I Miss Cruising So Much...

aftforward

I miss cruising so much that I bought an Elemis hair mask so I could smell that amazing Frangipani oil they use for scalp massages in the spa! The mask smells just like it, and when I use it I close my eyes, take a deep breath and try to imagine cruising again! I WILL cruise again. I'll be the big 4-0 in 2022, and I WILL be on a Princess ship celebrating it too! I just have to believe it!

How badly do you miss cruising? Have you done anything to help you remember your sea days? 🙂

• Like 4

We have three cruises planned for 2021.  Can't wait for the first one (January)!  I've been having a great time figuring out which excursions we're going to take.  Have already booked one for Mazatlan (https://www.mazatlantours.org/stone-island-tour.htm

and have a running list of ones that are still on the "might do this" side.

• Like 1

We did a short, 5 day cruise back in January, so I'm not missing cruising so much in the normal sense of missing it. What I'm feeling unhappy about is whether or not we'll ever be able to go again. There's the virus situation. There's the fact that we're getting older and at some point just won't go again. And then there's the fact that we have a cat with chronic health problems that seem to be getting worse, and we can't leave her if she's not doing well. It's all very doubtful.

3 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

We miss cruising also. I miss all the friends that I have made throughout the years even more!! 
Tony

We are with you on that.  All the crew and staff that we have sailed with so often and remember us when we come aboard.  The conversations about their families and sharing pictures of the children growing up.

Even though we live close to the ocean here in Florida, the smell of the sea air is always better.  The enjoyment of smelling the fumes from the burning of bunker fuel in the morning........well maybe not that so much, but just being out on deck in the early sunrise and the view coming into port.

Oh well, soon we hope.

I miss being places I’ve visited in the past and loved. I think about them nearly every day. I do not miss cruising at all. I think that is telling me I’m kind of cruised out for awhile, in which case it’s the first time in my life I’ve enjoyed such perfect timing. 

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 1

DW and I miss cruising very much , especially  getting  out of Chicago's  Winter .We have cruised to so many interesting  places and have met so many wonderful  fellow  cruisers it's hard not to miss cruising .

We wish everyone  good health  and pray that a vaccine  will be found soon and we can all rejoice  by taking  a cruise . 

• Like 1

I miss taking cruises. I had hoped to go back to Alaska this summer. I went last year solo. DH had to work. He's getting to the point where he isn't willing to travel because of his 93-year-old mother. Last year, we celebrated her birthday by having lunch with her, then headed to the airport for London to catch a transatlantic cruise. It ended up being too long away for him. I've resigned that we won't be taking any cruises this year and maybe not next year either.

I have many thousands of pictures taken on cruises.  I have had photoshop elements for years but I never really learned how to use it.  I have been watching youtube videos and learning how to make simple edits like taking out power lines.  I have been going through my wonderful cruise photos and making them even better.   I'm supposed to be on a Virgin Voyages cruise today.  

I am desperately missing cruising as well. There's just nothing quite like it... no way to scratch that itch. I keep telling myself how this long stretch of not being able to cruise will make our first one back that much more special, even with new restrictions and all 🥰

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AncientMariner48 said:

I wish I had a choice about Princess refunding paid cruises.   

all right already we get it, your pissed, there's a therapy thread for ya to post on in the Floataway lounge .

• Haha 1