All August and September sailings canceled

Charles4515

And the beat goes on.  Not surprising but still disappointing.  It won’t end until the US gets the virus under control and currently we are headed the other way.  My initial reaction when this thing started was the summer of 2021 is when things would start to return to normal.  Unfortunately that still looks like a good time to me.  Meanwhile we are arguing about wearing masks 🙄🙄🙄.

• Like 5

From the WEB site ---

Oceania Cruises Announces Extended Global Voluntary Suspension of Cruising

At Oceania Cruises, the health, safety and well-being of our guests, crew and the communities we visit has always been and remains our highest priority. Given continued global efforts to combat the spread of the global COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, we are extending our suspension of voyages to include all voyages aboard Regatta, Nautica, Marina, Riviera, and Sirena through September 30, 2020 and all voyages aboard Insignia through October 26, 2020.

To make up for the inconvenience of this suspension, guests who are currently booked on voyages listed above and are paid in full will automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit worth 125% of the cruise fare paid. This is our way of providing even more value to our loyal guests to cruise with us at a later date. This Future Cruise Credit will be issued automatically and may be applied to any voyage on Oceania Cruises anywhere in the world through December 31, 2022 that is booked by June 17, 2021.

If your reservation is under deposit and does not have full and final payment applied, you will receive a full (100%) refund of all funds that have been applied to your reservation.

• This Future Cruise Credit will automatically be processed to your Oceania Club profile after July 1, 2020 and may be applied to any voyage on Oceania Cruises anywhere in the world through December 31, 2022.
  • Ancillary items and packages, etc. purchased through us will be automatically refunded.
  • Any travel protection purchased through us will also be refunded.
  • Guests who have previously opted to cancel under the Travelers Assurance Program do not qualify for this offer.

For guests who prefer to forfeit the higher value of the 125% Future Cruise Credit, a lower value full refund option is available.

• Please contact us to start the refund process if you’re willing to give up the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit.
  • Refunds must be requested no later than close of business on July 1, 2020.
  • Please allow up to 90 days for refunds to be processed.

Please know our team is working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners. We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide additional updates as they are available.

As always, your business is important to Oceania Cruises and we appreciate your trust in us. We remain dedicated to providing our guests with the best travel experiences across the globe.

Edited by PaulMCO

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Totally bummed for all those who have August/Sept cruises booked.  Wonder where this ends??

We have December  1......maybe

Good news indeed.

I can now start the laborious task of getting my money back, I guess around three months time, give or take.

Stupid as it may seem to our US friends us Brits have to pay all of our cruise costs to get a full refund. If we cancel outside of full payment we lose our deposit. In our case around the £2000.mark.

So only three weeks ago I had to pay in full for a August Baltic cruise that everybody knew ( including Oceania) would not go ahead.

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask! ( for those not sure who Dick Turpin was, Dick Turpin is a infamous  notorious British highwayman, akin I guess to the present day Oceania cruises)

crazy days indeed.

mklions.

7 minutes ago, mklions said:

Stupid as it may seem to our US friends us Brits have to pay all of our cruise costs to get a full refund. If we cancel outside of full payment we lose our deposit. In our case around the £2000.mark.

So only three weeks ago I had to pay in full for a August Baltic cruise that everybody knew ( including Oceania) would not go ahead.

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask! ( for those not sure who Dick Turpin was, Dick Turpin is a infamous  notorious British highwayman, akin I guess to the present day Oceania cruises)

Is it Oceania that requires full payment  so you do not lose the deposit or the British  system?

12 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Is it Oceania that requires full payment  so you do not lose the deposit or the British  system?

It’s the British system however they also get much better consumer protections I believe.

We were booked on Regatta Sept 22 and just made final payment this week as I was assured by Oceania that the cruise was happening. Sucker punched!  Anyways, it seems reasonable to keep the money in Oceania's hands as they will give us 125% credit.  What do you all think? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, curtdesilets said:

We were booked on Regatta Sept 22 and just made final payment this week as I was assured by Oceania that the cruise was happening. Sucker punched!  Anyways, it seems reasonable to keep the money in Oceania's hands as they will give us 125% credit.  What do you all think? 

I think I'd take the cash refund. While hopefully things will be fine we can't be sure of the future of cruising as a whole, and companies in general. Also if prices increase your 125% FCC might not be worth as much as the cash you'd get back. Others I'm sure will have a different opinion. 

On 6/17/2020 at 11:14 AM, ORV said:

I think I'd take the cash refund. While hopefully things will be fine we can't be sure of the future of cruising as a whole, and companies in general. Also if prices increase your 125% FCC might not be worth as much as the cash you'd get back. Others I'm sure will have a different opinion. 

Exactly -- got the dear valued customer letter yesterday...  they cancelled our 26 October Montreal to Miami cruise.   The same one on 31 October 2021 is about 30% higher.   Surprised.  This cruise was booked with a 900 cash payment plus 10K worth of FCC from past COVID/Cuba cruises.  The 25% bonus applies only to the $900 cash payment less the taxes.. So there is no benefit.

Have already told my TA to book a cruise (TBD) with the $900 (less taxes) + the FCC for the highest cabin - not one nickel more will O get of my money. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Exactly -- got the dear valued customer letter yesterday...  they cancelled our 26 October Montreal to Miami cruise.   The same one on 31 October 2021 is about 30% higher.   Surprised.  This cruise was booked with a 900 cash payment plus 10K worth of FCC from past COVID/Cuba cruises.  The 25% bonus applies only to the $900 cash payment less the taxes.. So there is no benefit.

Have already told my TA to book a cruise (TBD) with the $900 (less taxes) + the FCC for the highest cabin - not one nickel more will O get of my money. 

Sounds like you are really getting the shaft from Oceania.  I think everyone should take their cash back and not rely on Oceania to do the right thing with FCC.

• Like 2

My Cuba FCC has expired.   O was having an issue whether it could be used again.

So whatever the FCC will be burnt up and it will be my last O cruise.  I won't even cruise Regent -- same company, same CEO.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

My Cuba FCC has expired.   O was having an issue whether it could be used again.

So whatever the FCC will be burnt up and it will be my last O cruise.  I won't even cruise Regent -- same company, same CEO.

They are not extending the FCC expiry date ? ?

Seems  unfair  since  no cruises are sailing anytime soon

31 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

They are not extending the FCC expiry date ? ?

Seems  unfair  since  no cruises are sailing anytime soon

No commitment from customer service only the promise to investigate.  I will let my TA hound them.

38 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

No commitment from customer service only the promise to investigate.  I will let my TA hound them.

Cruising Banned indefinitely in Spain from today ??

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/cruises/news/travel-to-spain-again-cruise-ships-banned/#:~:text=The ban on cruise ships,19 is kept under control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spanish government stabbing the Catalonians in the back! This won’t help keep the peace! 

Spain isn’t the only country where politics is mingling with the issues, just currently the most blatant!

Barcelona has significant anti cruise ship sentiment. That was before the pandemic. Don’t count on any blowback from Catalonia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Barcelona has significant anti cruise ship sentiment. That was before the pandemic. Don’t count on any blowback from Catalonia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The article I read yesterday, in one of the European papers, said that Barcelona was planning of more carefully managing the number of ships in port each day. That is a far cry from eliminating all cruise ships. The article also discussed the huge positive economic impact the cruise industry provided.