Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

11 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Actually, RCL can do to Voyager what they did with Explorer for 3 years....

Direct Singapore or Sydney to LA... no separate cruise/embarking passengers in Oahu, thus no need for Ensenada.

I don't know though... I keep thinking of my all-incl in Cabo vacay just this past December, watching the Royal Princess, NCL Joy and the brand new Carnival Horizon all sail in and drop anchor in front of my resort. Would RCL send Voyager (will be 23 years old on 2022/2023) to compete against those larger and new(er) ships? Or a Quantum Class ship.... with two of them already doing Alaska with no need for a TP? 😉

Hey, like I was pushing so hard and dreaming for Q Class in Alaska on the deployment threads all the way back in 2015, I'll push as hard and dream for Q Class out of LA as well. 🙂

I YOU ARE GOING TO DREAM,DREAM BIG!

My thoughts are Royal will pull out of China,it’s to unstable.

Wonder of the seas In Brisbane in our season- transpacific to LA in your summer.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I YOU ARE GOING TO DREAM,DREAM BIG!

Lol!!! Of course, why not?

Like I was right track from the get go for Alaska.... how's this for a thought?

Not only will they put a Q Class ship in LA, they'll sail her through the Panama Canal. We already know she can get under the BoA with no issues (Lion's Gate Bridge) 😁😁😁... So I'm putting my bid in right now for Odyssey... or Spectrum if like you say China becomes an issue! You heard it here first 😎

30 minutes ago, RoamingRetirees said:

They converted Quantum to Asian tastes too, but it's in Alaska now.

True ,But would be easier to leave Spectrum  in Asia .They could still keep a foot in the door with China.

As for Wonder they are probably pulling the rice cookers out as we speak and putting in fry cookers .LOL

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

I think long term one of the Q class will stay in Australia year round to service Perfect Day Lelepa.  Given COVID who knows when that will be now.

The other Q class would do half Australia/half Alaska as normal. Spectrum and Wonder in Asia. That leaves Voyager for West Coast US.

Really....I can't see RCI ever pulling out of Asia...too profitable.

RCI can bring any ship to the west coast they'll give us...wouldn't mind a Celebrity ship too.

I've been hoping for this since Mariner left San Pedro...and many of you said

"When pig's fly will RCI come back".... well looks like they'll fly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

Actually, RCL can do to Voyager what they did with Explorer for 3 years....

Direct Singapore or Sydney to LA... no separate cruise/embarking passengers in Oahu, thus no need for Ensenada.

I don't know though... I keep thinking of my all-incl in Cabo vacay just this past December, watching the Royal Princess, NCL Bliss and the brand new Carnival Horizon all sail in and drop anchor in front of my resort. Would RCL send Voyager (will be 23 years old on 2022/2023) to compete against those larger and new(er) ships? Or a Quantum Class ship.... with two of them already doing Alaska with no need for a TP? 😉

Hey, like I was pushing so hard and dreaming for Q Class in Alaska on the deployment threads all the way back in 2015, I'll push as hard and dream for Q Class out of LA as well. 🙂

My thinking was that Royal wouldn't want to be marketing such a long cruise (TP or otherwise) when this season goes on sale.  As you say, they've done it before but that was a different world.  Marketing a cruise embarking in Ensenada might be even harder though!  

Agree that Voyager will be dated against the competition and they'd have to set price accordingly. 

Royal has 2 Q-class deployed to Alaska and Australia.  I can't see them reducing to one in Australia, particularly given that Quantum has recently appeared in the Brisbane port calendar.  However, they could release another Q-class for Alaska and West coast deployment...  I've always thought Odyssey would move elsewhere after 2 or 3 seasons in FLL and it's surely time to replace Anthem in NJ.  

I'm hopeful that Royal will finally offer West coast and Mexico cruises.  They're both on our bucket list and I've been thinking we'd go with Princess.  

33 minutes ago, Ashland said:

RCI can bring any ship to the west coast they'll give us...wouldn't mind a Celebrity ship too.

Have they announced anything yet, or is it just sleuthing? :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

27 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

+1 for this

Not Asia,China 

Even Germany is contemplating sending a warship to the area .

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Not Asia,China 

Even Germany is contemplating sending a warship to the area .

It will be interesting to see how this plays out and I think Royal will still send Wonder to China for at least a season.

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I see Singapore cruise schedule is back up.

There’s Genting but no Quantum, what going on?

It's just probably not loaded yet, and Royal only starts in December, so the schedule should be up by end of the month!

4 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

My thinking was that Royal wouldn't want to be marketing such a long cruise (TP or otherwise) when this season goes on sale.  As you say, they've done it before but that was a different world.  Marketing a cruise embarking in Ensenada might be even harder though!  

Agree that Voyager will be dated against the competition and they'd have to set price accordingly. 

Royal has 2 Q-class deployed to Alaska and Australia.  I can't see them reducing to one in Australia, particularly given that Quantum has recently appeared in the Brisbane port calendar.  However, they could release another Q-class for Alaska and West coast deployment...  I've always thought Odyssey would move elsewhere after 2 or 3 seasons in FLL and it's surely time to replace Anthem in NJ.  

I'm hopeful that Royal will finally offer West coast and Mexico cruises.  They're both on our bucket list and I've been thinking we'd go with Princess.  

Geoff the thing that surprises me about Quantum coming to Brisbane it will not be able to go to Cairns ( Yorkeys Knob ) or Airlie Beach. In today's climate with Corona they are relying on the South Pacific and NZ for cruises. 

Personally I think if Quantum comes to Brisbane it will be a whole new set of cruises. 

2 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Geoff the thing that surprises me about Quantum coming to Brisbane it will not be able to go to Cairns ( Yorkeys Knob ) or Airlie Beach. In today's climate with Corona they are relying on the South Pacific and NZ for cruises. 

Personally I think if Quantum comes to Brisbane it will be a whole new set of cruises. 

G'day mate.  

Are you saying that Quantum doesn't have tenders?  At Airlie they use a local provider who has a big catamaran.  Not sure what they do in Cairns.   

Q-class tendering is slow but it's doable. 

1 minute ago, geoff2802 said:

G'day mate.  

Are you saying that Quantum doesn't have tenders?  At Airlie they use a local provider who has a big catamaran.  Not sure what they do in Cairns.   

Q-class tendering is slow but it's doable. 

Geoff Ovation has always sailed past Cairns and Airlie.

If Ovation could have tendered I am certain Royal would have called here on at least one of the Singapore repositions. 

Cairns should be able to dock Voyager Class now. The plan was to take Radiance Class ships this season and up date to Voyager Class  at a later date if the trail was successful. 

4 minutes ago, springaussie said:

If Ovation could have tendered I am certain Royal would have called here on at least one of the Singapore repositions. 

Ovation tenders often.  She couldn't do many New Zealand or Hawaii stops without tendering.  Anthem tendered at CocoCay before the pier was completed.   They carry a number of lifeboats that are designed to tenders.  They work quite well.

My experiences tendering on Ovation were much more positive compared to tendering on Vision within a few months of each other.

2 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Cairns should be able to dock Voyager Class now. The plan was to take Radiance Class ships this season and up date to Voyager Class  at a later date if the trail was successful. 

Perhaps, but it might just have been because it's already a 14 night reposition from Singapore to Sydney and they didn't want to make it longer.  

Why couldn't they tender at those ports?  If extra water depth is required, it could mean a longer tender ride but this wouldn't prevent them from doing it.  

I'd say the desire to get the Queensland government to agree on a resumption would overwhelm this issue.  The larger ship can operate with the same number of passengers but lower loading.  Just switch the Radiance bookings across.  

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

Ovation tenders often.  She couldn't do many New Zealand or Hawaii stops without tendering.  Anthem tendered at CocoCay before the pier was completed.   They carry a number of lifeboats that are designed to tenders.  They work quite well.

My experiences tendering on Ovation were much more positive compared to tendering on Vision within a few months of each other.

IIRC, only Noumea and Port Vila have piers that can take Q-class in the South Pacific.  All the other ports are tendered. 

NZ has more ports with piers for Q-class, but there won't be many NZ cruises from Brisbane anyway; I don't think Radiance has any scheduled other than TPs perhaps.  

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

Perhaps, but it might just have been because it's already a 14 night reposition from Singapore to Sydney and they didn't want to make it longer.  

But they use KL instead. 

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

Why couldn't they tender at those ports?  If extra water depth is required, it could mean a longer tender ride but this wouldn't prevent them from doing it.  

I have been wondering the same.