New promotion

seasickgirl

8 hours ago, ICUQT said:

I had a Japan cruisetour planned for this July which was paid in full over the course of a year. Then Covid struck and the subsequent "pauses". It took Princess 87 days to give me back over 12k.I filed no CC dispute and had very little if any communication from Princess. But during those 87 days I found it very stressful pondering if and when I would receive my refund. I still want to cruise and miss it. I booked the same cruisetour for September 2021 with FCC ($200). But a lot depends on my end if the wife and I will even go. Common sense, vaccine, quarantine and overall safety will decide. A lot is dependent of Princess. Will they in fact be in business or bankrupt? Although I find the offer attractive (saves me $1600) the risks are just too great for me.

I was on that cruise with you and have not gotten a refund and am mad as h*ll with Princess. I wouldn't give them a dime before final payment ever again. I won't book a cruise again with them until a week or two before sailing I'm so upset with them holding my money so long. 

I'll pass on this or any other promotion

I have 2 cruises B2B with 2 separate booking numbers.  I received an  -10% email for the first cruise only.  My agent was able to get the -10% for both cruises as the discount is suppose to be only for the booking number that is on the email.

EzAir booking is coming up in Sept.  My agent was told I am still able to book Flexible air and not pay until the original final payment date.

30 minutes ago, phabric said:

I have 2 cruises B2B with 2 separate booking numbers.  I received an  -10% email for the first cruise only.  My agent was able to get the -10% for both cruises as the discount is suppose to be only for the booking number that is on the email.

EzAir booking is coming up in Sept.  My agent was told I am still able to book Flexible air and not pay until the original final payment date.

I asked my agent if I had to pay for my air now and she called twice and was told I had to pay for everything twice. She suggested I cancel the airfare and rebook once we had completed the transaction but the airfare is more expensive now. My agent also said the offer was tied to your past passenger number because I got the email about a cruise I have booked directly with Princess but not the one I have through the TA.

35 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

I asked my agent if I had to pay for my air now and she called twice and was told I had to pay for everything twice. She suggested I cancel the airfare and rebook once we had completed the transaction but the airfare is more expensive now. My agent also said the offer was tied to your past passenger number because I got the email about a cruise I have booked directly with Princess but not the one I have through the TA.

My agent spend 1 1/2 hours waiting to talk to a representative.  She was told I could do Flexible until my original final payment date.  My EZAir does not open up until Sept.

Maybe you have to pay your EZAir because your booking includes air? 

FYI I called Princess and got right through. I was told this is a targeted Promo.....I can apply it to my May 2021 Alaska cruise (referenced on email I received) but not to a new booking for Nov 2021 (which is really what I wanted). Too bad....I actually would have paid for that one up front if they would have applied the promo,  and they would have my money a year early.  The May cruise I will think about as we may change it and have no cash outlay currently....just FCD.  

1 hour ago, Buckeye10640 said:

FYI I called Princess and got right through. I was told this is a targeted Promo.....I can apply it to my May 2021 Alaska cruise (referenced on email I received) but not to a new booking for Nov 2021 (which is really what I wanted). Too bad....I actually would have paid for that one up front if they would have applied the promo,  and they would have my money a year early.  The May cruise I will think about as we may change it and have no cash outlay currently....just FCD.  

That's weird, because I applied it to an early November '21 cruise.  I'd call and ask again.

5 minutes ago, pcur said:

That's weird, because I applied it to an early November '21 cruise.  I'd call and ask again.

Thanks. I may try another call...we all know how that works!  May I ask what cruise you were successful with, and did your email specify that booking or did you do a new booking?  We are on the Enchanted for Nov 30.  Thanks

3 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Apparently it's only targeted to certain people who have not paid for their bookings in full. I have 3 bookings on deposit & I was told I cannot get promotion.

A friend of mine was told the same. I think they are totally afraid of losing customers so they have to offer some sort of a deal to keep at least those who have partially paid. I think this promotion deals are good and they do really work and can help keep hold of the passengers who are still waiting to get on board 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Thanks. I may try another call...we all know how that works!  May I ask what cruise you were successful with, and did your email specify that booking or did you do a new booking?  We are on the Enchanted for Nov 30.  Thanks

It was the Caribbean Princess for 11/4/21, and I booked it 7/22/20.

4 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

A friend of mine was told the same. I think they are totally afraid of losing customers so they have to offer some sort of a deal to keep at least those who have partially paid. I think this promotion deals are good and they do really work and can help keep hold of the passengers who are still waiting to get on board 

I have 2 separate booking making them B2B for August 2021, only one booking was offered the new promotion.  After spending 1 1/2 hours on hold, my agent was able to get both cruises under the new promotion, she was told only bookings listed in the email would be covered.

Who knows how Princess picks bookings to be offered?  For these 2 cruises which was to be on the Grand in the same cabin, when they switched the ship to be Regal they relocated us in 2 different cabins which my agent had to spend 1 1/2 hours to switch to the same cabin.

20 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

My TA told m the offer is tied to your past passenger number because I got the email about a cruise I have booked directly with Princess that I've been meaning to cancel and she had no clue what I was talking about when I called to inquire about the cruise I had booked with her so she called and someone gave her that info. Princess reps like to lie so I'm not sure how truthful the statement is.

Question. For those of you that got the emails with the applicable booking number, did any of you have any Princess cruises also booked prior to the one referenced in the email?

The reason I ask is because we have a 14 day Oct 2021 cruise that fits the T&C criteria, but our TA came back and told us Princess said it was a Private Sale and our Jan 2021 cruise she was asking about didn't qualify. Just curious if having prior cruises booked before a qualifying one is the disqualifying issue.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

12 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Question. For those of you that got the emails with the applicable booking number, did any of you have any Princess cruises also booked prior to the one referenced in the email?

The reason I ask is because we have a 14 day Oct 2021 cruise that fits the T&C criteria, but our TA came back and told us Princess said it was a Private Sale and our Jan 2021 cruise she was asking about didn't qualify. Just curious if having prior cruises booked before a qualifying one is the disqualifying issue.

I currently have 3 Princess cruises booked:  I have used the promo on one, and I am going to ask to use this promo on another, and leave the third alone, as it has a high dollar balance, and I'm not going to put out that much money right now.

My point of view for anyone that didn't get the email, is to call and ask for :

Campaign code: PE0MS145   Reference promo code: MFP

We got the email for a booking on Pacific Princess in October. We would save about $700 in the cruise fare and get the $200 OBC. We already have $550 OBC and I have not submitted my CCL stockholder information. What Princess is offering, as I see it, is me giving them about $7,000 and I get $200 in return (about 12 months from now is final payment). No where in today's economy can I get a money market account where I put in $7,000 and get back $200. It ain't out there! I have a bunch more than that in money markets, and no way could I get that kind of return. My fare is refundable...I don't see how I can lose.

Jim

2 minutes ago, JimnKaren said:

We got the email for a booking on Pacific Princess in October. We would save about $700 in the cruise fare and get the $200 OBC. We already have $550 OBC and I have not submitted my CCL stockholder information. What Princess is offering, as I see it, is me giving them about $7,000 and I get $200 in return (about 12 months from now is final payment). No where in today's economy can I get a money market account where I put in $7,000 and get back $200. It ain't out there! I have a bunch more than that in money markets, and no way could I get that kind of return. My fare is refundable...I don't see how I can lose.

Jim

They go bankrupt you don't get your money back or your cruise. They're desperate for cash and who knows how long this pause of operations is going to last. If they go belly up your credit card company likely wouldn't be able to charge back the charge and get you your money back. I'm not saying that happens but worse case scenario. I'm also considering this promo.

• Like 1

One reason many may not be getting this email offer is a screw up on the Princess site. I checked and both my wife and I had our profiles changed. The box to send promotions via email was no longer checked. It used to be set to send us promotions and we have received them in the past but the profiles had been changed. I only noticed because, in another thread, people were reporting that their birthdays had been changed and were off by one day. Weird stuff at Princess.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, pcur said:

I currently have 3 Princess cruises booked:  I have used the promo on one, and I am going to ask to use this promo on another, and leave the third alone, as it has a high dollar balance, and I'm not going to put out that much money right now.

My point of view for anyone that didn't get the email, is to call and ask for :

Campaign code: PE0MS145   Reference promo code: MFP

If I might ask, was the promo email associated with the first one and what month is it scheduled to sail?

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, was the promo email associated with the first one and what month is it scheduled to sail?

No, the promo was associated with another cruise I had cancelled within the last several days before receiving the email.  I asked that the promo be applied to the 11/4/21 sailing, and they did.

• Like 1

Cruise critic has a good article on what happens if a cruise line goes bankrupt.... here’s the link

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=5323

Thought I’d share it in case that impacts anyone’s decision whether or not to take advantage of this promo.  I myself am considering it. Haven’t decided yet as my cruise isn’t until January 2022. It would be nice to get a discount.

• Thanks 1

Can anyone answer this:

When you take advantage of this promotional are you required to purchase Princess insurance at that time as it would be the final payment?  For us, that would mean declining the offer.

Edited by JudithLynne
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JudithLynne said:

Can anyone answer this:

When you take advantage of this promotional are you required to purchase Princess insurance at that time as it would be the final payment?  For us, that would mean declining the offer.

Why would you ever HAVE TO purchase Princess insurance? We always do, but I never knew it was required.

• Like 1

I think that I may have written that poorly. 

We always purchase Princess, or any other cruise line, insurance for the cancel for any reason option, a must if you have pets.  My concern is in purchasing this promotion, when do I pay for that insurance when there is not a second, final payment?

Our cruise is May 2021.

If I pay in full now to get the 10% off will Princess want my non refundable insurance payment at the same time?  I do not want to pay for insurance any sooner than I have to.  Correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is that once you pay for that insurance, all things being equal, it is nonrefundable.

Sounds like I need to call Princess.