Booked Edge Today

Creepella

It looked too good to miss, although I normally go for smaller ships. Also, they have a single supplement sale (say that 5 times fast) going on now. I'm hoping we (I) can actually sale by then. Any Edge alums want to share tips, tricks, and experiences?

Ship is beautiful, different from any others we have sailed on.  Go with an open mind and expect to be wowed by some things and also disappointed that it isn’t what you are accustomed to.  
We left loving some things but iffy about others.  After a few months we decided we wanted to go again, so much new to try and experience in 7 nights that we couldn’t do it all.  We booked a TA,  unfortunately canceled due to the pandemic. So we are now booked on 2/14/22 and can’t wait to go back.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Creepella said:

It looked too good to miss, although I normally go for smaller ships. Also, they have a single supplement sale (say that 5 times fast) going on now. I'm hoping we (I) can actually sale by then. Any Edge alums want to share tips, tricks, and experiences?

Can you say FUN???

Great flow to the public areas, IMO.

Great dining room(s) setup, IMO.

'Overall' great specialty dining.

Specifically, great crew.

You may benefit reading the posts about The Edge here in the X forum, which can be found at the top of the screen.

bon voyage

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We booked her last weekend..  Also looking for tips...we booked an IV balcony.  Hoping we like it. The ship looks fabulous and classy.  Looking forward to it!

It is that, yet there are a few who have posted to the contrary...

bon voyage

• Like 2

We enjoyed EDGE twice.. Once in AQ Class with the enclosed veranda and again in a Sunset Veranda with the 4 mdr dining  plan. Loved the art, EDEN space,  amazing spa and Solarium, rooftop garden area.

Do not miss the "le Grand Bistro " for lunch or dinner...one of our fav places on board,   the acrobatic show in the Club, as well as the in depth ship's tour excursion or the Art Tour...(both well worth the price)

As Bo ( an original EDGIE) suggests , you can search for many posts about the ship, including  reviews, I did two plus an Art Tour review which I did not finish,,,

20191117_115929.jpg

20191123_064036.jpg

20191122_114731.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

We enjoyed that ship, missed our March sailing however.  Didn't like the IV balcony at all.  It was really a window that partially opened but could be locked by the captain, it seemed very narrow.  Moved to a Sky Suite.  Fortunately one was available when we boarded the ship as we changed cabins.  Lucky us!  We paid more- but so worth it.

You can get an Aft balcony which gives you a true balcony or a Cove balcony which has a nice balcony albeit slightly obstructed view.  We really enjoyed the ship- different with a more upscale vibe.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We enjoyed that ship, missed our March sailing however.  Didn't like the IV balcony at all.  It was really a window that partially opened but could be locked by the captain, it seemed very narrow.  Moved to a Sky Suite.  Fortunately one was available when we boarded the ship as we changed cabins.  Lucky us!  We paid more- but so worth it.

You can get an Aft balcony which gives you a true balcony or a Cove balcony which has a nice balcony albeit slightly obstructed view.  We really enjoyed the ship- different with a more upscale vibe.

I just changed my booking yesterday from Reflection to Edge.  Looking for tips too.  We're trying a cove balcony.  We're not fussy, but I hope I like it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, breezer said:

I just changed my booking yesterday from Reflection to Edge.  Looking for tips too.  We're trying a cove balcony.  We're not fussy, but I hope I like it.

I think you will!  Especially if you dislike heavy sun.  Nice to have breakfast or drinks on the balcony. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Creepella said:

You will love Edge.  The Cruise Critic godmother of Edge from the very beginning was a wonderful woman with the screen name vtcruising.  Now deceased may she rest in peace.  If you search her posts you will find every piece of information imaginable including tips and tricks and experiences.  Best information available by far!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Creepella said:

Thanks for all your help so far. Please keep it coming. By the way, I do know it's supposed to be "sail". I was a little tired when I posted, and now I can't find the edit button.

Caught that but know better than to correct spelling.  Learned the hard way.  I always say I did a typo.  Looking forward to booking the Edge when we resume sailing but only if Captain Kate is at the helm.   Love Bug Naked.

• Like 3

I sailed on the Edge on Feb 9th for a week with my girlfriends. We had two connecting IV cabins. I wasn’t impressed with the IV balcony and wouldn’t book one again. It got very hot in the room with the window open so if you closed the door leading to the so called balcony, it would help. I enjoy the Solstice class and M class ships better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

Caught that but know better than to correct spelling.  Learned the hard way.  I always say I did a typo.  Looking forward to booking the Edge when we resume sailing but only if Captain Kate is at the helm.   Love Bug Naked.

Thumbs up on Captain Kate ... sailed with her 3 times, once on the Edge (twice on Equinox).  We did the behind the scenes tour (on Equinox) and got to meet Bug Naked 'in person' LOL ... she (the feline) has quite the disposition 🙂

Loved the Edge, the ship is different but I feel in a wonderful way.  I absolutely loved the main atrium and how open it was compared to other Celebrity ships. It felt more airy and bright than other ships I've been on and it was actually one of my favorite things about this ship.   Eden area is stunning and feels so peaceful during the day sitting among the plants and the window views to the sea.  I would sail the Edge again in a heartbeat.

Edited by poffles
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also really enjoyed Edge, it is different from all the other ships, although you can see it’s Celeb bones.

My tips:

If you are in Select Dining, go ahead and make your reservations based on itinerary. If you are in regular dining, don’t despair, learn about the 4 dining rooms and make a tentative plan for dining, you will likely be able to still eat in all 4 rooms by speaking with the maitre d on board.

Tip 2  - spend some time with the deck plans and the great information on CC. Some people just walked into Eden on the last sea day and said oh my, look at this - don’t be those people. We did a fair amount of upfront planning, but didn’t realize until later into the trip that the Magic Carpet was a great place for mid to late mornings, most people that liked it were not there that early, so we could get a good spot for an hour or two of relaxing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

I also really enjoyed Edge, it is different from all the other ships, although you can see it’s Celeb bones.

My tips:

If you are in Select Dining, go ahead and make your reservations based on itinerary. If you are in regular dining, don’t despair, learn about the 4 dining rooms and make a tentative plan for dining, you will likely be able to still eat in all 4 rooms by speaking with the maitre d on board.

Tip 2  - spend some time with the deck plans and the great information on CC. Some people just walked into Eden on the last sea day and said oh my, look at this - don’t be those people. We did a fair amount of upfront planning, but didn’t realize until later into the trip that the Magic Carpet was a great place for mid to late mornings, most people that liked it were not there that early, so we could get a good spot for an hour or two of relaxing.

We went to the Magic Carpet when we first got on the ship and settled in.  Instead of moving with the stampede to eat first, we went to this place and chilled with a drink and it was heaven.  Actually I have done this on my most recent cruises, delaying food and just settling somewhere to have a drink (or three) and watch the people go buy as they board and explore and seeing their excitement ... it is my favorite day of the cruise so I have learned to relax and take it all in during this time.  I am missing it so much as I write this 😢

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We’ve watched the promotional video.  I like how many places it appears that you can see the ocean.  This's something I don’t like on Oasis class ships.  They feel closed in. The solarium looks lovely and I want to try to read/lounge in the Magic Carpet.

I agree we might not like the IV.  I see it as a window that opens but the DH wants to try it.  The other balconies look so tiny, not room to even stretch out your legs unless you’re willing to pay more.

I’m learning about the dining options.  We do late seating as we enjoy getting to know our table mates.  Due to a food allergy it really looks like Normandie will be the only one to accommodate the DH so I’ll have to email 2 weeks prior and ask for that. If there was one specialty restaurant to try which would you choose? We do 1 or 2 nights per cruise depending upon the ship.  On Royal we’ve done chefs table 3 times (2/3 were awesome evenings. It depends on other guests we’ve learned.) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, poffles said:

We went to the Magic Carpet when we first got on the ship and settled in.  Instead of moving with the stampede to eat first, we went to this place and chilled with a drink and it was heaven.  Actually I have done this on my most recent cruises, delaying food and just settling somewhere to have a drink (or three) and watch the people go buy as they board and explore and seeing their excitement ... it is my favorite day of the cruise so I have learned to relax and take it all in during this time.  I am missing it so much as I write this 😢

I like your embarkation plan.  What deck do you normally access the carpet from?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ejnsb said:

I like your embarkation plan.  What deck do you normally access the carpet from?

It was parked on Deck 14 ... pool deck.  Oh how I wish I was there right now.

Edited to add that I just looked back at my daily I had for my trip to verify the bar was actually open when we first arrived and it shows it opening at 10:45 am so it was definitely open ... 🍻

Edited by poffles
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We booked the Edge today for 1/3/21. We have a SV booked for 1/4/22 on her but today I decided I didn't want to wait so long.  My DW didn't need too much convincing.

We have never sailed in a suite before and I really didn't want to try the IV so I bit the bullet and splurged.  We snagged an S1 corner aft. I discovered that with Celebrity for the right amount of money, they'll let you have one. 😁

Over the decades we've gone from inside to window to veranda to concierge/aqua. Then aft cabins.  This was the normal next step. The problem I fear is it will be hard to go back to lower categories.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TeeRick said:

You will love Edge.  The Cruise Critic godmother of Edge from the very beginning was a wonderful woman with the screen name vtcruising.  Now deceased may she rest in peace.  If you search her posts you will find every piece of information imaginable including tips and tricks and experiences.  Best information available by far!

I actually  blessed her memory today when looking at her stateroom mappings for EDGE. Her research  helped us book a Sky Suite on APEX for 2022.

She started a great sticky note ( see top of page) folks can use for EDGE and has numerous posts where she mapped  locations of many many cabins and bed locations,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1