pretty simple.  

I do too. I have a spreadsheet where I track cruise planner purchases and have screen shots of the latest invoices in there.  Makes checking prices easy.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

Our TA sends us the invoice and I get emails that show any purchases from RCI.  We repriced our Nov Harmony cruise and our TA sent us the updated invoice.  Makes it easy to keep track as it's in my email all the time.  I can pull it up on my phone if I need to.

Lol I noticed a credit from rcl i cant explain. Was going thru my credit card pluses and minuses. Really dont know what the credit is for. Doesnt match anything I know of. 

I too cant see balance dues because i went thru a ta. 

Edited by firefly333