A weird thing happened when I recently logged onto my Princess account

Ken the cruiser

6 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

At a minimum they might be merging the lines' loyalty programs.

At most, they might be considering combining the two brands together, fearing that the Princess brand took too hard of a PR hit because of the virus.

It also might just be part of a much bigger work-around to see that all cancelled sailings are properly credited. Either way, it doesn't concern us at the moment.

Or, to pick the simplest explanation, the talented IT folk have done it again.

(I checked my birthday and found I am the age I am supposed to be. The web site is not, for me, the fountain of youth.)

I just checked my Princess profile and my BD is showing as 1 day earlier than actual. I do have future Princess sailings booked and had one cancelled during the first pause. I have not checked my HA account.

The only time I had an issue with transposed info was in my cruise personalizer for B2B sailings I had on the Royal this past January. I was Passenger1 for the first booking but Passenger2 for the second. My personal info was overlayed with Passenger1 info for second sailing. Was told this is an issue with the Medallion software and had to be manually corrected. Assume this is a known bug to Medallion but workaround is to make sure you book passengers in same order for B2B sailings. The second sailing was added after the first was booked and with a different traveling companion.

If Princess IT is playing around with our data for whatever future scenarios they may be anticipating, one of the firsts rules I was taught is you never use real database, but make copy to play with, interesting to see where this goes if anywhere at all. 

• Like 2

I checked my Account Contact Information for myself and others in my family, all our birthdays were off by 1 day earlier.  I checked on my incoming cruise, under Check In, it automatically put my correct birthday.

Edited by phabric

Mine’s off too. But, since I don’t have anything currently booked, I’m going to leave it alone for now. Princess has to figure this out and, if many correct them, they may not know which are are correct and which are wrong!  Whatever, I’ll check in a few months and make the change if it’s not already fixed.

Since you also posted this issue on the Holland America boards, I make the same reply here so more people can read it.

Although this may not exactly give an answer to your issue, but below is my knowledge on the theory of these membership programmes.

--------------------

I can confirm that my Princess Captain's Circle / Cunard Club / HAL's Mariner Society are all using the same membership number. If I travel on Seabourn in the future, they can use the same number as well. Not sure about P&O but seems they are different.

Of course you can use separately numbers of each cruise line, but I love to have all of them under the same number so it is easier to remember.

Even though it is the same number, each cruise line will count the points individually (in the past Princess also counted the cruise nights if you had sailed on P&O, but this no longer happen now).

If you have sailed with Princess before, when you book HAL for the first time, you can ask the travel agent to input your Princess Captain's Circle number. The booking system will automatically find your details you have saved in Princess. But I don't know if you can do this if you book directly on cruise line website.

This is because Princess / Cunard / HAL / Seabourn all use the same reservation system.

18 minutes ago, phabric said:

I checked my Account Contact Information for myself and others in my family, all our birthdays were off by 1 day earlier.  I checked on my incoming cruise, under Check In, it automatically put my correct birthday.

Our accounts are exactly as you described -- DOB 1 day earlier in Captain Circle accounts, but correct on upcoming cruise check-in tab.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thrak said:

That one definitely matters - a LOT!

Of course I generally get a "Happy Birthday Jill!" email. I don't know any Jill and have tried to get this fixed a few times but they can never figure out why I get the email. I wonder who Jill might be...

Regardless......HAPPY BIRTHDAY JILL!!!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

At a minimum they might be merging the lines' loyalty programs.

At most, they might be considering combining the two brands together, fearing that the Princess brand took too hard of a PR hit because of the virus.

It also might just be part of a much bigger work-around to see that all cancelled sailings are properly credited. Either way, it doesn't concern us at the moment.

My DW and I are having fun speculating about this. As a possible way to get loyal passengers to book under the "Carnival umbrella", another option might be allowing someone to use their highest loyalty status on one of their applicable cruise lines to receive similar loyalty status when they sail on one of their other lines, similar to what RCCL does when one of their Crown and Anchor Society members books a cruise on Celebrity or Azamara (but not Silversea) and vice versa. For example, here is a link to the Celebrity Reciprocity Program associated with other RCCL cruise lines.

www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/loyalty-reciprocity-program

By adding the HAL Mariner Society's number to our Princess account and possibly vice versa (but absent from our Profile viewing), this would allow a booking agent to quickly verify our "highest" loyalty status and apply it to our booking for that cruise only. But, we would only accrue points on the cruise line's loyalty program we sailed with.

Of course, this is all just fun speculation as we have no clue as to what's going on behind the curtain. 🙂

59 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Since you also posted this issue on the Holland America boards, I make the same reply here so more people can read it.

Although this may not exactly give an answer to your issue, but below is my knowledge on the theory of these membership programmes.

--------------------

I can confirm that my Princess Captain's Circle / Cunard Club / HAL's Mariner Society are all using the same membership number. If I travel on Seabourn in the future, they can use the same number as well. Not sure about P&O but seems they are different.

Of course you can use separately numbers of each cruise line, but I love to have all of them under the same number so it is easier to remember.

Even though it is the same number, each cruise line will count the points individually (in the past Princess also counted the cruise nights if you had sailed on P&O, but this no longer happen now).

If you have sailed with Princess before, when you book HAL for the first time, you can ask the travel agent to input your Princess Captain's Circle number. The booking system will automatically find your details you have saved in Princess. But I don't know if you can do this if you book directly on cruise line website.

This is because Princess / Cunard / HAL / Seabourn all use the same reservation system.

Interesting. We do have different HAL and Princess membership numbers, but thanks for the insight. We did not know this. Maybe my DW and I's above speculation will include all 4 cruise lines? That would be nice!

Edited by Ken the cruiser

1 hour ago, msmoger said:

Regardless......HAPPY BIRTHDAY JILL!!!

Why... Thank You!  If things ever settle down perhaps we will sail with you guys again. Next time though keep the sunburn under control!

Our loyalty club number is the same on Princess as Cunard. We have only 2 Princess cruises ( would have been 3 in May) and have only 2 Star tier on HAL,so we would love it if they crossed over our Platinum on Cunard!!!  We are elite on Celebrity so have Diamond status on RCCL even though we have not sailed them for years.

This has happened to me in past too. I corrected it. My TA has also had it show up on bookings. . Out by one day reBD. I’m just leaving it this time. 

Edited by dog

I logged in to my account and looked under personal details and my birthday was not displayed.

I then logged in with my wife's account and her birthday displayed correctly under personal details.

I then logged in to my account and this time my personal details showed my birthday correctly.

I suspect some junior undisciplined programmer made some experimental changes on the live system and not the development system.  Depending on the software development managers philosophy the person responsible was given polite guidance on the correct procedures for change control or are now looking for a new job.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 3:50 PM, Thrak said:

That one definitely matters - a LOT!

Of course I generally get a "Happy Birthday Jill!" email. I don't know any Jill and have tried to get this fixed a few times but they can never figure out why I get the email. I wonder who Jill might be...

Haha it matters when they make me older!!

Our accounts for mine and my husband's information (birthdays and everything else) is all correct.

I know that Cunard uses PRINCESS membership number  because that is what happened when I sailed on them a couple of years ago. Today I checked my HAL, Costa, and Carnival accounts and they are showing individual account numbers not the Princess number that some of you said happened. All but Costa had loyalty numbers correct too. Costa had none of my previous cruises listed. They have a very strange loyalty Program now, Everything expires after a couple of years. Some kind of point system. Glad we no longer cruise on Costa(not since the late 1990's). Greatful that Princess has such a good program.

Ones showing Princess numbers on the other cruise lines, did you sign in as you usually do and the numbers are now changed?

4 hours ago, lkwill said:

I am unable to even sign in. My Personalizer no longer recognizes me. 

The same problem happened to my wife's account several years ago. We notified Princess customer service and they had the IT department fix the account. Something got messed up in the database.

I assume by My Personalizer you are referring to the Captain's Circle account.

Edited by brisalta

Checked my account and my husband's account and our birthdays are 1 day off in our profiles but they are accurate in the check-in tabs for two upcoming cruises we have. Will keep monitoring our accounts to see if they fix this in the future.