When we can cruise again, which line will you go on?

VisionaryJax

For a more authentic cruising experience with a mature atmosphere and senior crowd, you might prefer Holland America.

Princess is classy and sophisticated just like Celebrity.

these 3 are all considered five star Cruises among the mass market Cruise lines, so they are not so expensive.

if you want to really pamper yourself at a reasonable cost, try the yacht club on MSC.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 6:39 PM, iancal said:

Depends on what ships/cruise lines survive and what changes have been made since covid.  I suspect that we will be looking hard at Azamara.

Yeah, which ships and cruise lines will survive and what changes will be made? I am not even thinking of booking a cruise. I will start looking for a cruise when coronavirus is no longer a problem, when cruising has restarted, and when the reviews make cruising experience sound good.

OP, if their quality does not deteriorate and you are looking for a luxury cruise line, I suggest Azamara, Regent, Viking, Seabourn or Crystal.

• Like 1

We were going to do yacht club again on msc which we love but instead got a good deal on celebrity edge suite so we have access to there retreat outside area along with there great suite restaurant luminae and great suite lounge . We most likely we keep cruising on one or the other . 

• Like 1

I am a non-loyalist when it comes to cruise lines. I cruise mainly for itinerary and size of ships (smaller, not larger).

For now I keep kicking the can down the road on some cruise reservations I already had, including a BTB Med cruise on one of Celebrity's older, smaller ships. I also have a Hurtigruten expedition cruise booked that visits Greenland, some N. Atlantic Canadian ports and ends in Iceland. Some months before COVID, I booked  a similar itinerary going to Greenland/Iceland on Oceania (longer, more expensive) -- but I will eventually choose one or the other of the last two, not both...

I like Azamara for their relatively low-key experience, small ships and good itineraries. I have wanted to try Viking and certainly will, at some point in the future.  

• Like 1

Royal Caribbean, Rhapsody Of The Seas, 13 and 20 March 2021, B2B Caribbean cruise. Booked the cruises September 2019. 🤞

Celebrity, Millennium, 9 September 2021, Pacific Coastal cruise. Booked the cruise December 2019. 🤞

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

it will depend on what's left of the Cruise industry after Covid-19.

Many of the companies and ships will not survive this? How many Ports will want them?

Equally the schedules will be totally different, no way will disembarking and a new set of passengers boarding be on the same day.

with health protocols the mega ships over 2500 pax will take 10-12 hours to check everybody on with temperature checks , paperwork of testing. this cannot be quick ; even at 7mins pp  and 20 health teams that's 14 hrs  !! I think this will be the death knell for all the large ships.

Also how many people will want to cruise?

In UK the advice is still from Govt against all cruising,  while this remains then no insurance is available ,it's nullified and many European and North American countries are not available unless you quarantine foe 14 days on arrival back to UK, so as my TA put effectively closing down the market.

we were due to cruise from Buenos Aires to Lima in Jan 21 on Regent ,( small ship 700 pax ) just been informed all direct flights London - BA are cancelled so re-routed via Madrid. I don't think it will sail as ship is due in Rio and Cape town prior to this and South America is badly affected. Have a 2022 cruise booked as back up to transfer FCC's.

• Like 1

Wow! Y'all have so many good ideas. I looked up MSC Yacht Club already, it looks fabulous. I am also keeping watch on Oceania site in case they post fall 2022. Right now they have only spring dates up that far in advance.

My husband didn't think he would like river cruising, so we didn't look at Viking. I want to have a closer look at Celebrity now, and several people mentioned Azmara, so I will check that out.

I have read about Crystal and ... what is it Silver Seas? Those are both supposed to be quite luxurious.

But yeah, please tell me more if anyone has other suggestions, and thanks for all the responses.

2 hours ago, VisionaryJax said:

Wow! Y'all have so many good ideas. I looked up MSC Yacht Club already, it looks fabulous. I am also keeping watch on Oceania site in case they post fall 2022. Right now they have only spring dates up that far in advance.

My husband didn't think he would like river cruising, so we didn't look at Viking. I want to have a closer look at Celebrity now, and several people mentioned Azmara, so I will check that out.

I have read about Crystal and ... what is it Silver Seas? Those are both supposed to be quite luxurious.

But yeah, please tell me more if anyone has other suggestions, and thanks for all the responses.

Viking has an entire ocean cruising program, and will be adding expedition cruising in 2022.  I think you should definitely check out Viking Ocean before deciding!

• Like 1

I had been contemplating trying MSC before the shutdown.  I will look at MSC again. I was also considering trying a river cruise as well.  I still found that RCL works for me.  I will have to wait and see what things look like after it all clears.