Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

1 hour ago, MindyJohn said:

These are the poorest RCCL customer service decisions I've seen in a long time. 

Same thing has happened to me, on a TA from Barcelona to FTL for next November.  It had been "lifted and shifted" from this year.  Now, they've cancelled the cruise, with no offers other than $100 OBC if I book another repositioning cruise.  They have the Harmony scheduled to go the next day, but no offer for transferring.  Needless to say, the Harmony is almost double the cost, with only 1 port stop during the 14 days.  Not happy,

• Like 1

Serenade of the Seas had been booked for months at Grand Cayman for October 15, 2022. She was just booked at Astoria, Oregon on September 28th, 2022,  when it appears she does a coastal sailing and then Panama Canal Sailing taking her back to the Caribbean for winter of 2022-23. 

21 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

Ditto.  I L&S'd five weeks from Enchantment to Freedom.  Got confirmations for 4 and the 5th is still pending.  Now I know why.  I'm also involved with Radiance being dropped in Brisbane.  I had b3b on her in March-April 2022.  Can't win for losing.

Mindy, I am still waiting on official word from RCI that they have cancelled Serenade out of Sydney early 2021 season.  Have 8 legs booked, (2/10/21-5/16/21) and don't expect any of them to happen.  Have no where to L&S since the cruise season for 2022 is not even close to the same.  At least so far as I see yet.  Maybe things will change later.  

We were on the transpacific from Honolulu next October on Quantum. Our TA messaged me yesterday giving me the options and was going to find out if we could be changed over to a shortened cruise that ends in Brisbane. Checked my cruise planner this morning and we are still on the trip that is now 15 days instead of 18. They have taken NZ out and added a stop in Brisbane but it still apparently ends in Sydney. Not sure if they kniw yet what is happening. There are some pretty upset people in Sydney at the moment.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Mindy, I am still waiting on official word from RCI that they have cancelled Serenade out of Sydney early 2021 season.  Have 8 legs booked, (2/10/21-5/16/21) and don't expect any of them to happen.  Have no where to L&S since the cruise season for 2022 is not even close to the same.  At least so far as I see yet.  Maybe things will change later.  

You've been getting hit left and right, that's for sure.  The variety of Australia 2022 itineraries looks weak compared to years past when there was at least one circumnavigation.  I can imagine how frustrated you are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MindyJohn said:

You've been getting hit left and right, that's for sure.  The variety of Australia 2022 itineraries looks weak compared to years past when there was at least one circumnavigation.  I can imagine how frustrated you are.

i'm so glad we did the circumnavigation this year, disembarking on March 14, when everything shut down. 

13 hours ago, mattymay said:

You can't book the Brisbane Quantum TP yet. Maybe they will give the Sydney customers a chance to switch as well before opening it up.

Neither our TA or I have received an email. My account online says we are still on the quantum, now out of Brisbane.  Same cabin we were in from Sydney. It may change tomorrow 

21 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

This maybe a new trick to get more money.

Things are booking out ,cancel the cruise and put the price up?

Sounds like a Royal Caribbean marketing tool to me.

Was only joking but I have had reports of a few of Ovation premium  Christmas cruises being canceled .

I wonder what Royal has in store for us.

56 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Was only joking but I have had reports of a few of Ovation premium  Christmas cruises being canceled .

I wonder what Royal has in store for us.

So given the Brisbane port schedule was right about Quantum. What do make of the Ovation stops on there? 

March doesn't line up with current itineraries, and June.. well, the season is usually over by that time.

image.png.b1c93d56629c1b6f118716ec64470f15.pngimage.png.e20353a8113c7161e2d04b54ebd3b65b.png

1 hour ago, mattymay said:

So given the Brisbane port schedule was right about Quantum. What do make of the Ovation stops on there? 

March doesn't line up with current itineraries, and June.. well, the season is usually over by that time.

image.png.b1c93d56629c1b6f118716ec64470f15.pngimage.png.e20353a8113c7161e2d04b54ebd3b65b.png

You got me? Do I get a prize if I answer correctly?

It’s obviously a place holder for something, but what?

The only thing I could think of is a ship in Sydney for winter?

• Like 1

If they've been there for a while, they could be remnants of an earlier, now defunct, plan.  They may not cleaned them up. 

My guesses... 

The 10 June 2022 could be repositioning Voyager to LA.  A long way around for sure, but the TPs from Australia are very popular and yield good revenue for Royal.  

The March one might just have been a port call for an Ovation cruise from Sydney.  

It probably is a ship year round.

There’s been some talk of a ship a couple of years ago.

It used to be people escaping the cold in the northern hemisphere but with relentless heat people want to get away from the heat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

A long way around for sure, but the TPs from Australia are very popular and yield good revenue for Royal.  

Explorer had some pretty low per day prices when she used to do the 23-24 days runs, with Radiance and Ovation only slightly better, mainly due to the stop in Hawaii. The only repo with high prices are the northern westbound TAs on Radiance class in late August. All ships prior to COVID were popular within the RCG, reporting 108% capacities on average.

17 hours ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Neither our TA or I have received an email. My account online says we are still on the quantum, now out of Brisbane.  Same cabin we were in from Sydney. It may change tomorrow 

How about now?  Mine disappeared overnight.  My cabin is up for sale at 225% mark-up on the newly listed TP departing the same day to Brisbane. I feel like this was an easy way to not honor previous L&S.  Really poor showing.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

How about now?  Mine disappeared overnight.  My cabin is up for sale at 225% mark-up on the newly listed TP departing the same day to Brisbane. I feel like this was an easy way to not honor previous L&S.  Really poor showing.

Mine disappeared as well.  Had option to book on Ovation.  We have GS on Quantum and only JS available on Ovation for $2,000 US more.  Looked at booking quantum.  Same GS was over $7,000 US more.  Told TA to just let it cancel and get our refund.  There were 3 couples. - all GS.  

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 7:32 PM, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Don't blame you at all for being angry. We were on Radiance HNL - Brisbane 9/21/21. Option offered to us is to transfer to either Ovation or Serenade at PREVAILING RATES and get a whopping $50/Balcony OBC or $100/Suite OBC or we can get any $$ on the ressie refunded. Not a happy camper either. 

Wow they are getting stingy with their OBC offer.  Used to be $200 for a balcony, $400 for suites for a 7 days cruise I believe.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RoamingRetirees said:

i'm so glad we did the circumnavigation this year, disembarking on March 14, when everything shut down. 

You were very and very lucky my friend. Unfortunately, there were not that many people who had a chance to end their vacation this way. Many had to go through tiring refund process and lose a nerve waiting for their money which was so crucial during those first 2-3 months of quarantine  

3 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

You were very and very lucky my friend. Unfortunately, there were not that many people who had a chance to end their vacation this way. Many had to go through tiring refund process and lose a nerve waiting for their money which was so crucial during those first 2-3 months of quarantine  

I agree. We were never so glad to get home safely. However, we had five more cruises booked this year, including 4 cabins we paid for our family cruise to Alaska. So, we did go through the tiring refund process--over $20,000 worth. Since the Alaska cruise was one of the first ones cancelled, we waited a very long time to get it all back in little bits and pieces.

6 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Kim, Is this the cruise you L & S Allure TA for, along with others?

Margaret

34 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

Kim, Is this the cruise you L & S Allure TA for, along with others?

Margaret

It was Margaret.  I have a back-up booked on the Odyssey TA, as well.  I had planned to decide later which to do as it might have been difficult to take the longer TP with time off from work. So I'm not upset entirely about losing the cruise, just the crappy way it was handled.  

• Like 2

why would i book some thing out into 2023, when my personal history says there is at least a 60 percent change they will either cancel my sailing or switch the ship to a lower quality ship.  i am more and mor finding this company to have a poor business paradigm

24 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

why would i book some thing out into 2023, when my personal history says there is at least a 60 percent change they will either cancel my sailing or switch the ship to a lower quality ship.  i am more and mor finding this company to have a poor business paradigm

Exactly 
 canceling cruises,changing ships ,sticking the price up.

Why would you plan anything.

22 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

It was Margaret.  I have a back-up booked on the Odyssey TA, as well.  I had planned to decide later which to do as it might have been difficult to take the longer TP with time off from work. So I'm not upset entirely about losing the cruise, just the crappy way it was handled.  

That's bad, especially when Royal offered it as part of the Lift & Shift programme.     They should allow you to change to another cruise, it's not your fault they have decided to change their sailings.

I hope you manage to get something booked.    

Margaret

• Like 1